Discussion about Marin Bell Elections

Udgard

Just to confirm and clarify, (since I was asked twice now) we should contact each of these three individuals with our vote? (*sending three messages with one vote each?)
Or simply send a vote to one of them? :cool:

Edited by Maebius

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1328294771' post='103301']
I do find it mildly wrong that one of the candidates started this thread though.
[/quote]

The overall idea of a Regent/Semi-monarch to take the place of Queen Kets was put forth by Rhaegar, I believe, at a meeting we had. As far as I understand, the opportunity was opened to all Citizens to apply, and two others did so. While I understand the faint bias you may feel in having one of the candidates put forth the Vote, I felt it natural, since the overall idea itself was spearheaded by Rhaegar, from my understanding. Thus, this post.

If the other folks find such things to slant the potential votes, I'll keep that in mind for any future MarindBell 'events' and try to make sure myself, or a more 'neutral' party does the initial posting. In this case, I do not believe that any attempt to "rig" things was intended.

Edited by Maebius

well it does influence neutrality in some way, thats what grido pointed out

but on other hand more troublin thing should be that candidate who has biggest chances to win, put forth this idea in first place

heh but it really doesnt matter that much, since they actually asked everyone to express their opinion, whilst mb council has power to put up anyone they see fit as regent without askin or answerin to anyone, but they didnt do that, they did quite opposite and initiated votin

Candidate A puts forth the vote, phrases everything in said post (though it looks fairly neutral here, this is hypothetical) however they like, possibly phrasing it in a favourable way towards themselves. Also, Voter 1 sees that Candidate A has put the vote forth, doesn't know much/equal opinion of each candidate and so votes for the person they've seen has put the vote up as they must be important.

Do you not understand visual bias Seig?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1328296034' post='103304']

The overall idea of a Regent/Semi-monarch to take the place of Queen Kets was put forth by [b]Rhaegar[/b], I believe, at a meeting we had. As far as I understand, the opportunity was opened to all Citizens to apply, and two others did so. While I understand the faint bias you may feel in having one of the candidates put forth the Vote, I felt it natural, since the overall idea itself was spearheaded by Rhaegar, from my understanding. Thus, this post.
[/quote]

Replace Rhaegar with Chewett.

But he indeed did run with the idea after comments were made and i refused to handle it.

[quote name='Liberty4life' timestamp='1328296902' post='103312']
whilst mb council has power to put up anyone they see fit as regent without askin or answerin to anyone, but they didnt do that, they did quite opposite and initiated votin

[/quote]

We could have just said the regant is X :P

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1328298092' post='103316']
Everyone knows these "votes" are all popularity contests.

It's not the "norm" to be thoughtful and educate yourself on who would be the "best" person for this position. But who is the most popular/most liked in the realm.
[/quote]

Doesn't have to be liked, even, just better known (up to a certain point, without being the target of massive hate, of course).
That's how MD always worked, sadly.

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1328297299' post='103315']
Candidate A puts forth the vote, phrases everything in said post (though it looks fairly neutral here, this is hypothetical) however they like, possibly phrasing it in a favourable way towards themselves. Also, Voter 1 sees that Candidate A has put the vote forth, doesn't know much/equal opinion of each candidate and so votes for the person they've seen has put the vote up as they must be important.

Do you not understand visual bias Seig?
[/quote]

I do understand your points, and I have considered previously to ask Maebius to post the same words instead of me, but that would just mask the essence - that I worked on processing this elections.
If I do get higher amount of votes than the others, I assure you, it won't be because of the visual bias 'issue' created in this topic, with certainty I can say that the mentioned issue you find as troubling for this event will be the least of the factors for someone's vote.

The Council of Marind Bell organized this event, Council of which I am part of and in which I had the most part of putting the event into motion (to answer the previous question, I'm not sure have I mentioned it earlier in one of our meetings Maebius - certainly had it on my mind, but the event itself has started due to Chewett's topic).

The great focus of my work in this event was to keep away conflict of interests, and maintain "fairness" of the system. If I succeeded or not, others will have to give feedback to let you know (there was a stage previous to this vote).

One important detail - this is not a universal MD event, it is initiated by the government of Marind Bell for the government of Marind Bell, which gives me the "right" to post the topic.
I do not owe you a justification of any kind, Grido, but still, I assure you, it was not my intent to "get score" by being the one who posted the topic.

Please, if someone can move the discussion to a separate thread, it would be lovely. The voting main topic should be locked...