New rules

Shadowseeker

[quote]
Currently storing creatures is not an abuse, but we do thank you for
reporting this to us, and we will be watching them closely, if you see
any of these creatures being sold or traded, then please do warn us.

Thank you
MD Council

[/quote]
The Council seems to think otherwise.

• Root Admin

You didnt really read what Grido said Pippy, Ageing your crits on alts, and selling said crits for profit that goes to your main is abuse.

I dont remember seeing them say that on the forum, nor do i remember in what relation it was to, but i think they are just saying storing them is fine. Which is surely fine under the alt rule thing.

hmm so... if i accuire creats with main, put them on alt for age, and then sell them thats oke? since creats were initially of main acc and nut of alts

ya guys confuse me, council says storin is not alt abuse, so really i dunt understand things nuw, how and wut to do, in order for it nut to be abuse?

No, recruiting creatures on alts, and ageing/storing them on alts is fine. Selling them is also fine, so long as the coins go to the account that had them, rather than any other.

You are not able to acquire with main, then put on alt, it's restricted by system

First note that i have no alt

but reading this forum i get confuse

- its ok to store creature on alt ?
- do storing mean recruiting on main, sending on alt, and getting back on main?
- or does it mean that one can recruit on main send on alt, and sel with alt and send coins to main?

[b]Chewett and Grido please clarify that[/b]

because if storing and aging on alt mean : recruiting with alt, aging it on the alt , and selling from the alt, and keeping coin on the alt
its not "storing" for me, its playing the alt independant of the main ...

Edited by Tom Pouce

• Root Admin

You are allowed to play an alt completely independently of your main.

You are not allowed to trade items, creatures or anything else between your main

You are not allowed to sell items/creatures on one account, and give the profits to another

yep this is very confusin, the way that council worded it is quite strange, and the interpretation of that by chew and grido, is NORMAL way of playin alt, which then again brings us back to why council worded it like that: "storing creats on alt aint abuse"

me would like to see council explainin clearly wut they meant so it couldnt be missinterpreted

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1338205390' post='113044']
It is kinda confusing though.
To me it seems like you may store creatures on alt, kind of like a bestiary.. Or maybe even to later send back to main when you get more slots.
[/quote]
You arnt allowed to trade crits between your accounts... so im not sure how you came to that conclusion.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1338205488' post='113046']
You arnt allowed to trade crits between your accounts... so im not sure how you came to that conclusion.
[/quote]
Eh, true, that slipped my mind..

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to remind whoever want sto discuss that this has been inactive. Seeing as there has been no change, I am now prodding council to rewrite this as is, either doing the formats by itself for the MD rule page or leaving it up to me?

Either way, since there has been no controversy, I will just take this as concluded.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' timestamp='1339197778' post='114167']
If the 3 members minimum alliance rule stands we should probably add that to this page, to avoid any future confusion as happened to Fyrd when the LS was taken from him.
[/quote]

seconded

Proposed addition to the extra general things or in alt abuse?:

In the event that an alliance only has 2 members or less, they are in constant danger of being disbanded immediatedly. Using alts to fill the seats is not allowed if they are from the same person.

I'm a bit tied up this weekend, so feel free to [s]do my work for me[/s] correct me :P

• Root Admin

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1339277824' post='114224']
In the event that an alliance only has 2 members or less, they are in constant danger of being disbanded immediatedly. Using alts to fill the seats is not allowed if they are from the same person
[/quote]

That isnt clear, and would have to have some clarification from Mur/Council, but i believe that is indeed the case based on my discussion with mur months previous.

• 3 weeks later...

I have updated the first post with a link as to how the rulepage would look like after I edited it. (The council email picture would have to be changed and refit, however...I just put that in as a placeholder.)

[If you can#t see it yet, that#s because I am uploading it now]

Alts are not just "one of several accounts that are possessed by the same player" they are any accounts who at any time share the same access point, they don't have to be accounts of yours to be classed as your alts.

• Root Admin

i only noticed you could actually click the blue links after viewing the source... thats not very user friendly.

also, i havent really seen the colour scheme used.... anywhere in MD. Blue and red does not go together normally. definately not in MD.

actually, i didnt notice you could click them because i didnt actually read the top, so partly my fault, but its still not that user friendly...

The word "things" is pretty unprofessional, i suggest it be replaced with something else.

[b]comments about the rules:[/b]

[b]Using alts to fill the seats is not allowed if they are from the same person.[/b] - Murry said this to me, but was this discussed by public or said in an announcement?

[b]Fake "Mur said so" or "Council said so" orders. Any claim of "Mur said so" or "Council said so without it being true leads to a permanent ban without any explanation or defending possible. [/b]- was this the original text + adding on the council? Personally i would like to see council state this specifically. The punishment seems exceptionally excessive, nor do i feel that Mur or council would ever inact such a punishment. I would point out, why say it if you arnt ever going to go through with it. its stupid. State something more like "extreme punishments will be applied" rather than specifically perma ban. if you then dont perma ban, you are weak...

[b]If you dispute the results of an alt test, and a more in depth alt checking method still concludes you are in violation of the Alternative Accounts rules and restrictions, your punishment will be worsened. You may still continue to dispute the results, however you will face whatever the current punishment is and the same risks of worse punishment, each time until such a time as you are found to not be in violation of the Alternative Accounts rules and restrictions, you are told you are no longer allowed to appeal, or you cease disputing the results and serve your current punishment.[/b] - This paragraph is confusing, and the last sentence is massively too long. I would suggest splitting it up into more sentences and making it more readable, not to mention that although i understand what its trying to say... its odd... i can do this if you want :)

The whole bugs section needs a rewrite. It contains really old, and wrong information. I have been forwarded to the bugs email account a couple times for abusive ones. Council arnt dealing with them. Read the most recent announcement

Hei,

The rule[list]
[*]Use duplicate or stolen pictures for avatar submission
[/list]
should be more general i think something along the line:[list]
[*]Use duplicate or stolen work for any artwork submission
[/list]

Edited by Miq