3 Member Alliance Rule

Chewett

dst, it's not about you. (in my words, at least, but this continued defensive bitterness of yours is irritating) It is about the Rule.
I am not questioning your alliance or it's validity. I'm asking how the Rule should or should not be changed. That's the discussion here on this forum thread, yes? Do alts count? Maybe they shouldn't. But if not, it is IN GENERAL to address the Alt situation, not specifically directed at you.
[size=1]You clowns keep swinging hammers, I may pick different Story Choices... :unsure: [/size]

The rule implies alts are allowed. Is this acceptable? I think so.
Discuss.

:)) I'd cut it gladly if the rule is changed to prevent it, though.
Alts are quite permitted in other aspects of the game, if they are "different characters". Thats' a long standing rule.
Having alts in the same alliance, I am firmly against.

• Root Admin

I asked Murry this question previously and he said that provided your alts are not in the alliance to specifically provide loyalty benifits or that you dont have multiple alts in an alliance, thats perfectly fine. But there are no concrete rules banning alts in an alliance. Although i think that there should be some rule regarding multiple alts in the same alliance,

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]This is purely a question and not directed at any one person or group:[/font][/color]
[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Wouldn't using an alt or 2 to keep an alliance open for the main be a form of abuse because the alts are benefiting the main by keeping the count above the rule? [/font][/color]

The way I see it, having alts in other alliances is probably fine, but yes, having two "characters" in the same group is where the line gets crossed.
But official Response might be best here, to clarify, then the whole issue can be put to rest.

I don't believe alts should be allowed in different alliances. If there was to be a "war" between your alliance and the alliance your alt is in, what would you do? You aren't allowed to attack yourself. It is against the rules.

And as for the rule regarding the minimum of three members... It was posted before that back in 2009 this rule was announced. Maybe 2010. That is two or three years that this rule has been standing. Where was all this discussion about it then? Or did you just not care then because it didn't affect you then?

I would think the best question is, if you are really that concerned about it, then why not do something about it? I have been in the game for over 100 days now and I had never heard of Fyrd's alliance before. There are plenty of people who are unaffiliated with any alliances. I for one have never been asked into any alliance, nor had any of my alts. Three simple members can't be that hard to achieve...

• Root Admin

[quote name='Isabella Finch' timestamp='1339385305' post='114314']
I don't believe alts should be allowed in different alliances. If there was to be a "war" between your alliance and the alliance your alt is in, what would you do? You aren't allowed to attack yourself. It is against the rules.
[/quote]

I know a number of people who play alts well in different lands and alliances.

And as for the rule regarding the minimum of three members... It was posted before that back in 2009 this rule was announced. Maybe 2010. That is two or three years that this rule has been standing. Where was all this discussion about it then? Or did you just not care then because it didn't affect you then?
[/quote]

Mur did it then, Most people dont argue with Mur, wheras council everyone loves to argue with them. I remember little/no argument to the rule when murry announced it, nor any when/if he removed alliances before.

I would think the best question is, if you are really that concerned about it, then why not do something about it? I have been in the game for over 100 days now and I had never heard of Fyrd's alliance before. There are plenty of people who are unaffiliated with any alliances. I for one have never been asked into any alliance, nor had any of my alts. Three simple members can't be that hard to achieve...
[/quote]

But you are applying for an alliance no? I asked you about an alliance before you "hated" on me.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1339393413' post='114323']
I know a number of people who play alts well in different lands and alliances.[/quote]

Doesn't mean I can't have my own opinion, though honestly alts has nothing to do with the prime problem as it isn't mentioned in the rule that is being up for debate.

Mur did it then, Most people dont argue with Mur, wheras council everyone loves to argue with them. I remember little/no argument to the rule when murry announced it, nor any when/if he removed alliances before.[/quote]

That is basically my point.

But you are applying for an alliance no? I asked you about an alliance before you "hated" on me.[/quote]

I don't recall what you are talking about but one person seeking entrance into an alliance that is known and respected is far different than an alliance seeking membership because it has only one or two people and needs more to stay alive based on a rule that has been in motion for over a year now.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Isabella Finch' timestamp='1339395734' post='114324']
I don't recall what you are talking about but one person seeking entrance into an alliance that is known and respected is far different than an alliance seeking membership because it has only one or two people and needs more to stay alive based on a rule that has been in motion for over a year now.
[/quote]

Oh yeah i would agree with you there, But, to give some perspective, recently because of all of pippies alliance takeovers, a lot of people kicked inactives and such so that they couldnt come back and invite pippy/LW into their alliance. You dont know if the person you have invited into the alliance just wants to get in to invite them to steal the alliance.