Sorting list of heat voters by Heat given

Chewett

• Root Admin

For heat votes, you can use a simple one line piece of code to sort heat voters into heat given in desending order

[CODE]
@vb = mdsi_item_heat();
arsort(@vb['players']);
[/CODE]

This assumes that your heat variable has been assigned to @vb as in the example. When printing the information out with this format, it will produce it in an ordered format

[code]
foreach(@vb['players'] as @vk => @vh){
echo @vk . ': ' . @vh . '<br />';
}
[/code]

its nicer to show those who have given the most heat at the top than rather the first people who visited the clicky

Comments and questions can go on this post :)

Edited by Chewett

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1342417143' post='117598']
The heat goes down by one a second, just like it does outside of items. That's not related to how often you check the clicky.
[/quote]

That shouldn't happen to heat vote then.. It's a voting method and I think it's stupid to lose somehow a vote casted? So there's no funtion to prevent the loss at all?

However, I believe losing heat should happen to scripted items since somehow can be... abused, but that's not the case of heat for vote.

If the concept of the heat vote is not only how hard the community agrees with the voting theme, but also the dedication to keep it high, there is actually a point for the heat to be reduced in time.

And also i guess a function for the clickie would be able to be used in items as well, so it could be abused from ppl with scripting item ability as well

(I haven't even given a look to the md script so if there is a way to make a function just to work for clikies and not for items, ignore my second paragraph :P )

• Root Admin

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1342446129' post='117622']
That shouldn't happen to heat vote then.. It's a voting method and I think it's stupid to lose somehow a vote casted? So there's no funtion to prevent the loss at all?

However, I believe losing heat should happen to scripted items since somehow can be... abused, but that's not the case of heat for vote.
[/quote]

The amount one has given is stored, but the active heat drops, as Valldore says, its not how much was given, its a continual effort.

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1342446129' post='117622']

[/quote]
[quote][color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 2206 - [2012-02-17 22:33:18 - Stage 11][/color]
[b]Heat Voting (concept)[/b]
The fact heat drops is also relevant when considering that a certain matter might be seen by someone that can do something about it at a later time. In other words it is a vote that slowly fades away if not sustained and has as only "enemy" the "forgetting" of that cause...and that is in a way very realistic.[/quote]
If you really want to show the total amount of heat donated you can add up the amounts of heat donated by each player (after subtracting the heat from previous votes.) If I'm right that doesn't drop over time.

• Root Admin

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1342468830' post='117630']
If you really want to show the total amount of heat donated you can add up the amounts of heat donated by each player (after subtracting the heat from previous votes.) If I'm right that doesn't drop over time.
[/quote]

indeed, my clickable displays current and total heat, along with all the heat donated by all the voters, and calculates it based on the method you suggested.