Reward Lag

Phantom Orchid

Seig,

On the 10th of June I requested a WP code for my quest which you are sponsoring. On the 22nd you replied saying you would have it to me in a few hours, and you have not replied to subsequent messages.

I would not normally make an issue of it, but the last time you sponsored a quest of mine it took several weeks (and me having to hound you and work on reward coordination) AFTER the quest winners were announced to get the rewards to the winners. This is why I requested one so early... because if I hadn't extended it today was going to be the deadline for the quest.

I have largely been reluctant to seek sponsorship from the TKs because of this incompetency, and it is a shame, because you are the only one I know who can give WP codes for rewards. I know that I would be more inclined to run in-game quests if you would communicate in a timely fashion and make good on your word.

And I wonder if others have similar experiences trying to work with you.

Edited by Phantom Orchid

I am also working 60 hours a week. When I am on MD nowadays, it is during my break at work. And the codes for the WPs are stored at home on an external harddrive. When I get home, that last thing on my mind is MD. It's sleep, and food.

I apologize for the lateness of the delivery, but it will be made.

My past conversations with other TK members involved them telling me to talk with Seig, because he was the leader and they had no control or even access to rewards. That is why this post was directed solely to Seig and not the TKs in general.

And I'm sick of the struggle for accessing what should be available to competent quest makers. I don't have time for this... and it's unfair for quest winners to have to track you down and waste their time to claim their already tardy rewards from you.

I accept apologies after the first time, but this is a pattern, like I said (see dream quest results thread for background).

Edited by Phantom Orchid

Funny, because you did not seem so patient when you replied saying you'll have the WP code to me in a few hours - immediately after you requested help with resurrecting you. I said I will not help you out-of-game, and since then you haven't replied in weeks...

It is not a matter of patience, it is about accountability and being good on your word. And maybe, just maybe you'll consider what Chewett wrote - but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Edited by Phantom Orchid

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1343884855' post='118969']
delegation is an important part of running a team. You cant and shouldnt do everything, if you gave everyone in the TK's some WPRC's and such, then all you need to do is ask X to give reward Y out which doesnt take long at all.

If you personally give all the rewards out, then TK's become much more pointless and a one man band.
[/quote]
[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1343952764' post='119052']
Yes, you are right Chewett. The TKs are meant exactly for that.
[/quote]
So why isn't it like that then? (or at least appear like that)

Edited by Grido

At the end of the day Seig you have an official role in MD and you told someone you would do something in a few hours and weeks later it hasnt happened. You can delegate like Chew said there. Really its just really poor communication, same sort of issue you brought up with such passion about the council.

Z

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1343997289' post='119126']
[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1343884855' post='118969']
delegation is an important part of running a team. You cant and shouldnt do everything, if you gave everyone in the TK's some WPRC's and such, then all you need to do is ask X to give reward Y out which doesnt take long at all.

If you personally give all the rewards out, then TK's become much more pointless and a one man band.
[/quote]
[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1343952764' post='119052']
Yes, you are right Chewett. The TKs are meant exactly for that.
[/quote]
So why isn't it like that then? (or at least appear like that)
[/quote]

If you'd care to answer? Perhaps if you could shed some light on why it's not possible to delegate we would be more understanding as a community.

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1344083924' post='119232']
I don't have to tell the community anything. That's why.
[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]You do however have trust points, don't you?[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]And as I remember one was already removed.[/i][/color]

What I'm curious is how there have beem ...a few replies on the forums in short order, yet I wonder if Phantom orchid has received her sponsored reward yet.
I don't ask this in an accusing manner, just putting things in perspective here. We all have lives beyond MD. I understand the codes may be on another drive.
But, why not take a few minutes and resolve the issue thi weekend over a spaRE 10 minutes and keep the arguing here minimized?

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1344063410' post='119184']
If you'd care to answer? Perhaps if you could shed some light on why it's not possible to delegate [b]we would be more understanding as a community[/b].
[/quote]
[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1344083924' post='119232']
I don't have to tell the community anything. That's why.
[/quote]
[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1344129658' post='119263']
A bit of [b]understanding [/b]would be nice.
[/quote]

I think it's clear why there's no/little understanding from the community.

Yes, a year ago in fact. But I didn't then ask people for some understanding regarding it.

Besides which I believe I clarified that I didn't have to by way of how my position works, you on the other hand, I'm pretty sure are meant to be fairly open about stuff - definition is of course loose, not saying you're going against your role or anything when you deny explaining.

If you don't want to answer, don't, but then don't expect a whole lot of understanding from people if you choose that route.

What astounds me is that, within the four days of this complaint being filed, you have had little time to get the codes needed, but have had enough time to respond with arguments and reasoning, as poor as they may be, to your actions.

Perhaps you should focus less on arguing about what you have or haven't done, and spend that time trying to right the wrong?

No?

Edit: Spelling corrections

Edited by Sasha Lilias