Regarding Alliances

DARK DEMON

Just a suggestion...

MP4's can join alliances. Yet, not a single one (except Zyrxae I believe?) joins any, and this is obviously because then MP5's will be able to attack them as well. What I have in mind, is that even after joining alliances the MP fighting system should remain, as MP5's outmatch MP4's. MP5's should NOT fight MP4's at all. This would probably keep balance too, cause most MP4's will want to stay MP4 for a longer time, and anyways there are far too many MP5's than MP3's and MP4's combined. MP4's CAN join alliances, so it would be right to see that they DO. This would, out of all things, increase competition, and give MP4's a reason to stay as MP4, and not advance :D

What do you guys think?

(and please, if there are objections, TELL me the reason why this can't be possible. I want to know, so just negative rep won't do :P)

(I know that most MP5's would disagree to this cause they'd just looove to destroy us weak MP4's, so this post is not directed to the ones who think this way :P)

EDIT: negative rep as expected...

Edited by DARK DEMON

So, say another war starts. Do I, as a loyal fighter for my land, care whether the enemy soldiers are MP4 or MP5?

There should be a natural progression to MP5, especially now that MP4s have the opportunity to train their stats before advancing by lowering EXP.

If one MP4 advances alone, yes it's going to be difficult for them to get on their feet, but if two MP4s advance together, they've got training partners of somewhat equal level, and if three or four advance together, they've got a whole group. Then, when another group comes once that group gets stronger, they can attack these new MP5s while they train themselves for the next group.

There are so many reasons to disagree with this, the least of which is "Hurr durr I want to attack you".

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1346756186' post='121404']
No chance again Eon at the outset maybe, but there's tonnes of other MP5s which are easily beatable, even from the get go.
[/quote]

Obviously no chance against Eon, but probably neither against many others... I shan't take names

By joining an ally, you get stats (I agree, right now they are not much but in the past 100 attack was a looot -besides, the amount can be easily changed and maybe it will be changed in the future). By getting stats, you should be stronger than a normal mp4 so you should be able to play in the big league.

Also, why should you stay mp4? Advance. That is why mp5 exists.
Joining an ally is optional. If you wish to be in one, you take it as it is: with advantages and disadvantages.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1346765319' post='121418']
By joining an ally, you get stats.......
Joining an ally is optional. If you wish to be in one, you take it as it is: with advantages and disadvantages.
[/quote]

Seconded.
It is a risk you take, to gain citizenship and the benefits of joining the Guild/Alliances.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1346765319' post='121418']
By joining an ally, you get stats (I agree, right now they are not much but in the past 100 attack was a looot -besides, the amount can be easily changed and maybe it will be changed in the future). By getting stats, you should be stronger than a normal mp4 so you should be able to play in the big league.

Also, why should you stay mp4? Advance. That is why mp5 exists.
[/quote]

In the current system, I would obviously advance before joining an alliance.

However, this is just a suggestion to CHANGE; to completely restrict fighting to the respective MP's. MP5's should only be able to attack MP5's, and MP4's similarly. :D

And I don't really care about being in the "big league". I am happy with my strength (although constantly improving), so I wouldn't join an alliance just to get stats :P

All I ask, is this change. It wouldn't affect you MP5's at all I believe, cause there are no MP4's (except Zyrxae) in alliances now, and I don't suppose there will be in the future as long as this system lasts. So why NOT? :D

Edited by DARK DEMON

Because not everyone wants to be mp5 or something else but at the same time if there is somekind of war and in the end of a battle on one side there is mp4 standing and on the other mp5 then who won? There are many reasons why cross mp battle should be allowed and the benefit of not having it is that people who won't dare to join would now dare (are you even wanted then?).

Ofc it a different thing about the guilds and no combat allies. So if any change then i would suggest making a difference there.

Miq

Edited by Miq

DD, it seems you didn't understand a word I said. Alliances don't need to be changed in the direction you suggest. They were made this way for few reasons. The ONLY disadvantage a person that joins an ally is that if that person is mp4, he/she can be attacked by mp5s (and mp6es). But there are countless advantages to joining an ally. Why do you wish to take that "disadvantage" away? If you don't like it, I repeat, don't get into one or move to mp5.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1346773758' post='121437']
They were made this way for few reasons.
[/quote]

WHAT reasons? I would like to know :P

And when this was implemented, was it believed that MP4's WOULD join alliances? If it was, then the exact opposite is happening...

My core point: If you're repeatedly saying that I should advance to MP5 if I wanna join an alliance, then why is the option to join one available at MP4 in the first place?

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1346774677' post='121438']
WHAT reasons? I would like to know :P
[/quote]
Few reasons (some that I have already stated):
-inter mind power fights (see the example you have been given twice already about wars)
-joining an ally gets you stats and as I explained, in the past 100 attack was a loot (and now land loyalty)
-joining an ally gets you prestige especially if you're an mp4 (in the past mp3 as well). In the past if an mp3 was in an ally that person had already an advantage from the point of view of popularity+ again stats
-almost everything in MD has 2 "faces" - mp4s being attack by mp5s is one of them

And when this was implemented, was it believed that MP4's WOULD join alliances? If it was, then the exact opposite is happening...
[/quote]

When it was implemented even mp3s were allowed to join. And they did.

My core point: If you're repeatedly saying that I should advance to MP5 if I wanna join an alliance, then why is the option to join one available at MP4 in the first place?
[/quote]

Why is there an option to buy spells from WP shop when you're an mp3 and you don't have heat to cast them?

Btw: this is the last time I reply to your first question because right now it seems that you don't wish to understant or you're simply tring to piss me off.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1346776305' post='121439']
Btw: this is the last time I reply to your first question because right now it seems that you don't wish to understant or you're simply tring to piss me off.
[/quote]

Alright, if you think that way, not my fault! I had no intention of pissing you off... :P

Thanks for clearing that up anyways.

In all honesty Demon, i joined the Water Dowsers at MP4, gathered Water as i saw fit, battled in and out of my Mind Power, "suffered" from Eons stat damage, and enjoyed the various advantages an Alliance/Guild gives.

I do not think the system needs changing. It seems It works just fine to me, so, leave it be.

If your gutsy enough, join an Alliance/Guild at MP4. If not, then just wait till you rank up. The problems not with the Alliances/Guilds, its with you, and i say that with as much respect as possible.

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1346796483' post='121443']
In all honesty Demon, i joined the Water Dowsers at MP4, gathered Water as i saw fit, battled in and out of my Mind Power, "suffered" from Eons stat damage, and enjoyed the various advantages an Alliance/Guild gives.

I do not think the system needs changing. It seems It works just fine to me, so, leave it be.

If your gutsy enough, join an Alliance/Guild at MP4. If not, then just wait till you rank up. The problems not with the Alliances/Guilds, its with you, and i say that with as much respect as possible.
[/quote]

Alright, I'm convinced...