Neg-repping

Magistra

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]I would very much like to see that neg-repping was restricted to the contents of a post and not was used as a weapon against people one doesn’t like. It is unbelievable childish to do so, especially since most of us here are adults.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]I would therefore ask the people who do so – and I’m sure they know for themselves – to stop this petty behaviour. [/font][/color][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]

Sorry, I was under the impression that reputation was anonymous, but you seem to have information not only about who gave reputation, but why as well, since it would be pretty difficult (read as: impossible) to know why without knowing who.

Nonetheless, I find myself subject to negative reputation sometimes, would I like to believe it's all people who just don't like me? Hell yeah, [u]some[/u] of it might even be just that. Does it ultimately matter what somebody's reason is for pressing the button? Isn't it their right to judge you and me and anyone else, whether it's because of what you say or because of who you are? Just the same as it is your right to ignore it.

If you believe somebody is being subjected to extreme prejudice (ie. somebody going and giving reputation to every one of somebody's posts, old and new, regardless of content or location) then I will direct you to our friendly team of mods and administrators who I'm sure will do their very best to help figure out your concern.

Im sorry Magistra, but i must disagree.

Reputation is a tool on this forum available to all, and just like any other tool its free to be used as its wielder sees fit.

Personally? i dont rep anything up OR down regardless of how/if it affects me. I simply do not care enough to use it.

Im wrong. im usually wrong. ok rare is the day im right. about anything. EVER. but in all honesty you hold all the power.

People think rep has ANY value on this forum, and those exact people make me laugh. it doesnt. it holds as much value as you give it. Your "Enemies" hold as much power as you give them.

Rep is useless. learn this, and your life will become that much easier.

Edited by Fang Archbane

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1346798685' post='121444']
If you believe somebody is being subjected to extreme prejudice (ie. somebody going and giving reputation to every one of somebody's posts, old and new, regardless of content or location) then I will direct you to our friendly team of mods and administrators who I'm sure will do their very best to help figure out your concern.
[/quote]

Why must someone neg rep all posts old and new for it to be abuse? Systematic neg repping can affect someone even if it is only done on new posts as they appear. I know this is hard to police, but we can still often tell when a player is being treated unfairly. It is not uncommon for someone to gain a number of negative votes for doing nothing more than they are asked to. Simple replies that do not contain controversial opinions are often in seen in the red.

It is my opinion that even controversial opinions should not be downvoted on a general basis. I myself reserve downvotes for cursing, spoilers, inaccuracies or falsehoods, illegibility, and/or nastiness. If others were to follow these criteria, they'd still have a lot they could vote down. But I don't think it's constructive to express general disdain through anonymous down voting. It just hurts feelings and puts people on the defensive.

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1346801323' post='121445']
Rep is useless. learn this, and your life will become that much easier.
[/quote]

If reputation is useless, why do we have it?

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1346798685' post='121444']

[/quote]

Just admins. We are indeed a friendly bunch of guys, but anonymous means anonymous, so Chewett restricted the abilities concerning reputation to admins only.

i have a question

would it be possible to add vote counter under rep thingy that would show how many people actually vote on that post in addition to final rep value

for example post can have rep value of -1/0/1 or similar, but still like 20 people could have casted vote, i would like to know how many people actually voted