item expiration / candy degradation

No one

[quote]
[color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 2380 - [2012-08-24 22:24:19 - Stage 11][/color]
All this candy rattling around in your pockets will now again expire into a new resource type after it has been left a while.
[color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 2379 - [2012-08-24 00:00:18 - Stage 11][/color]
[b]Feature: Expiration of Items[/b]
Items now will possibly change if they are not used within a certain date. The first item to have this implemented is a piece of Rainbow Candy. If it is not eaten within 2 weeks of being created it will turn into a different piece of candy.
These changes will be incrementally done, don't expect all "changed" items to have uses immediately and don't assume because an item has changed its useless. All items that are given an expiration date will have their date set to expire as if the item was new when the feature is implemented. Meaning that all candy currently in the game now has an expiration time of 2 weeks at which point it will change.
More announcements will follow with various other items that will expire.
[/quote]

It's been a while since we've been notified about this change. We've been expecting it and ... we noticed it.

For the moment, as I've seen, the candy's life cycle is like this:
- "Rainbow candy" turned to colored candy (Blue Candy, Green Candy, Orange Candy, Red Candy ...) still usable items
- colored candy turned to "Sticky Goop" that is unusable (for the moment)

Also, i've noticed that the "Tea" went cold (Cup of Cold Tea) that is also unusable.

Now, can someone please explain the full extent of changes and when it will all stop ?
Also, can someone explain the purpose and target for all these changes ?

As for the scope of this change, I do not understand it.

Is it because the candies were sabotaged by the a few players ? (yes, I was one of them)

As I remember, sabotaging was allowed :
[quote][color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 2091 - [2011-11-16 05:27:36 - Stage 11][/color]
The number of Candies that can exist at the same time in the realm is limited. Limit increased from 200 to 800. To be able to generate more candies you need to consume the existing once first. If the the cap is reached and nobody consumes them, then the candy boxes become useless till the number lowers.[/quote]

[quote]
[color=#CCCCCC]Ann. 1604 - [2010-08-18 13:38:28 - Stage 10][/color]
Sabotage: items that spawn other usable items can be sabotaged by controlling the entire number of items they could spawn. I am announceing that here so I wont get complains about it later. It is supposed to be possible it is not a bug. If for example the rainbow candy box can create 20 candies at a time at most, if there are 20 unconsumed candies in the realm at that time the box won't be able to give any more candies until at least one candy is consumed. That will make the item temporarily unusable. I don't know why someone would want to do that, but it can be done.
[/quote]

[quote][color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 1923 - [2011-07-12 23:29:56 - Stage 10][/color]
[b]Resource regeneration delay when depleted[/b]
Resources will have a regeneration period if they drop to zero. During this period they will grow by fractions and you won't be able to gather them till they reach at least one full resource point. This means that whenever a location gets completely deplete of a resource, it will take about 3 days for that resource to start increasing again. Remember, the bigger the source is the faster it will grow. why? "greed control, sabotaje opportunities, efficiency planning".[/quote]

• Root Admin

sabotaging is still possible no? It just requires a continual effort to keep it, rather than just holding lots of candy.

It "might" be impossible depending on the candy spawn rates and such, but i dont have time nor am i really bothered to check this, perhaps you can do the maths no one.

Hi Chewett,

I don't remember exactly the number of items with which the candy can be collected. But considering a limit of 800 candies with 6 boxes every 133.5 minutes cool down, that would mean about 12.3 days ;) that is hardly possible to achieve without scripts.

But the point is not if it can be done or not but why were the changes implemented ?
What is the reason, that perfect reason (except the "Mur said so" or "I/ Simon said it so") ?

And please don't tell me that this topic[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11184-candy-hording/page__view__findpost__p__98172__hl__%2Bcandy+%2Bsabotage"] Candy Hording[/url] is the reason as I don't believe you. It is just a big b.s. .

Regards,
No one

PS:
Just if someone asks: I might have some changes to ask that might require some "perfect" reason.

Edited by No one

Hi Chewett,

Please don't take it personally, but I need another answer.

Thank you

Out of topic:
The reason for the candy hording was very simple : Elu. It was said that an unhappy Elu will migrate to one who has more candy then it's owner. Those that had candies, expected that creature to come to game that would have allowed the candies to get consumed as designed. Instead the candies were redesigned to give VE and the Elu's were retired.

So, to come back to the topic:
[quote]... can someone please explain the full extent of changes and when it will all stop ?
Also, can someone explain the purpose and target for all these changes ?[/quote]

What you did was allowed and still is, but conditions have changed. Adapt your methods rather than hoping that they'll change their minds, it's a better use of your energy. As for Elus, I doubt something that changes inventory of its own will would be implemented unless it couldn't be traded normally, therefore stopping unsuspecting people from buying them and losing them the next day.

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1347889323' post='121948']
As for Elus, I doubt something that changes inventory of its own will would be implemented unless it couldn't be traded normally, therefore stopping unsuspecting people from buying them and losing them the next day.
[/quote]

Actually...that is the purpose of Elu...It is implemented but it's not active.