Discussion about HC and BHC

MRAlyon

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1350516366' post='124198']
close HC, make new changes, start HC as temporary one off events to test stuff, repeat
[/quote]
that makes perfect sense.

on a side note I am very aware of what the history dictates for HC & BHC. Way back when a lowly MP3 could join. seeing as there was a very interesting outcome where the MP3's were targeted greatly and thus savagely beaten for there HC it became a sport where several MP3's would "gang up" on a MP5 for the head and then the MP3's would fight among themselves for the heads but it was all for fun and i remember it being a time of terror for if your butt wasn't in a safe haven then watch out cause you might be attacked... it was pure chaos (written with a smile on my face from ear to ear) and i remember afterwards everone laughing and joking around....it relieved tention and created friendships something that i have noticed missing from this game. but thats getting off topic.

start the HC & BHC, but for EVERYONE not just MP4,5's or 6's its not fair that a minority of us only get to see the fun happening. for If your a MP3 this game gets boring. keep the leaderboard- its more fun trying to find someone who you want to fight because of the Heads the lad is big enough for everyone and you could easily hide in plain site and not be found. the Viscosity should be in place and the lands should be closed. but that makes it more fun because if your found in one of the lands and you have a alot of heads then you have to leave because you will get attacked.... but now you have to go thru MP3 land.....(Marind Bell, No mans land, MDAL)to either get to GG or Necro or to tribrunial.

The rule about hiding doesn't work either not for long anyway. you can hide but only for 12 hours. for every hour over 12 you start loosing 10% of your heads and that includes logging on and then logging on to reset the timer... but the timer is set to the coordinates of the screen. so you have to move......that way there is always a shift of people and then it takes more skill for you to keep what you have.....

Remove Stage 1... it's what people dislike the most :

hours and hours of hiding ---> no action ---> boredom ---> no interest

Stage 2 directly at the start of HC :

Immediate action ---> more fun ---> more competition ---> more interest

...and more interaction, encouraging teamwork. Also gives people a chance to [b]not[/b] participate in HC by not going to the "predefined location/s" where points can be scored. In fact, there can also be a change that spells can't be cast on people in these locations cause they participate. There have been complaints of not allowing spells to be used in HC. They should only be allowed to people not participating, hence, only to those who are not in the "predefined location/s"...

And keep the duration short... the last thing we want is people getting bored furthermore just due to repetition every day. (max 7 days)

This way, HC can also be a test of strength, leaving the winners with "bragging rights" till the next HC (again, more competition + encourages people to improve and hence increasing their overall activity and view of HC)

Edited by DARK DEMON

In your way, it's reduced to a game of strength. It's a pity that the tactic part died out when the active, smart players were done getting their medals, but removing the first stage makes HC even more pointless. You complain that it's just sitting out, then do something against it. Nobody manages to run forever.

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1350585394' post='124253']
In your way, it's reduced to a game of strength. It's a pity that the tactic part died out when the active, smart players were done getting their medals, but removing the first stage makes HC even more pointless. You complain that it's just sitting out, then do something against it. Nobody manages to run forever.
[/quote]

Because of the first stage of HC. I find that it is literaly impossible for me to ever particpate in the HC. Do you know why? I don't have internet at home. I don't have a secure internet connection and am only able to get online during the weekends aside from the very few times I'm lucky enough to be able to get internet from someone else at home. I think the first stage is the biggest problem. You may feel differently but you are someone that has internet. You're capable of being online 24/7 to participate in stage 1.

I feel that if we the players are wanting more fighting competition and spirit within magicduel. Then I think we need to completely do away with all of the heads stuff and focus on tournaments instead. Draw up a bracket that has players that wish to participate. Depending on the amount of players wishing to join in we can set up the tournament brackets accordingly so that there will always be an even number of players and no bye's within the bracket. Filling up any empty spots in the bracket with some kind of random NPC set ritual. Within these tournaments there should be round specifications of what is allowed/not allowed in rituals. That way every round your using a new more creative ritual and stops people frm abusing one powerful ritual. Examples:

Loreroot creatures only, starting creatures only, archers only, drainers only, colored creatures only, no tokened creatures, etc.

Each round would take place for 1 week allowing all players the time needed to participate. If its easier then the tournament organizer could talk to players and their days/times they are able to be on and set up matches for those players at a set date and time. This way if matches are able to be finished sooner then the next rounds could start up faster.

I personaly have always enjoyed a good fighting tournament. I'm a little dissapointed that nothing like this has been brought in thus far.

Edited by VertuHonagan

• Root Admin

[quote name='VertuHonagan' timestamp='1350597684' post='124261']
I personaly have always enjoyed a good fighting tournament. I'm a little dissapointed that nothing like this has been brought in thus far.
[/quote]

There has been a lot of tournaments, burns/shadowseeker used to run them.

Also HC is about playing lots, while not having internet at home is bad for you, HC is meant to be like it...

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1350598022' post='124262']
There has been a lot of tournaments, burns/shadowseeker used to run them.

Also HC is about playing lots, while not having internet at home is bad for you, HC is meant to be like it...
[/quote]

So because one is not capable of being online 24/7 they should not be allowed to participate in MD events that take place within the game? This is one reason why HC should be changed. I get wanting to encouraging players to be more active and online more, but that should be done creatively by the comunity by simply having more events/games/quests/challenges.

Also completely dismissing an idea because some players use to do them is not very helpful either. If you actually want to help us then please post ideas rather than just dropping them all instantly.

• Root Admin

[quote name='VertuHonagan' timestamp='1350600054' post='124263']
So because one is not capable of being online 24/7 they should not be allowed to participate in MD events that take place within the game? This is one reason why HC should be changed. I get wanting to encouraging players to be more active and online more, but that should be done creatively by the comunity by simply having more events/games/quests/challenges.
[/quote]
I have not stated you are not allowed to participate have i? I stated that playing as much as you can during the HC is the whole point of the HC. See the more recent changes Muratus made to make it harder to win without idling/being online all the time. He specifically penalized you for logging out as you lose score and heads.

[quote name='VertuHonagan' timestamp='1350600054' post='124263']
Also completely dismissing an idea because some players use to do them is not very helpful either. If you actually want to help us then please post ideas rather than just dropping them all instantly.
[/quote]
Im not dismissing the idea, what you stated was plain wrong, you were complaining that the kind of events you talk about had not been done before when either you are too new to have seen them or cant remember them. Either way stating that something like this hasnt been done before is a tad disrespectful to those who organised these challanges.

Iv stated my viewpoint, i think it should be stopped for now and tested at various times, running lots of different types of HC to see what people like.

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1350585394' post='124253']
[/quote]

Something is better than nothing :P

And the current situation is NOTHING...

Perhaps my version can just temporary then?

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='Fire Starter' timestamp='1350659677' post='124317']
I don't have any creative ideas, but I find it disturbing that I can't use the spells I have until this is over. How are we supposed to find less active people when I can't even use the Locate spell...
[/quote]

Hence, my above post ^^^ :D

[b]About some previous ideas i dislike:[/b]
[indent=1][b]1. Progression/Multiple participations[/b][/indent]
[indent=2]I don't think it's a good idea the Silver then Gold system or any other system that allows those that don't get 1st place to play again.
This in the long term will just lead us again to the current state of HC: a Stall.
I explain, worst case scenario ofc, in long term this scheme allow that all players without even do a single fight can become gold heads! This system simply eliminates the "loss" from the contest.. i will be just a matter of patience and gold heads will come.[/indent]
[indent=1]
[b] 2. HC in single lands[/b][/indent]
[indent=2]There would be no point of phase one if HC would take place in one single land.[/indent]
[indent=1]
[b]3. The leaderboard removed[/b][/indent]
[indent=2]All those that played HC know that leaderboard is essencial to the Chase!![/indent]

[b]About some previous ideas i like:[/b]

[indent=1]1. The restrictions on spell usage/target for those that are not eligle to HC could be removed.
2. Viscosity removed for contesters, although this will force the contestants to sign up for the HC[/indent]

[b]My simple idea:[/b]
[indent=1]For now, instead of changing the system completely i would just..[/indent]
[indent=1]
[b] 1. Force the HC phase 1 to be over by day 8 of the month[/b][/indent]
[indent=2]Contest is simple over and with no winners for any MP group that does reach the needed score until day 8.[/indent]
[indent=1]
[b] 2. Force the HC phase 2 to be competive[/b][/indent]
[indent=2]This could be done by cutting the heads to every contestant that did not attack or get attacked (by other contestant) in the last contest interval.[/indent]
[indent=1]
[b] 3. Force the HC phase 2 to have a heads[/b][/indent]
[indent=2]If during phase 2 all players get below 500 (for example) head score the contest is terminated immediatly with no winners[/indent]

I've seen many ideias posted here that in my point of view are just trying to make the HC more easy.. BUT please realize that if HC is easy it loses it's meaning and the medal have no value at all! Was not that that lead us to this point?

darkraptor

i think that certain crits should be used for HC... which is what someone else said... becuase when i was MP3 i remember some people having angiens and other powerful crits that are hard to get... ok it is a bit easy-er to get angiens and stuff at MP4 but thats not my point... i mean that a selected group of crits should be used in HC so it isn't just "oh... i have an angien... i am just going to kick your... Knator's (?) butt!!!" i think that heads contest should be about tactics AS well as strenth.

[quote name='Vicious' timestamp='1350723212' post='124344']
i think that certain crits should be used for HC... which is what someone else said... becuase when i was MP3 i remember some people having angiens and other powerful crits that are hard to get... ok it is a bit easy-er to get angiens and stuff at MP4 but thats not my point... i mean that a selected group of crits should be used in HC so it isn't just "oh... i have an angien... i am just going to kick your... Knator's (?) butt!!!" i think that heads contest should be about tactics AS well as strenth.
[/quote]

angiens can be easily beatable with simple crits, and you DO need tactics to find out

if you don't know how, then don't complain

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1350723692' post='124345']
angiens can be easily beatable with simple crits, and you DO need tactics to find out

if you don't know how, then don't complain
[/quote]

Rather than being a jerk. You could help advice the player you know. Just being a complete arse isn't going to help anything. I can completely unerstand how that player feels as well. Being someone that doesn't own drachs, soulweavers, nutrackers, snowmen, etc that are extremely overpowered compared to most normal creatures and unbeatable for those of us with extremely low stats.

[quote name='VertuHonagan' timestamp='1350731776' post='124350']
Rather than being a jerk. You could help advice the player you know. Just being a complete arse isn't going to help anything. I can completely unerstand how that player feels as well. Being someone that doesn't own drachs, soulweavers, nutrackers, snowmen, etc that are extremely overpowered compared to most normal creatures and unbeatable for those of us with extremely low stats.
[/quote]

I am one of those people with low stats, and I don't have a single crit out of the list you mentioned. All I have is 2 freaking angiens, and I'm sure Vicious can afford to buy them! The rest are completely normal and all my crits are tokenless!

Do i complain? NO!

For your information, I've worked terribly hard to become as strong as I am! Hours and hours of training! Had Vicious asked me, I would have given her advice. But she has been very rude to me in-game, which is why I'll not. And anyways, if she wants to become as strong, she'll have to work hard too, ya know!

I am offended by your statement, and I completely deny it.

Plus, you think I'd really give away how to beat an angien? There's something called a "spoiler", if you don't know...

She has to find out herself, just like i did. And I'll say this much: They are very easy to beat once you know how. And I know that Vicious actually has the required crits to do so.

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1350732701' post='124352']
I am one of those people with low stats, and I don't have a single crit out of the list you mentioned. All I have is 2 freaking angiens, and I'm sure Vicious can afford to buy them! The rest are completely normal and all my crits are tokenless!

Do i complain? NO!

For your information, I've worked terribly hard to become as strong as I am! Hours and hours of training! Had Vicious asked me, I would have given her advice. But she has been very rude to me in-game, which is why I'll not. And anyways, if she wants to become as strong, she'll have to work hard too, ya know!

I am offended by your statement, and I completely deny it.

Plus, you think I'd really give away how to beat an angien? There's something called a "spoiler", if you don't know...

She has to find out herself, just like i did. And I'll say this much: They are very easy to beat once you know how. And I know that Vicious actually has the required crits to do so.
[/quote]

Then I would suggest taking it to private messages, rather than displaying your dissatisfaction for someone pubicly. Also you shouldn't judge someone on forums by the way their character is. You must also realize that it is just a game. People create their characters to be a certain personality, and to play a certain role within the realm. Its alright to hate their character, but please try to be conciderate to said player in public forums. They may actually surprise you with how different they can be from their game character.

[quote name='VertuHonagan' timestamp='1350748758' post='124377']
Then I would suggest taking it to private messages, rather than displaying your dissatisfaction for someone pubicly. Also you shouldn't judge someone on forums by the way their character is. You must also realize that it is just a game. People create their characters to be a certain personality, and to play a certain role within the realm. Its alright to hate their character, but please try to be conciderate to said player in public forums. They may actually surprise you with how different they can be from their game character.
[/quote]

Oh believe me, I know how different Vicious is in her character and IRL.

And I was about to post that earlier as well, that these posts are irrelevant completely to the HC topic and may be removed.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Don't go off-topic please.

[quote]
[/quote]

When I participated on HC i was very weak, against creatures way more overpowered than those available to mp3/4 nowadays. I used strategy againsts others and got second place, which means that there's always opportunity if the correct strategy is used.

Edited by BFH

Excuse my continuing ignorance, but I don't have the time to actively involve me and my Cloud with HC.

However, I had a little time yesterday and going through the rules something I have read long ago and forgot about, took my attention, then I got some heads and went inside Wind's Sanctuary, where I tried to attack a Heads holder. Well, I was a little surprised, that I can't, since the rules say I should be able to do so. Then I shared this at GoE, where Crash Test Dummy was accidently residing. Then CTD said that the person I was aiming at, should have 7+ heads in order to be available for an attack in such areas as sanctuaries.

So I thought it's good to bring some attention at this.

Edited by Fire Starter

if you want the hc to proceed more quickly prevent people from logging of with head balls.
as it is now, there is no fun at all to even try to collect them. when someones alts just comes on to take the heads and log of with them.
while there are only a few heads in play for most of the times to collect.

[quote name='Tal' timestamp='1350914703' post='124449']
if you want the hc to proceed more quickly prevent people from logging of with head balls.
as it is now, there is no fun at all to even try to collect them. when someones alts just comes on to take the heads and log of with them.
[/quote]

agreed (a big problem at MP4)

[quote name='Tal' timestamp='1350914703' post='124449']
[/quote]

So if the problem is people logging off with the head ball, what's the solution? Preventing people from logging off when they want sounds wrong in some way.

Perhaps the number of heads in the land shouldn't be allowed to change significantly. ie. When a person logs out and the # of heads that they have is equal to or greater than the number of active (or active +idle) people in the realm, the system automatically redistributes the heads held by the person logging out to those people. Logging out with heads could still be a strategy to slowing HC but I think it wouldn't be as effective a tactic as it is now.