What's a girl to do?

Phantom Orchid

• Root Admin

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1352752291' post='125461'] [font=comic sans ms,cursive]There is no way for normal player such as myself to protect dreamers' confidence and go up against someone with admin. powers who knows exactly when and exactly who just dreamed - knowing precisely when to cast earfocus spell. And no, unfortunately obfuscators don't work in this situation.[/font] [/quote]

Surely a dream is just another location so they will just break the chat, admittedly not very well no?

As long as the person doing admin business doesn't share the gathered info with other people, doesn't use it for his/her own advantages in game or any kind of abuse, I would accept the 'necessary' evil no matter the feeling of violation, even though I see the whole peeking business as entirely unnecessary. (benefit of the doubt that you aren't breaking rules should be given to you, Poe, you are after all a respected member of the community, and the potential crimes you can make in a private location aren't that big as far as I know)

Were the information gained through that peeking misused in any manner that you know of, Poe?

Other than that, I stay by my old post.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Absolutely Rhaegar. And Mur announced that my role answers and is accountable to him and council ONLY. Now, if dst as a[b] player [/b]is one of two parties and makes that clear, fine, I'll go about my merry way. Otherwise, she needs to step off.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]@Chew. That is absolutely untrue. But if you want to learn more about dreams, come find me in-game. ;)[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]@ MODS: Please close this thing already! Any other questions/concerns can be PMed to me. >< [/font]

Edited by Phantom Orchid

• Root Admin

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1352755411' post='125466'][font=comic sans ms,cursive]@Chew. That is absolutely untrue. But if you want to learn more about dreams, come find me in-game. ;)[/font] [/quote]

Since iv only ever been dreamed by Calyx when she was pissed at me for speaking against her banning dojo rule breakers i dont know anything to the contrary.

And i will announce publically that i have no inclination to be dreamt by you, and any dreams you put me in is purely for punishment purposes and i dont agree to any dreams you put me in becuase i have no clue wtf your tool can do and since you hate me you would have the perfect excuse to abuse it.

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1352755411' post='125466']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Absolutely Rhaegar. And Mur announced that my role answers and is accountable to him and council ONLY. Now, if dst as a[b] player [/b]is one of two parties and makes that clear, fine, I'll go about my merry way. Otherwise, she needs to step off.[/font]
[/quote]
You're not accountable to dst:
[quote]
[b] [i]ac·count·a·ble[/i]/əˈkountəbəl/[/b]
Adjective: [list]
[*](of a person, organization, or institution) Required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible.
[*]Explicable; understandable.
[/list]
[/quote]
If dst thinks there is a problem, I'm sure she will go through the proper channels to report it, rather than demanding explanation from you.

The funny part is that you are expecting the benefit of a doubt from dst without giving it to her in turn. Trust that she will do her stuff impartially, and maybe she will trust that you will do yours.

Well Phantom Orchid I guess you could just do the only thing open to you. Hold the dreams outside of the realm and make it part of MD except not part of MD since it is impossible for you to do it in MD without being pried on everytime you try to do your job. Since the only ones that are dissagreeing with your side of the argument are the ones that have the power to do anything about it. I think it is pretty sad that someone can't do their job they are assigned within the game without being spied on every single time they do their job. After a certain amount of time, the trial period to make sure they are doing their job properly, a person should be allowed to have their privacy when doing their job after having proved they are not abusing the system or doing something wrong. I should think the dreams should only be viewable by outsiders if they put in hard work to find out who is having the dream.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Thank you for your reply Pipstickz. I cannot in good faith trust her when she uses her admin. tools to spy and use this information to harass other players. But, I've already figured out a solution.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]So MODS, for the 3rd time please close topic.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]I'm game, but what's a girl to do? The dream world has so many wonderful experiences to be had (visions to see, secrets to be revealed, research clues, etc.), but, tell me this: h[/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive]ow would you react if someone (including dst, of all people) spied on your inner-most dreams. Every. Single. Time...? [/font] [font=comic sans ms,cursive]And there was absolutely nothing you could do about it?[/font]

Edited by Phantom Orchid

I can only speak for myself, but everytime you asked for it to be closed, i scrolled down and found another reply from you, indicating that you actually did want to keep talking about it :))

But, because three is the magic number, i'll close it this time on creator's request, and if you indeed want further replies, you know where to find a mod. If somebody else feels like talking more, make a new thread, i'll make sure to place a link in this thread if that happens, or even merge them if they fit together. We're getting away from the original topic anyway.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13201-in-game-dreams

Edited by Burns