What's everyone's favourite letter?

Change

Especially for a first name. Mine is A, namely because A is considered to be best in a lot of ranking systems. It's also first in the English alphabet. Alphabet starts with A.

Being Change, I'm hoping to change my favourite letter. ;)

Also, it'd be nice if you gave your reasons for it.

Edited by Change

ל ,מ/ם ,י ,א

This is a very difficult question.

One of the above...

Yeah, I'm going with mem, that's this one:

[size=6]מ/ם[/size]

On account of its squarish nature WHEN AND ONLY WHEN IT COMPLETES A WORD, it being the central letter, both in the alephbet and in the word for truth, it making the nice hummy "mmm" sound, it being the first sound in מי which means "who" but is pronounced "me" (think about that for a minute) and its predominance in "mommy" (pronounced with a stop between the 'm''s) whom (mmm) I love very much.

Edited by Ackshan Bemunah

T cause its in my name: Trent. And maybe the norse version of o, ø cause it looks cool and also would be what my last name would start with if it didnt get changed all english like however many generations ago.

Hmm.. my middle name starts with k but I dont like k.

Ж is probably my favourite letter. I'm not Russian and I don't speak Russian (and I also don't know about other languages it's used in), but wikipedia told me that in Russian, Ж is a zh sound, like the s in pleasure, and that's a really fun sound, plus the symbol is all symmetric and cool.

Strictly English letters, though, I think A because again, it's symmetrical, plus it has some cool angles and even an isosceles triangle, plus it's the third most frequently used letter, again according to wikipedia. It's pretty cool.

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1357109135' post='129475']
Ж is probably my favourite letter. I'm not Russian and I don't speak Russian (and I also don't know about other languages it's used in), but wikipedia told me that in Russian, Ж is a zh sound, like the s in pleasure, and that's a really fun sound, plus the symbol is all symmetric and cool.

Strictly English letters, though, I think A because again, it's symmetrical, plus it has some cool angles and even an isosceles triangle, plus it's the third most frequently used letter, again according to wikipedia. It's pretty cool.
[/quote]

Hehe, didn't expect to see this :)
It is indeed a "sh" sound in "pleasure". Where did you come across it?

Anyway, my favourite would be either J or R, but I fancy few more as well :) I'll make it an R

I am somewhat partial to Delta if we are using "any letter", because of it's triangle-ness, and it's meaning in most common Physics, but if limited to the usual English alphabet, then W. I don't know why, but I always liked writing it as just a wibbly scribble, and the wwwwwwh sound when it's said.

I must admit, I am partial to the letter X.

When I need a name full of mystery, yet answers, I use X.

When I need a simple or quick name to do the job where no other name can, I use X.

I find X to be the answer to most if not all problems.

And therefore, it's my favorite.

Edited by Fang Archbane

• 3 weeks later...