I think gold coins are undervalued

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I know this is the usual rate, but way too undervalued.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I also know that I shouldn't say this cause someone will pop up and say, "Sell for the price offered, or shut it." Yet, I feel this should be pointed out again.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Edit: No, this is not a personal comment against Shem, you people... :angry:[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] [/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1361647016' post='133114']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Who opened this topic...? *sighs*[/color][/font]
[/quote]

As i informed you in chat, the thread was split from the personal comment you made on the thread to this one.

Comments on trades should be sent via PM to people or be made on another topic.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This topic is still here, so...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]A gold = 15 silver, as I'm sure you all know. Which means that you need to spend 15 credits to get 15 silver, and that would be the price equal to a gold coin.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]5 credits per one gold means 3 silver per credit, which is ~ridiculous~ as a "usual rate". Firstly, you spend 1 credit to get 1 silver, you don't get 3 silvers automatically from spending one credit. Secondly, it's not like the silvers are right on the front of the shop-sections so that they're easily reachable.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Take another example of a Rusty, which is worth 51 credits, yet 4-5 gold? That makes it 10 credits per gold there and then.[/color][/font]

Everything in the shop is one credit. Also, getting gold is not the same as getting silver, at all. In this case, someone might value 5 credits more than one gold. With five credits, a person can buy five different things in the shop. That might be worth one gold to them.

[quote name='Change' timestamp='1361688089' post='133125']
Everything in the shop is one credit. Also, getting gold is not the same as getting silver, at all. In this case, someone might value 5 credits more than one gold. With five credits, a person can buy five different things in the shop. That might be worth one gold to them.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]What about the credits used to reach those five things? Just like the credits used to reach the gold coin.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]There are things in the shop worth more than 1 gold which can be purchased with 1 credit too, eg: Rusty. Nothing can be taken into account without looking at the amount of credits it takes to reach them.[/color][/font]

Id have to say that this is too situational, and that the value its at right now, the Gold to Silver ratio that is, is a good middle ground.

I dont know, i might be wrong, but i think its fine the way it is.

Someone (or multiple someones) had to set the conversion rate at that 1/15 ratio, and i have trust in whomever(s) that(ose) were, that they had good reason for it.

Maybe the reasons are outdated, maybe theyre forgotten, but they are still there o.o

Credits are free. I suggest you re-evaluate your position if the only reason you have for this argument is "to make a point". The choice of 15 silver=1 gold was arbitrary, but the choice of 5 credits=1 gold was determined by the market. If nobody wanted it, nobody would pay for it and the values would change, but as it is apparently the people who go for such transactions are content with it, and so they pay.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1361696697' post='133132']
Credits are free. I suggest you re-evaluate your position if the only reason you have for this argument is "to make a point". The choice of 15 silver=1 gold was arbitrary, but the choice of 5 credits=1 gold was determined by the market. If nobody wanted it, nobody would pay for it and the values would change, but as it is apparently the people who go for such transactions are content with it, and so they pay.
[/quote]

And this is supply and demand.

DD if you want to make the price 15 credits to one gold, start trading that. But if you are not one of the people who buy or sell them, then you really have little input on the market value other than your own personal opinion.

In many sections, to get to the gold coin there is a lot of items that are very useful and worth at least a credit. Which means by the time you get to the gold coin its still only really worth a credit. The additional "cost" of it reflects that you need to spend time going through the shop.

Not to mention, people used to go all the way to rusties just expecting.. rusties. Then Mur threw an extra gold coin for just 1 credit at the end of each shop. If you look at it that way, gold coins should only cost 1 credit.
In the end, it's the market that is determining the value, really.

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1361681308' post='133123']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Take another example of a Rusty, which is worth 51 credits, yet 4-5 gold? That makes it 10 credits per gold there and then.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]Life's not that simple. Sometimes thins from one source (or in one currency) are worth different than from the other.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]You say Rusty's worth 51 creds. Try selling one on the open market for 50 creds. After all it's cheaper and it'd be aged one.[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]Also, weren't you the one that talked about demand creating proces while trying to sell overpriced GG drach?[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]I'm not forcing you nor anyone to make the deal. I'm putting up an open offer. [/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]one more thing I wanted to add.[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]You can earn both creds and coins in MD.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]Free voting for creds on one side[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]and on the other: contests, aging/heating up crits, obtaining/creating and selling resources/spellstones/products (like tea) are just some possibilities.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]My offer is for those, who gain coins easier than creds and therefore value creds more.[/i][/color]

[size=2][color=#A9A9A9]edited for clarity[/color][/size]

Edited by Shemhazaj