Beat the LR guards at MP3

Chewett

• Root Admin

I have a quest for all mindpowers, It is to beat the LR guards (both of them) at MP3.

If you are not MP3 you should create a secondary account to do this and participate in the quest.

Some methods to beat the guards are not permitted to win the quest. I shall not detail them due to the fact this would be a spoiler but you can contact me to ask if something is or isnt permitted.

A winner will send me full logs and a description of how they beat them. Including important details like creatures, anything used, and stats.

There will be rewards for anyone that can beat both, also rewards for peolpe that can beat one.

Any guenuinely new MP3 that can beat them will also eligible for a prize no matter if the initial prize is claimed.

I am still in discussions with the council, but i believe at the moment since this quest is a theory one and not possible at other mindpowers, i will reward any of the winners accounts the reward. This is however open to discussion from the council but i do not see any issue with this.

The reward is likely to be either a WP, or something that the user wants, i have a 6th anni aramor that possibly could go to a better home, along with a variety of creatures and spells. Essentially the winner can ask for something and we can discuss it.

This quest is to see if any of the smart MD players can beat them, so that we can work out how and if they need to be changed, due to changes in how some of the creatures in the LR guards army works.

Good luck to all :)

====

UPDATE:

Ann. 2894 - [2014-01-11 20:42:50 - Stage 12] Posted By Chewett
Ary Endleg was the first to present a strategy and win against the LR guards at MP3. For this effort he has been rewarded a wishpoint. The contest to win against the guards at MP3 will remain open but further wins may not necessarily give a reward.

Edited by Chewett

Can you detail a bit on "what is the purpose of this quest ?"

There are 2 categories of players: old MP3s and new MP3.
If you want to know if they can be beatable .. then the old MP3s will say that it works.
If you want to say that they are too strong ... new MP3 will confirm it. But the purpose is to keep them out ... for a while.

And by old MP3, i mean really really old players that managed to stay for a long time in MP3. you know the rest.

You're correct, No one, but still those old MP3s have to use new account, without the benefits they have from their main. And new ways of beating the guards, since not everything, used back in their youth, is available today :)

I will stop here, cause I don't want to risk more and break the chat again :D

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Great way to bring some fighting back to MP3! [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I see many newbies complaining about having nobody to fight with. I'm in :)[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

Basically Chewett wants us to spoil him how to easily get his mp3 alts into Loreroot. :P

Anyway, this seems like it'll be fun enough, so I'll try to get some alt out to defeat them. Is there something like a deadline, or can we take all the time we want?

• Root Admin

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1366914559' post='135286']
Basically Chewett wants us to spoil him how to easily get his mp3 alts into Loreroot. :P

Anyway, this seems like it'll be fun enough, so I'll try to get some alt out to defeat them. Is there something like a deadline, or can we take all the time we want?
[/quote]

Definately, you got me. Damn!

When someone does it, i will announce, and then wait a bit longer, depending on "how" they do it. Some ways will be nicer than others. The more effort needed that a newer player wouldnt necessarily be able to do, will affect the reward.

I'm giving it a shot.

EDIT: Bleh, my one remaining MP3 who hadn't already beaten the guards turns out to only have critters too highly upgraded for MP3 combat. With the hassle Viscosity gave me on that one alone, I don't think I will have the time to test it.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

• Root Admin

[quote name='Koshu Farsight' timestamp='1367574051' post='135619']
Is there a time limit? Because I think I will take a long while.
[/quote]

There may be a time limit, if the quest goes on for a long period of time or major change occurs. If major change occurs in that it will be relatively easy again to defeat them then the quest will be announced as ending soon, but that it will only permit winning methods from before the changes where it becomes easy to beat them.

My question is rellevant or not... or maybe the answer is here and i didnt see it... If i made an alt just to see if i can beat the guards... and i beat them... the reward i will get on my main account or on the alt account? Hope it is not a ridiculous question...

• Root Admin

[quote name='VorniC' timestamp='1367589713' post='135639']
My question is rellevant or not... or maybe the answer is here and i didnt see it... If i made an alt just to see if i can beat the guards... and i beat them... the reward i will get on my main account or on the alt account? Hope it is not a ridiculous question...
[/quote]

Please read the above post, specifically:

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1366847301' post='135251']
I am still in discussions with the council, but i believe at the moment since this quest is a theory one and not possible at other mindpowers, i will reward any of the winners accounts the reward. This is however open to discussion from the council but i do not see any issue with this.
[/quote]

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

The quest is extended.

If someone can write a nice piece, stating why the guards are not defeatable, including stats and such, that both passes my, and some combat experts judgment, the winner shall be crowned. But this piece should also be publicly criticized, so it is not to be easy.

Edited by Chewett

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Ann. 2894 - [2014-01-11 20:42:50 - Stage 12] Posted By Chewett
Ary Endleg was the first to present a strategy and win against the LR guards at MP3. For this effort he has been rewarded a wishpoint. The contest to win against the guards at MP3 will remain open but further wins may not necessarily give a reward.