When is chapter 3 coming out? General Storymode Questions

• Root Admin

Chapter 3 has been "soon" for a while, At least 5 years its been "coming in the next week" and similar. For a while its been discussed and decided that it doesnt really fit in with MD as it stands now, however council, Mur, myself and others were still looking at various option. BFH is working on attempting to get tutorial better fitting in with MD, and this is probably planned to supersede the storymode. It appears that we can announce that Storymode is now likely not to come back for the moment. Chapter 3 is, at least for now, officially on hold.

Originally stated by Mur in a discussion held last night:

[02/05/13 23:24] Muratus del Mur:storymode is 'to be forgotten' ...idk what to say about that, seriously, its not fitting in any of my current plans so i most likely see it as a side quest rather than a starting story

So yes, Its official, Chapter 3 may never come out, but its definitely on hold for now.

• Root Admin

[quote name='tankfans' timestamp='1367590209' post='135640']
How about the remaining chapter 2? Is it the same with chapter 3?
I've been stuck there for years. :(
[/quote]

The same applies to this.

• Root Admin

[quote name='rikstar' timestamp='1367595315' post='135646']
So if the story doesn't continue, will all the story related scenes be open to everybody?
[/quote]

It is undecided as to what will happen to them. Some of them may turn to harder to reach locations and those who attained the access to locations via storymode would lose the access. Its entirely open and depends on how we want to use the scenes.

E.g. MB locations in story mode may get turned just into WP access, as there is a WP in the shop. Again, this isnt planned to change soon.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1367595625' post='135647']

E.g. MB locations in story mode may get turned just into WP access, as there is a WP in the shop. Again, this isnt planned to change soon.
[/quote]

[color=#ff8c00]I am worried about the new one comes/ new player can't access MB location without here WISHPOINT.[/color]

• Root Admin

[quote name='SkyArmy' timestamp='1367665182' post='135686']
[color=#ff8c00]I am worried about the new one comes/ new player can't access MB location without here WISHPOINT.[/color]
[/quote]

Why? MB locations do not hold many important items. These only include champions challange and the press.

MB will still be freely accessible.

This was resolved ingame.

All the points are just saying it will be hard to access, in this specific example, MB locations. And no one as yet has produced reasons as to why new players need to access these locations. So Eagle Eye is content with my reasoning.

If you mean the fenths weilder then there are certain combinations of principles that are given at different altars... this would be taking out the option of a new player getting those certain principles when sacrificing creatures. That could make tokens less effective in general.

• Root Admin

If you mean the fenths weilder then there are certain combinations of principles that are given at different altars... this would be taking out the option of a new player getting those certain principles when sacrificing creatures. That could make tokens less effective in general.

This was the only concern i could think of when i was discussing it. But what about necrovion and GG alters? they are hard to get to? it wouldnt make it any less harder to reach without friends and a summon, Espically now protectors have summon.

I dont see any problems here that are not already present in the game, see necro/gg alters, and that cannot be resolved :)

For a lack of a better way to say it, I'll just go out and say it.

I worked hard in the storyline, followed my own personal beleifs, and earned the right to go to the Champions Challenge, Champions Dome, and Feths Wielder.

I do not want to have to spend a WP to keep traveling to places I can already freely go.

This is not like the bypass people were using to go anywhere anytime, I earned this the good old fashioned way.

I say don't change it at all. I like my end, I walked my road. Others might want otherwise, but personally, I am happy with the way things are.

Edited by Fang Archbane

• Root Admin

I do not want to have to spend a WP to keep traveling to places I can already freely go.

This is not like the bypass people were using to go anywhere anytime, I earned this the good old fashioned way.

I say don't change it at all. I like my end, I walked my road. Others might want otherwise, but personally, I am happy with the way things are.

I walked my path to Necrovion, I earned my way into it the good old fashioned way. But then they put this AP up and i cannot enter it. <continue to copy fang>