Creature Tabular View

Chewett

Also, how about this:

f4mnua.png

I am talking about UPGRAD, Maxed and "...". That's also where the link for the crit page is.

LE: Credit goes to No one who made my life easier and my browser not crashing.

Edited by dst

To complete the post from dst, it should also have 2 more features:

- "need ap" - means that the creature "is ready" for upgrade but needs something like AP or Mind Power level

- while hovering over the "..." to show what is needed for next upgrade (how many wins / age / exp)

nbpycl.png

Some more warnings like :

besry1.png

Then, in order to complete the feature, you'd need something more on the creature page like :

33ykv9g.png

On top of all that there would be needed :

1. allow configuration for on/off of this feature (as it should be for any feature) at any time from creature page & option page

2. a checkbox for "hiding" creature from "create ritual" & "sacrifice creature" lists.

Warning: With this list activated you would not be able to heal creatures. "Creature healing" and "Heal all creatures" require the flash version of the list.

Let me know if you want some hints on the "trigger box" also.

Edited by No one

2. a checkbox for "hiding" creature from "create ritual" & "sacrifice creature" lists.

The idea is good :)

If there will be a checkbox, make it 2... one for hiding from create ritual and the other to hide from sacrifice creature lists. It makes more sense that way.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Age would be pointless in a list like that as it is not something that you need except when saccing creatures but even for that you'll need to know the level of creature.

As for more artworks in this list ... is pointless as the reason for the list is to be clear of anything that could make the page heavier.

@DD: having too many marks for a creature ... why not, but in the end you'll only use 15-30 creatures at max per week (except random defense).

Do I do anything for MD again ? Grr. I hate myself doing it.

Age would be pointless in a list like that as it is not something that you need except when saccing creatures but even for that you'll need to know the level of creature.

It's an option. 

The more creative and merges all the feature will be beautiful

The more creative and merges all the feature will be beautiful

From my experience the more complex a thing is the better the chances of it breaking. Or not all features to work as expected (if they work at all). Also high customization is desired from the point of view of the player but it's a nightmare to debug in case something doesn't work.

So I say: keep it simple (in terms of features not on terms of info) and working.

Edited by dst

I hope I am still on the topic, bringing it out while working on the crits pages functionalities:

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/12395-battle-icon-activeinactive/

...and... this one:

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11282-new-functionality-in-the-ritual-creating-interface/

If this falls enough into off-topic, then this post can be removed.

I don't know if I can express my opinion due to my short "probation" in MD, but I don't like this idea. I think grouping creatures in tables and selecting them by drop-down menu it's... so frequently encounter in games and programms that it in some case loses MagicDuel interface character. I think better way is to group creatures in ... I don't know ... maybe a book with pages which can be turn over (animation) or sorting cloud like in this MDShop feature to managing messages.

I agree with John on this one, despite the often-torturous load-time for creatures--this makes creatures feel more like factory-farmed minions and less like extensions of our own minds.

Constructively,

Why not just have an option for creatures to display as static images rather than flash objects? It seems that the delays come from Flash, which is used to process how faded each creature should appear based on its health, so using static images (maybe 3 images for each creature level--1 for full vitality, 1 for approximately half vit, and 1 for almost dead/dead) could convey almost the same information faster than the 'normal' view.

Maybe it's presumptuous of me to dictate the light in which others should view their creatures, but the above seems to me like a fairer compromise between efficiency and mood than the technically expedient but (in my view) soulless method devised here.

• Root Admin

Guessing clicking on the ID produces the normal crit page?

Add crit type/id? In case they've been renamed, so we know what they are

Clicking the ID will bring up the creature page

Also, how about this:

f4mnua.png

I am talking about UPGRAD, Maxed and "...". That's also where the link for the crit page is.

LE: Credit goes to No one who made my life easier and my browser not crashing.

Similar has been implemented

To complete the post from dst, it should also have 2 more features:
 - "need ap" - means that the creature "is ready" for upgrade but needs something like AP or Mind Power level
 - while hovering over the "..." to show what is needed for next upgrade (how many wins / age / exp)

Some more warnings like :

Then, in order to complete the feature, you'd need something more on the creature page like :

On top of all that there would be needed :
1. allow configuration for on/off of this feature (as it should be for any feature) at any time from creature page & option page

Warning: With this list activated you would not be able to heal creatures. "Creature healing" and "Heal all creatures" require the flash version of the list.

As i said, creature healing is going to be added, you dont need the flash to heal creatures, Some of these features have been added.

The idea is good :)

If there will be a checkbox, make it 2... one for hiding from create ritual and the other to hide from sacrifice creature lists. It makes more sense that way.

Not at the moment, That may be a later feature

I hope I am still on the topic, bringing it out while working on the crits pages functionalities:

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/12395-battle-icon-activeinactive/

...and... this one:

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11282-new-functionality-in-the-ritual-creating-interface/

If this falls enough into off-topic, then this post can be removed.

Indeed offtopic, Also the top one falls into "changing flash" which is a nightmare in itself.

I don't know if I can express my opinion due to my short "probation" in MD, but I don't like this idea. I think grouping creatures in tables and selecting them by drop-down menu it's... so frequently encounter in games and programms that it in some case loses MagicDuel interface character. I think better way is to group creatures in ... I don't know ... maybe a book with pages which can be turn over (animation) or sorting cloud like in this MDShop feature to managing messages.

Everyone can have an opinion, As FS posts after you, its only an option, some will prefere the shiny flash interface and others may prefere a quicker to load, and more tabular view. You shall not be forced to use one and will always be able to switch between.

I agree with John on this one, despite the often-torturous load-time for creatures--this makes creatures feel more like factory-farmed minions and less like extensions of our own minds.

Constructively,
Why not just have an option for creatures to display as static images rather than flash objects? It seems that the delays come from Flash, which is used to process how faded each creature should appear based on its health, so using static images (maybe 3 images for each creature level--1 for full vitality, 1 for approximately half vit, and 1 for almost dead/dead) could convey almost the same information faster than the 'normal' view.

Maybe it's presumptuous of me to dictate the light in which others should view their creatures, but the above seems to me like a fairer compromise between efficiency and mood than the technically expedient but (in my view) soulless method devised here.

Removing some of the flash from the game is a topic that is being discussed.

great improvement option for MD shop  :)

i am all for non graphic high loading time management creature solutions

just plz put it somewhere an mp3 can get it in the shop

What current items are in your extra features shop Tom? And what images can you see that are currently locked? PM me.