No copy / paste chat

gonzalocsdf95

the not being able to copy from chat should be kepts that way

it is more fitting with MD as it is.

the not being able to paste well not a big issue really.

if you have to pass info PM players or make a clicky into a post board

regards the translation issue. does google allow you to plug into there translate program?

i though i heard somewhere it does so all that would be needed really is a translate button.

LOL dont work fire starter

you get an translation of the loging page instead of the page your at in game layout

and if you try to log in that translate loging page LOL

logo_sm.gif

400. That’s an error.

Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know.

MUR did an to good job LOL

Edited by Tom Pouce

regards the translation issue. does google allow you to plug into there translate program?

i though i heard somewhere it does so all that would be needed really is a translate button.

Such a module may have been how the Flasks of Liquid Language used to work. If that's so, this could probably be functional.

Imagine non-native English speaking players using an in-game item to translate for them. (Babelfish?!)

I just jumped on this after not playing for a while, so I might be off base, but what about website links? Forum posts, for example.

Forum posts, Archives links, player profiles, and Youtube videos get automatically turned into hyperlinked red [Forum Post], [Archives Link], [Jester's Profile], and [Video Link], respectively, but sites literally outside the realm would lose out here, which may not be so bad after all.

Edit: Storenow and the wikia could use this type of link; right now they don't get any special treatment.

Edited by Zyrxae

• Root Admin

not being able to copy from chat is completely wrong...

Thats a statement DD, a personal opinion. As a recommendation if you wish to put forward personal opinons help us understand them by putting the reason. Aka Why is it completely wrong?

Thats a statement DD, a personal opinion. As a recommendation if you wish to put forward personal opinons help us understand them by putting the reason. Aka Why is it completely wrong?

1) you can't copy ctc's and itc's if someone would put them, if/after pasting gets fixed :P

2) you can't copy links like storenow

3) more which I can't think of right now cause I'm sleepy

I always loved to copy important discussion and information I had, I would really miss it because I cannot remember all speeches and talks I ever had with someone. From time to time I go through my documents and find those moments and most importantly those funny and bad moments we all love so much.

Edited by Menhir

also copy-paste was quite useful when trading items without ITC.

some names are really hard to type correctly quickly...

Especially when some people play switching "l" (non-capital L) for "I" (capital i) or are using random letters with their names.

Agreed, that since we don't all have access to Acoustic REmains and such,   I have  So.  Many.   Files.  that are simple copy/paste documetns from the chatlogs, taken as we talked, so I wouldn't lose those awesome debates about esoteric topics.

(that said, I do understand if it's meant for chat to be more transient like the concept of not PM-ing people unless you are "local" to them.  Symbolically, it's a neat idea.  jsut not as "convenient", so I would understand if it's kept un-copy-able for now)

I can paste into chat by pressing control+v

I cannot press control+a to select all of what I am about to say in chat to quickly delete it with backspace, I can press control+backspace to delete words one at a time.

Can confirm, posting into chat still possible with keyboard shortcuts.

My Debugger also lets me look at things it shouldn't (default Firefox debugger, latest version), although the Profiler does not. Style editor also has a fair bit of info, although nothing I can see being used maliciously. Inspector gives me... wow, everything.

Inspector gives me just about everything I click on, all the data.

On the topic of recording chat things, you DO realise what my roles is, don't you? Chronicler? I have more Acoustic casts than I could use if I tried (although, that may now change, so I might need to petition Mur for an increases, haha)

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

The things i could mostly think that would be issues with copy being disabled from chat are : 

-translation as the most important one, personally i have the translator open all the time

-keeping copies of interesting conversations that take place in chat (out of events,for which pretty much always someone with accoustic remains will take care of the log ) since not everyone has accoustic/or not always someone is willing to use it there.

-players names for whatever use you might want them (example, transferring items by writing names is going to be a real real pain .... )

With all being said I also think, that the stones with acousticremains will artificially get their price quite high.

And a personal reason, which no body is bound to consider: I tend to forget many things with lightning speed, so for organizing my MD life it's essential to be able to make quick logs from time to time.