implemented/dismissed ideas

Gargant

Here's my idea dst

How about some sort of access to RPC quests via the RPC list down the side so that we can have access to them even when the RPC is offline. I know i've found it frustrating to have to find an RPC only to find they are offline.

We have that already. :P

But congtraz!:P You are the first that does what I have asked all the players to do:post your new ideas here so we can add a feedback or a conclusion to it after it is debated on the separated topic. Thank you! :)

Hy I am new on the game but it's very nice. I will like 2 say that needs more monsters at the begining of the game.For instance when i started the game I ariwed at a monster shop (all sweth I thouth) but it had only 3 tipes of monsters (few).I think it is beter 2 have almost 10 tipes of monsters no.I mean you go in the shop and when you see all thoes monsters you say wow greath.

This is all for the moment.By

There are more monster types and more will be implemented.

I have an idea...

A Purchase through MD Shop. A 'Skeleton Key' This device can be used to unlock 'secrets' OR locked areas. Be careful though, you only get one chance!

hahahahah a skeleton key

now how many dragons would you hve then innundo

• 2 weeks later...

Ideas

I have an idea I have been thinking about for some time now and was at some point in time going to make a game based around this but I feel that this game has a perfect setting in progress already. My Ideas are based upon a simple enough concept of the known elements and how they correspond with each other and everything else. They are placed in levels of effect, which is best put in form of a waterfall. (Things above can effect what is below and to the sides, not above.) The order of these Element effects is: Spirit affects all, Light and Darkness affects each other and that bellow. Earth Air Fire Water affects each other in different ways.

The theories of Spirit, Light, and Darkness are my own.

My descriptions of each elements correspondence:

• Top of chain Spirit – It is the source of both good and evil, it is what possesses the elements and gives them life and Death, While nothing can effect the soul it reacts to the world to keep the balance between them all such as a soul leaving a dying body simply because it was burned or drowned. Spirit can stay if chosen to but leaves because it feels that a body made of the elements is simply a vessel to be used till it expires, so since it is made by the element so it can be destroyed by the elements. Yet the soul is unharmed unless something of spirit causes this to change. ( Color-Purple)

• Second link Darkness – It is every where always and is simply filled with every thing. It can be the observer(one who sees darkness sees all) of all regardless of what it is, but it also has the ability to simply not there since it is and isn’t at the same time allowing things to pass through. Many have been bred to believe that it is evil but it is in the darkness of the womb or egg where life begins and while in the grave where we place our dead, but nonetheless it is misunderstood and has become the blame for all evil in the world, which has given this element an ability like none other. A tool that can be wielded was forged by the fear that humanity has for the Darkness which can be used as a way to render them powerless or be frozen in fear incapable of movement. (color-Black)

• Second link Light – The light has been over glorified for being the source of all good which in term has given light the power of the people, this gives light the ability to get those to trust it without question. The light sees only what it wants to see and only allows others to see as much as it chooses because it blinds them to see what it wills causing them to be led with undying loyalty. Light has power over the minds of the population which increases its numbers and power for they feel they fight for a just reason. This is quite useful when trying to accomplish something.(Color-White)

• Third link Earth – Earth is the base of the plane, which is what forms the landscape with rock and plant. It is the solid material and is what absorbs most of the rest of the elements. (fire is the exception) This element can use the water and air to make it grow in vitality and strength. Earth itself is steady and firm but can shatter the ground below your feet, it holds in place against much with roots that go deep, also is a keeper of many deep secrets. (colors-Green and Brown)

• Third link Air – this is a chaotic force that uses temperature (fire) to help it maneuver in unique ways like tornados, or water and earth as a more physical way of attacking. This element is often the source of our communication which is usually vocal and can cause the reception of an out going command to fall on deaf ears. This can be quite useful. (Color-Yellow)

• Third link Fire – This is a force that is rather simple to understand. Fire consumes earth and air to survive, it lives of war and destruction and is the center of our world, and this force molds earth to its will. Often fire is used as purification; as such it has the capabilities to erase what was there before. Fire is a passionate element while the others are much mellower. (color-Red and orange)

• Third link Water – is the receptive one of the bunch. Think of it like this stick your hand in a cold room and you feel it but it warms up quickly when you pull it out on top of the time it takes to make your hand cold. Stick your hand in cold water and your hand is instantly cold to the bone and takes much more time to warm it up. This element makes things of long last and a strong effect, since it is so receptive it also can feel others around it such as emotions, pains, weaknesses. This can be very helpful. (Color-Blue)

Now I think that somewhere there should be a place where one can choose to become more attuned with a chosen element, suggestion is that at a place where a conclave of 7 Elemental Wizards each controlling a certain element can explain there element to a player (not including abilities but more of an intellectual explanation such as water as receptive or fire as consuming.) and when the player chooses an element a ritual is performed that stains their soul (permanently) with the color of this element which would make the color of the person icon in battle change color. This costs a Whole lot, but gives the person a few new abilities that they must learn through logical discoveries inside the elemental place which is earned through experience in battle using them. This also increases the stats of elemental creatures of their chosen element. Also a few personal attributes are increased ex. Fire is attack, earth is defense so on and so forth. But the battles aren’t enough to get the abilities and stats but a few missions or quests should be involved, maybe a few puzzles or riddles.

These are my ideas for an extension to this already awesome game. Though I know it sound complicated but I would hope it would be worth it.

Sorry for the Vagueness of this but it was already a lot of writing.

I am willing to clarify any of this and to give more information on my thoughts.

p.s sorry for it being so long

also there was a glitch trying to post this and it was when I clicked post it would give me a glimps of the post reply sheet but would turn into this huge thing where I had to scroll forever to find the place to write then even worse for the send button.

thats an ongoing bug with the forum skin. it can be fixed by changing your forum skin to any other one in the list. the forum skin list is on the bottom left - chewett

This is just something that I've noticed while playing. It may be that my spacial awareness just isn't that great, but I think it would be great if there were some type of compass or something that could tell you what direction you're going on the navigation screen. Some of the navigation arrows don't have a description or tool tip so I've gotten turned around multiple times and end up wasting AP by constantly entering and exiting rooms that I've just left.

Well...that's the tricky part in MD:to learn how to move efficiently. And in time directions will be added.

This is just something that I've noticed while playing. It may be that my spacial awareness just isn't that great, but I think it would be great if there were some type of compass or something that could tell you what direction you're going on the navigation screen. Some of the navigation arrows don't have a description or tool tip so I've gotten turned around multiple times and end up wasting AP by constantly entering and exiting rooms that I've just left.

It's not your spacial sense. As you move from scene to scene it often happens that the perspective has changes and right becomes left and visa versa. Fixing this would require a lot of new artwork and code.

Many of these discontinuities are deliberate and you are intended to be confused. For example, the rear exit of Loreroot is supposed to be hard to find.

Most travel arrows name where they link to. That's what you need to pay attention to until you are totally familiar with a new area.

This is an idea as to uphold the community standads regarding the Dojo and other subjects.

I sugest there be made a "Wanted List" where people who repeatedly break the commuity rules are placed. Once on the list the playername will be shown in another colour in the playerlog for faster and easier identification. For the people on the "Wanted List" they will no longer be protected in sanctuarys as to make it harder for them to hide. There should also be put bounties on their head (like a temproary stat or Vp/Ve boost, some kind of spell mabye) so that other players would want to chase them. When the player have atoned for his sins, mabye after he's been dealt with or have regretted his/hers actions they will be put of the list.. In addition, the attackers will not recive any negative honour for defeating the beforementioned player even tough that would normaly be the case. By doing this the rulebreakers should quickly give up (i hope). Of course, if the players crime(s) are severe enough there sould be dealt more punishment if this doesn't work.

I Welcome any aditions or corrections that you may have about this, just PM me whenever and i'll consider adding it ^^

I also thought that this idea could be used in RPG-Events, like "The notorious *playername(s)* have once again stolen several valuable items from Willows Shop. Willow will reward anyone who would be able to return theese items." And mabye when someone have gotten one (or several) of the mentioned items, he/she will be targeted as they tries to get the reward from Willow in order to make it more exiting, sort of like a game of tag. If that is too easy then mabye there could be an objective to hold on to the item(s) until a timelimit.

I don't know how the alliances creation system go, but here is my idea.

The game is divided in 5 big zones, which I will refer to as Necroland, Golemland, Treesland, Marindland and No Man's.

There are already 4 alliances that control that zones, and are supposed to be poweful and have some type of bonus just for having them ( I guess).

That leaves No Man's with no alliances, and I have read that because of the name, it should be better to remain like that.

Awright.

I want FIGHTS , I want WAR, I want CHAOS.

No more lazy alliances in their territories. Let's make No Man's the nest for the new alliances, the seat for new POWERS in MD.

I say let's create an easy system to make alliances, so they grow in No Man's like an angry crop.

This doesn't finish here. I propose to create a kind of Sanctuaries in No Man's.

FOUR new Sanctuaries. With no shops. Just a place to get not atacked. Call it Haven if you want.

One headed to Marind's Bell. One to Necrovion. One to Loreroot. One to Golemus Golemicarum.

Alliances should fight to gain the control of the Havens. Once there, they should be able to atack the alliances and the lands they are headed to. Of course, new-born alliances wouldn't have the control of one of this, they would have to fight to get one of them.

Of course, I'm talking about an advanced stage of the game, with MP4 and upper Mages.

Easy to write, hard to construct. Still, it's this fella MP3 idea. Here you go.

A CHOICE OF GENDER

I would like to have a girl body....particularly when I wake up naked. I was most disturbed last time I woke from my scroll to find myself not only missing familiar bits...but having acquired some while I slept.

Clearly the figure shown is not anatomically correct, and therefore unoffensive to most, I wonder if a female silouhette could be given for another option.

Also....there is great confusion in MD in general over who is he/she/it or what. It is not always clear by a name, especially when people go out of their way to chose new and original names. Those not preceded by lady, Sir, Knight...etc are frequently confused.

[quote name='stormrunner' post='16819' date='Sep 17 2008, 07:01 AM']that is a really good idea[/quote]

[quote name='linards ice' post='16974' date='Sep 19 2008, 11:58 AM']KNOW WHAT I WAS thinkin just the same thing u stole my lines...umm not exactly though cuz i am boy..I wud really like to clear the confusion of he she from the world too :rolleyes:[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

i have this open in another thread, but i noticed the description here and posted it here as well (especially since i saw no other thoughts on my thread [feels ignored....]):

ok, as i'm sure aleron would tell you, most people, with or without the use of magic would not be able to wield certain types of weapons one-handed and definately not w/ the use of a sheild as well. i was wondering if maybe we could introduce ways of having benifits and disadvantages to using shields, one-handed weapons (normal swords,axes, etc), two-handed weapons (most polearms, greatswords, bows,etc), or two-handed weapons w/ penalties for improper usage (a polearm weilded differently to allow the use of a shield)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be posting a thread shortly. Having looked through the new idea list, I did not see one about chat effects I'd like to see added, for those of us who get to the list in the shop.

Worship, bow, hail, thank, greet, wave, etc. Simple actions.

Also, I'd like to have mock's profanity removed, seeing as how I got told off rather loudly the first time I used it.

I'm posting this here because Lightsage said it belonged here.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't thought this all the way through yet, but I think there should be some kind of Censor option. What I mean by that is a player has the option to turn it on or off, and when on it changes all swear words into **** or something like that. Its hard for me to get my point across having to say "dang", it loses the impact. Of course, people who's chat looked like "**** **** **** **** ****" would still be held accountable, since thats just unnecessary. I'm not sure if this is a feasible idea, any opinions?

[quote name='Burns' post='19831' date='Nov 15 2008, 10:51 AM']if you don't want to say dang, don't say it xD
i don't think that censoring our language in any way is necessary, if you feel the urge to swear, by all means just do it, it just shouldn't end up in a chat full of dirty words...
if you start censoring certain words, people would use other words just for fun, like ghey, cook soccer and such stupid things...
i don't think that censorments are a good idea, and if you want to curse, do it =D[/quote]

[quote name='Blaze777' post='19833' date='Nov 15 2008, 10:58 AM']People get mad and say "13 year olds play this game!" when I swear. That was the reason for the idea. I have no idea how hard or easy this would be to program though.[/quote]

[quote name='xPo' post='19869' date='Nov 15 2008, 05:26 PM']I think there's no need to start censoring that word's... If the excuse is that children play this game... well, people should be more careful with their word's, but that children maybe have listen already that word's and maybe even use them...

What maybe could be done is if a player really abuse of bad language, he should be punished somehow....
And not censoring all that word's in the chat...[/quote]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i tried utilizing this to it's purpose and didn't work out too well. Maybe also posting the threads with the comments? or maybe a superior person being the only one to post in here and only take ideas that are for serious consideration?

[color="#0000FF"]
I agree. It's a good idea to post also the links. Why didn't I think of that? Anyways..I don't know if i will be able to do it for all the posts cause it's kind of hard work and I don't have time to do it but I will edit my first post and add this also.
DST[/color]

• 3 weeks later...

Dojo, the undying topic
Comments on self
I have the following statement posted on my personal comment paper:

All this talk about the Dojo makes my head spin. If someone were to ask me, it's entirely up to each player's opinion. My opinion on the matter if you would allow me to voice it out, is to have the dojo as it is -

* attack only with consent,
* attack idlers,
* attack those who declared themselves "attack everywhere characters,"

The main reason for my supporting the dojo is simple, a strategic place (no needless spending of ap) to setup rituals either for win or loss purposes without having your creatures die before the setup. That's it.
For the talking and learning, we can do that anywhere.

MY SUGGESTION:
Let's have a visible tag on the players' name or avatar so everyone can readily identify that they are "attack everywhere characters."

OR maybe a flag that we can turn on and off everytime we decide we're open or not to attacks in the dojo. Make it a "green flag" when open to attacks and a "red flag" for NOT open to attacks, for example. And the flags can be set to default to either colors.

EDIT OK

• 5 months later...