Volition increasing when you not moving

Peace

I was not here when the volition skill was implemented, I searched the forum but I could not find any reports similar to mine.

So, I walked inside Necrovion to reach the Eternal Toiler to sac some creatures. Every time I sacrificed something and opened the compass to pass my heat to my protector, I noticed the skill increasing by 0,01 or 0,02 points yet I was perfectly still in my location.

Is it a bug indeed? Is the skill increased by others who happen to walk on the locations I passed? Did sacrifice have anything to do with it? Any answer is appreciated.

Thank you and apologies in advance if I missed any similar topic.

Nice find, I knew that clicking anything clickable in scene lowers vicsosity but never checked if it gives volition. Now that I did check, it gives volition for almost everything. Clicking those new undone clickables doesn't give volition, same goes for clicking gates and arrows for which you don't have ap. I can just keep clicking on signpost all day long and keep gaining volition. Same goes for berserker puzzle, creature recruitment clicky, altar clicky, PC clickies and many more. Thing however is the following, if viscosity is higher than -80 you will get volition only once. System recognizes that you lowered viscosity in that place in less than 1 hour and prevents you from lowering more, if no viscosity is lowered no volition is gained. Exception is -80 viscosity which is made so that it always gives you 0.01 volition per step and since it can't be lowered further it doesn't have that check if you lowered viscosity in that location in last hour or not. As far as I understand moving between locations that both have -80 visc costs 1 ap and gives 0.01 volition which is supposed to be that way, but problem is that if you stand in location with some clicky and that location has -80 visc you can just keep clicking that clicky mindlessly since it won't cost any ap and for each click you gain 0.01 voltion. Of course you have to close the dialogue of clicky each time in between :P

edit: yes viscosity is rising again :P and xmas tree is awesome, since when you click it nothing pops up :D volition gaining at it's finest

Edited by Ary Endleg

• 5 months later...

Actually I explained this badly. If you click anything in scene or if you try to move but you don't have AP for that movement, viscosity is lowered by 4 but in either case you don't get any volition, not even after acquiring enough AP for movement and then performing that movement.

Volition is skill that is related to lowering of viscosity. So each time you lower viscosity you should get some of it.

Problem is that currently clicking anything clickable in scene lowers the viscosity by 4, but doesn't give volition if you actually haven't successfully moved with that very same click (action). This is how the system checks it upon clicking anything:

• checks if player has lowered viscosity in that same scene in last 50 mins (or 60, can't remember); if not then no voliton is gained nor any viscosity is lowered and check ends here; if yes, viscosity gets lowered and it continues for another check
  • checks if player has succeeded to move out from scene; if yes, volition is gained; if not volition isn't gained

Since if you click clicky or fail to move due to lack of AP you will succeed to lower the viscosity but due to second check, you won't receive volition. When you get AP to move again and it's under the time frame of your last click which lowered viscosity, you will still not gain volition due to first check, since viscosity has been lowered recently by you.

Basically first check is the viscosity check, while second one is the volition check. This is a bug because you are supposed to get volition each time you lower viscosity and you don't. That's why second (volition) check makes no sense because it should be simple one. Check if player succeeded in lowering viscosity; if yes, grant volition; if not don't give volition. Simple.

Edit: which means this bug isn't resolved

Edited by Ary Endleg

• 3 months later...

OK, maybe this would need a separate topic, but here might be good as well. I am now in LR and I checked to see if I gain volition after I go through each scene (viscosity is +40). Turns out that if I go through one scene, I gain no volition, then after going through the next one I get 0.08. Maybe this is because I go through the scenes too fast, but it seems you get volition from every two scenes, not from each.

Can someone double check this? Or explain it to me if I understood this whole deal wrong. :D

Edit: it looks like I get volition if I wait a bit in the scene. That having been said, if I move around fast, I dont get it, nor do I lower viscosity.

Edited by TheRichMerchant

Hmm, did you moved in LR 1h before that? If so, maybe at "every second" scene time haven't yet passed that would allow you to lower viscosity again.

Currently it works like this that you gain volition only if you lower viscosity and if you move. Clicking on some stuff inside scene will lower visc but won't give you volition (reported bug, in my post above).

Next thing to keep in mind is that, if you lowered viscosity in a scene you are unable to lower it until 50 or 60 minutes have passed (can't remember which one, check announcements).

If you passed through one scene after that time passed you lowered the visc and gained volition, then you could have passed a little earlier than time elapsed in second scene and you wouldn't lower visc nor gain volition.

This is probably what happened to you.

Thats possibly a bug based on how it counts it, Can you make a new topic stating your find?

After I come back from the East, I will test it.

If you passed through one scene after that time passed you lowered the visc and gained volition, then you could have passed a little earlier than time elapsed in second scene and you wouldn't lower visc nor gain volition.

This is probably what happened to you.

Could you rephrase that, please? (I was passing through LR for the first time that day)

Edited by TheRichMerchant

For example you pass through X scene, then you pass through Y scene.

If you pass through X scene again after 50 minutes have passed since you passed through it last time, you will lower visc. If you passed through Y scene while 50 minutes haven't passed since you passed last time before, you won't lower visc.

If you clicked any clickable inside scene after 50min passed then visc will drop but you still won't gain volition even though you passed through it after clicking clicky.

(I was passing through LR for the first time that day)

If that's so, then your case is weird. But I wouldn't be surprised that server DB is in bad sync, weird enough things were happening in last "BHC" event when Krioni and samon dupped the head ball.

• 2 months later...