IMPORTANT - Future way of granting titles/roles

Muratus del Mur

Dominium (Latin) =  ownership (also translated as dominion sometimes)
Dominion (English) = the exercise of control - a sphere of influence or control 
(there are other meanings as well. But I think these are relevant here)

Dominium of Mur  = That which is owned by Mur.
Dominion of Mur = That which is controled by Mur.

Yes, "Dominium of Mur" is not "proper English". But let's not get into the linguistic purism discussion. That's just silly :) Language is a fluent thing. 

Both use of dominium and dominion fit purpose and function. As Kyphis says, you can use both to refer to your land.  And I like the subtle distinction the words make between that part of the world you choose to keep for your self and that which you actually control.

• Root Admin

I am happy again :)

it seems to me that this "mistake" makes more sense than the "correct" version. As you have pointed out, the east lands are divided in two, both owned controlled by Mur and one owned...or is it the other way arround? both controlled by Mur and one owned? haha 

Anyway, it makes perfect sense now, much better than if it would have been if "fixed". Maybe making it fully latin would have been a slightly better version of it, but WHY and who sais MD has anything to do with latin afterall. Its all about meaning, and as far as meaning goes, this makes indeed sense.

I like my stamp now. i will add this to the coincidences that make md happen :))

I was ready to throw it away, so thank you ..not for calming me down...but for explaining it to me what it means so i can decide if its ok or not, and i decide it is more than ok.

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

Finally! I have the layout done..it was enormous work. Many details can't be seen in this pic..and i don't want thwm seen yet. The metal insertions and other cool stuff are not here either, this is just a first print on my home printer for the first test. This is how a title doc will look like..mostly. Each land will have a slightly different layout with different themed image and probably different colors. Idealy all you see orange in here will be golden foil when done. The the round things on the lower right are supposed to be the places where the signatures/stamps go, one by me and one by the one granting the title (two spots for two sigs). The entire page is filled with ultra fine lines just like paper money..will look just awesome

You notice i totally changed the layout idea i wanted initially..this one fits a lot better with what is actually on the doc and is much more elegant in my opinion. Needless to say i did all in vectorized form so i will be able to print it at very high resolutions..just for the fun of having a top quality doc.

I will update you soon when i hve more news about the progress of all this.

Let me know your honest opinion on this first sample

Ps. Pic is done with the phone.. i wont bother providing any clearer images at this point but i might one some final papers will be done.
Ps. The big big stamp will come on the back of the paper and on the envelope probably

• Root Admin

titles need two authorities , one will be me (for a start, but not limited to me), and one will be a main role such as a king, land leader or a significant role such as chewett. .... but who will give titles to kings for example?

not to mention, I WANT SOME TOO ::)) ..

so i am thinking of two options, a separate type of title docs with either just one signature, mine (not much fun), or more signatures than the default two..but in that case there will be a problem to get them shipped signed and shipped again to the different people that might be needed to sign them

suggestions?

p.s this is simiar to international politics, inside a country the laws of that country apply, but internatonal the _opinion_ of various states or alliances matter, without being actual law.

• Root Admin

this is the text that should appear at the bottom of the doc, someone please correct it, adjust, spellcheck it if needed or suggest better:

"The authority bestowed by this title can not surpass the one of the issuing authority at the time this document was signed. Once awarded, his title can not be voided, but its applicability within MagicDuel realm may vary based on other subsequent updates to the awarded role or organizational changes"

i need this asap

"The authority bestowed by this title can not surpass the superiority of the issuing authority at the time this document was signed. Once awarded, this title can not be voided, but its applicability within MagicDuel realm may vary based on other subsequent updates to the awarded role or organizational changes"

Changed his to this

also, i'm thinking that "can not surpass the one" should be changed to "can not surpass the superiority" or something along those lines to make it flow better. Just me though.

• Root Admin

layouts are 99% done, just making final adjustments. I talked to the printing service today and (provided i have the money to pay them) they could be done in two weeks from now. Normally it should be a couple of days but they are busy next days with an other large order. I don't know the price per print yet, we shall see, if its not within my budget it might take longer till i find an other place to print them as i want. Everything else (almost) is ready to, You can start panning your texts :P

I think this is a really neat idea. I like the design and colors. As for trying to figure out how to get people to sign it. You could scan the titles and email it to people. They could print it off, sign the area they are suppose too, scan it, and email it back. You would have the original documents to keep track of it all.

This is just an alternative to mailing it. I know that occasionally the post offices here loses a letter or that it comes back close to shreds. Most of the time it is fine here but I know I would be rather upset, if that 1% chance of it being damaged happen to MD related documents.

• Root Admin

the docs will arrive to you signed in original by me and the one granting the title (king, main role, etc) not emailed/scanned. Having it as a real thing is part of all of this, i am not wasting so much effort to make them top quality just so i can send them scanned :)

• 3 months later...
  • Root Admin

finally the first batch of docs are scheduled for printing next week..every detail is set,nd i hope sometime next week i will have them ready. I must say they look absolutely gorgeous :D

I will get back with more details when i'll hold them in my hand.

next thing will be to prepare the first shipping and see how to distribute them, considering they need to reach a second person/authority before they reach their final owner...but we'll get o that shortly

ps. you notice i didn't say "soon" so it will be less than a couple of years till that happens :)))

• 5 months later...