What should lands do for you/What should lands Have

Chewett

I think i don't quite understand the question.

Are we talking technical features, like a land chat? Or stat bonus revised? Or leadership decisions-wise, like throwing people to jail and stuff? 

UG: -- a Queen (aka me) recognized by higher powers so stupid cows will not moan that I haven't "worked" enough to be appointed officially

-- one special tool that you can only get from UG (each land has one - except MDA) - not necessarily bound to the land  loyalty (although I would LOVE to have a monopole on something that GG wants for example - sorry guys but you asked for it)

That's it for now. I am easily pleased :D

Thank you.

I'd like it lands could have alliances amongst each other. For example, while they are friendly with each other, your land loyalty from one land gives you an advantage when moving on that friendly land, and when hostile, the loyalty hinder your movements. Right now, there's no choice, all lands are always hostile, but the effect doesn't show for anybody over 100 EI... which is almost everyone, i tend to forget that all those lands actually hate me for being from golemus :))

And lands should help you upgrade creatures, too. Maybe while you're part of a land, the creatures found in that particular land have 10% less heat/wins/age required for upgrades or something like that (sorry dst, no goodies for you :P)

Difficulty of entering any land should be equalised. If it takes x ap to enter marindbell, keep the ap of rest of the lands at x too.atm, gg and necro have an unfair advantage. While its not impossible to enter either of them, it is highly difficult compared to other lands.

put the special access to places deep in wp shop such that you need a wp and certain amount of landloyalty to get it. For example, if you want permanent access to marind's balcony without using any other means, you have to have 400 loyalty of mda and 1wishpoint. That way anyone can get it provided they have that much loyalty.

Give kings protector punishing power over citizens or something of similar sorts. Such that there is a step up between no punishment and jail.

Implement land treasury and the land with most treasury has the maximum value for their coins. Or similar sorts. As in if east treasury has 20g in their treasury, and gg has 5, then east coin has 4 times the value of gg coin. So one silver from east will be worth 4 silvers from gg.

wars! Someone light a fire and let people show off their military prowess!! I would've tried but i am downright unfit for such plotting stuff.

that was a bunch of brain storming. The ideas may sound stupid. Forgive me then :3

Some thoughts about how lands should operate:

• Lands should organize activities and quests. Some (but not all) of these should be for citizens only.
    • Quests need not only be solved by more or less predefined paths. Leaders could award bounties for non-citizen outlaws, for one.
    • Citizen only quests should be awarded from land treasuries rather than with wishpoints and the treasure keepers' stock.
    • There is also the opportunity to award ranks and titles instead of other rewards.
    • There should be more opportunities for lands to increase their treasuries through competition amongst the lands.
  • Leaders should have great power over their land's citizens. They should also exert their influence to punish/reward citizens of other lands as they are able.
    • These powers should stop short of life and death (at least as far as powers inherent to leaders; still doesn't prevent them from using a killing item if they can get a hold of one).  But land leaders should be able to jail their own citizens (unless a certain degree of dissent is registered by the rebel system).
    • Leaders should extract a vow of fealty from their vassals (unless an explicit political structure is in place that offers an alternative).
    • Leaders should protect their citizens from each other especially, but also seek out treaties and agreements with other leaders for the laws that are most important to their land.
  • Lands should cultivate their culture carefully.  Land powers should be somewhat balanced, but in a dynamic fashion and allowing leaders and citizens to be rewarded for their efforts by improvements to a land.
    • Traditions and laws are what should make one land more desirable than another.
    • Entry (AP) requirements for lands should not be equal just because of a desire for equality. There are advantages/disadvantages for both low and high AP costs.  Leaders should be able to decide which is most suitable for their land.
  • More plotting, please!  What's the point of controlling a few dozen scenes when you could rule the world?
    • Intrigue is fun, duh.
    • Also, internal politics. If MagicDuel grows again, Golemus Golemicarum should have a tricameral legislature and Necrovion should have faction upon faction of desert tribes. Or something like that...

Some ideas: benefits to internal trade, such as creature trades between citizens of the same land not reducing won battles or something; citizen only training grounds (though it's up to you to keep non-citizens out); mock battles/tournaments/competitions between lands with wagers to bolster the winning land's treasury (or wager a scene along the border, if you're feeling daring).

I'll think on this more.

Give fair chance to each land at their economy, not like it's now, we all hate GG! :p

I like Nimmy's idea of treasury and coin values :D although dear... that's not how it should work exactly :p let somebody who knows economics do the mechanics behind it.

I like Ivorak's ideas but some are way beyond MD's current state, both technical and social.

Necrovion should have faction upon faction of desert tribes. Or something like that...

Necrovion stands united! 

• Root Admin

Implement land treasury and the land with most treasury has the maximum value for their coins. Or similar sorts. As in if east treasury has 20g in their treasury, and gg has 5, then east coin has 4 times the value of gg coin. So one silver from east will be worth 4 silvers from gg.

Thats not how supply and demand works :P

The less of the coin, the more expensive it is. Go watch Goldfinger and see what the master plan is :P

Thats not how supply and demand works :PThe less of the coin, the more expensive it is. Go watch Goldfinger and see what the master plan is :P

I agree, but i barely pay attention to fiscal side... So yeah, let someone well versed with economy do it. You should get the idea though... :p

UG need an Altar= Sacrificing creatures additional STATS (member of the land stats bonus)

MDA need an Altar = Sacrificing creatures additional STATS (member of the land stats bonus)

I would love an altar but there is no place for such a thing. And I don't want horrible things added to my beloved scenes.

For MDA, it can be done but defo not for UG.

At the moment lands have absolutely no power to defend themselves... yes alright they may avenge if harmed, but they cannot prevent any damage...

I suggested something a while back (will find thread later) about making "land forges" where resources are used up to make defensive tools that can be deployed to a scene (eg: for Loreroot, a wooden wall that requires 100 branches 30 lumber to be made, and increases AP cost to move away from the scene it is deployed by 200 for a day).

In other words, the power to enforce laws. Currently no such power exists, as every single person has total free will to do as he pleases with only words to stop him/her.

Edited by DARK DEMON

The power to temporarily ban someone from coming into a land (entering any scene would result in teleportation to the gates)

Too strong. let them not be able to use any gate scenes if that gets implemented, but they can tp in fine. Getting out might end up being the problem.

At the moment lands have absolutely no power to defend themselves... yes alright they may avenge if harmed, but they cannot prevent any damage...

I suggested something a while back (will find thread later) about making "land forges" where resources are used up to make defensive tools that can be deployed to a scene (eg: for Loreroot, a wooden wall that requires 100 branches 30 lumber to be made, and increases AP cost to move away from the scene it is deployed by 200 for a day).

In other words, the power to enforce laws. Currently no such power exists, as every single person has total free will to do as he pleases with only words to stop him/her.

This means you'll prolly never walk on Ug, East and I dare to say GG. EVER.

This means you'll prolly never walk on Ug, East and I dare to say GG. EVER.

This was just an example. And I really doubt you'd keep building that every single day for just one scene^^

Too strong. let them not be able to use any gate scenes if that gets implemented, but they can tp in fine. Getting out might end up being the problem.

Right... any "real power" is too strong? We're talking about an entire land here, not one person's abilities. Of course, there have to be ways to get across it to prevent abuse and banning everyone^^

Edited by DARK DEMON