A Seemingly Impossible Challenge

Lazarus

It has been more that 10 years to me, since this symbol was introduced to me when I was 13 years old, and quite frankly, I couldn't solve it. A friend of mine showed me exactly how its done, but unfortunately it was lost deep within my subconscious mind. There is indeed a legit way to solve this puzzle and I know it can be done without any trickery.

I invite YOU ALL to try it out, and when you succeed in solving this puzzle, I will reward you with a prize that surpasses any reward ever given in this entire realm.

Draw this symbol:

7743e140_o.png

Rules:
- Draw without lifting pen/pencil
- Draw without going over the same line
- Draw without folding the paper or any other kind of stupid trickery

I hold the right to reject your solution as I see fit. The most plausible solution, for me, will be rewarded with all four (4) prizes:

- Tainted Angien
- Shade
- Sword Shade
- 10 Gold Coins

Basically, just a continuous line without going over the same line and without lifting your pen/pencil. Absolutely no trickery or you will be disqualified from this challenge. Do not play with my wordings as well, as I know it has loopholes. Do what you know is the correct way of solving it.

The solution should be presented step-by-step through a video clip, and should be sent via forum PM and ONLY via forum PM. If, however, there are more than ONE entry that has the same solution, I will consider the first entry as a winner.

Deadline for submission of entries is at July 31st, 2014.

Goodluck.

[Edit] Removed my "bragging statement" so small-minded people won't assume things based on absolutely nothing.

Edited by Lazarus

It cannot be solved without paper folding.

So go take your prizes and shove them up your gluteus maximus. If you really want to create a puzzle create a SOLVABLE one. What you did here is just you boasting about your "possible"  awesome prizes.

Get lost. You make me sick.

It cannot be solved without paper folding.

So go take your prizes and shove them up your gluteus maximus. If you really want to create a puzzle create a SOLVABLE one. What you did here is just you boasting about your "possible"  awesome prizes.

Get lost. You make me sick.

From what I heard there is a solution for this and I know it can be done, and I need the solution for it, just for personal amusement. If you don't want to participate then just put a duct tape over your nasty mouth. This is just to see how far a player can go to solve it.

Anybody can try it, I will award the closest solution with 4 Gold Coins if this really is impossible.

I can show you a solution that lacks one line. How "close" do you consider that?

Don't sell me crap. You know pretty well this one cannot be solved using the rules you wrote in the first post. You're a show off. Luckily I am a fan of puzzles and stumbled on this one a loong time ago so I didn't wreck my brains out trying to solve it as probably some people have done (or were about to).

Basically you sent people on wild goose chase hence why I call your quest BS!

PS: I am not going to show you a video. I am going to send you the graphical partial solution. I don't own a camera so I cannot record myself "partially solving it".

The task is indeed impossible.

An Eulerian trail, or Euler walk in an undirected graph is a walk that uses each edge exactly once. If such a walk exists, the graph is called traversable or semi-eulerian.

A graph is called semi-Eulerian if it contains an Eulerian trail.

For the existence of Eulerian trails it is necessary that zero or two vertices have an odd degree (number of edges/lines coming out of a vertex/point).
In your case, number of such vertices are 4, therefore it is impossible to make an Eulerian walk.

- Draw without folding the paper or any other kind of stupid trickery

Closest thing would be one missing line, which is easy.
Do you want to adjust the rules?

This is what I stumbled upon:

No, it cannot be solved.

The way to tell if a shape can be drawn without lifting your pen is to count the number of nodes with an odd number of paths. Any node with an odd number of paths must either be first or last in your list. If there are more than two nodes with an odd number of paths, the graph cannot be traversed without lifting your pen.

Each of the four corners of the square you described has 5 paths leading from it (two sides of the square, two semicircle ends, and a diagonal). Therefore it cannot be traversed without lifting your pen.

Closest thing would indeed be missing one line, one diagonal or one semicircle, all of which are obtained through equal ease...

Edited by DARK DEMON

There's a reason for the prize, it's not for showing off or anything and I know this is going to be difficult if not impossible, hence the title. I could not solve this, so I made a research a long time ago on how to solve the middle part:

9f075064_ss.png

If this can be done, and the pen/pencil ends up on one of the corner then problem is solved. But this doesn't have any solution, so I think adding extra lines or portions to the sides has a reason and could be used to help solve this puzzle. A friend of mine did it years ago and honestly I couldn't remember how he did it, if this really is an impossible task then he may very well did use some kind of a trick. But I still believe this is doable.

Since you all suggest that this can't be done, then provide me an original and creative solution, if trickery is to be used then you can, just not the ones you see on the internet.

The puzzle should be complete without any missing lines, the winner will be the one who can figure it out and show me exactly how it's done, if not, then at least the most plausible / creative solution, but the prize will change because that's not exactly what I'm looking for.

I will extend this challenge until the end of August as I see most of the people here are still active.

You were tricked. It cannot be drawn without lifting up your pen... again:

If there are more than two nodes with an odd number of paths, the graph cannot be traversed without lifting your pen.

In this case there are 4 nodes.