What do you want me to do about Neg rep?

Chewett

@Rhaegar: maybe Chewett should give the name of the one spammer in his example. Maybe you can judge then if one loses credibility or not.

RT: "I thought MD prefers depth, goes against the mainstream and hates democracy :))"
From my experience,democracy is overrated or it is percieved wrong due to freedom to manipulate others. Sometimes measures for the good of the comunity must he enforced. That is why this is not a democracy.

DD is not a good example but here you go my point of view: he is good intended but he is saying it wrong, mostly with his long posts. I mostly use neg when he is definatly wrong, i mostly ignore him when he is correct but wrote it wrong (you will notice large neg reps on those posts) and in those rare ocasions when he is keeping it sshort i even poz rep him . But then ... it also depends on my moods, of course.

And then one can ignore those points or he can improve. It is everyone's decision.

and then still I dissagree with that value.

@rophs: some are obvious and some are not, even with large amount of data.

• Root Admin

And if a huge proportion of rep is given by a few people only repeatedly no matter what incredible reasons they seem to claim, there is definitely something wrong because it is not "general agreement/disagreement".

You cant force everyone to take your viewpoint in how the reputation system should be used. Some will give neg/pos rep more easily than others and thats just how it works. Im not going to dictate how people have to use the system nor should you when suggesting fixes.

If your fix is "well people should use the reputation system like this" then thats not a fix, thats imposing your ideas on others.

You cant force everyone to take your viewpoint in how the reputation system should be used. Some will give neg/pos rep more easily than others and thats just how it works. Im not going to dictate how people have to use the system nor should you when suggesting fixes.

If your fix is "well people should use the reputation system like this" then thats not a fix, thats imposing your ideas on others.

You misunderstand me. That was just a reply to your own definition of it. My point was to tell you that something unintended is happening (ring ring :D)

@Rhaegar: maybe Chewett should give the name of the one spammer in his example. Maybe you can judge then if one loses credibility or not.

RT: "I thought MD prefers depth, goes against the mainstream and hates democracy :))"
From my experience,democracy is overrated or it is percieved wrong due to freedom to manipulate others. Sometimes measures for the good of the comunity must he enforced. That is why this is not a democracy.

DD is not a good example but here you go my point of view: he is good intended but he is saying it wrong, mostly with his long posts. I mostly use neg when he is definatly wrong, i mostly ignore him when he is correct but wrote it wrong (you will notice large neg reps on those posts) and in those rare ocasions when he is keeping it sshort i even poz rep him . But then ... it also depends on my moods, of course.

And then one can ignore those points or he can improve. It is everyone's decision.

and then still I dissagree with that value.

@rophs: some are obvious and some are not, even with large amount of data.

Someone should take up the extremely mundane task of collecting data related to rep and then make a bunch of cool graphs. If you're bored in MD, start doing that :P

I actually do this and have a considerable amount of data gathered up, and I continue to do it. Apparently it's never enough to prove my suspicions, but I will keep doing so until some sort of action is taken. Its not that obvious but it becomes so if you look at them as a whole, which unfortunately no one can/does.

I actually do this and have a considerable amount of data gathered up, and I continue to do it. Apparently it's never enough to prove my suspicions, but I will keep doing so until some sort of action is taken. Its not that obvious but it becomes so if you look at them as a whole, which unfortunately no one can/does.

So again you prove me right when I say you DO care about your reputation. And let's be fair: I am the person in question. I am the one you have "suspicions" upon. Be a man and admit it. Wait...you cannot. Sorry, my bad.

Since it seems that my solution with limiting the amount of rep given/day by player was discarded then..no other ideas.

• Root Admin

Post the data, You just send me individual links and the majority of them I agree at you making a stupid comment DD.

So again you prove me right when I say you DO care about your reputation. And let's be fair: I am the person in question. I am the one you have "suspicions" upon. Be a man and admit it. Wait...you cannot. Sorry, my bad.

Since it seems that my solution with limiting the amount of rep given/day by player was discarded then..no other ideas.

Of course, I don't openly take names like you do, but I think for your case I should next time, and forever always :D

And once again, you prove ME right that you actually do think I care about my rep. Honestly, its the fact that someone can use the neg rep system wrongly like this that I gather data, not for my ego. No one -has- to think the way you do, dst -_-

Post the data, You just send me individual links and the majority of them I agree at you making a stupid comment DD.

Individual links are not data...?

Right, so why can't I go and "reconsider later" (as you said) and go about neg repping dst's last 200 posts, deciding that they are stupid? Why not, its my wish to use it however I like, right? In this case too, you'd have to decide whether my reason that "I find her posts stupid" is valid or not, but you'll most probably decide its not because its obvious I'm spamming. When its not too obvious, you can't/refuse to make that decision? Why?

Its just my manner of speaking, Chewy, I cannot help it. You and dst may find it stupid or offensive at times, but I don't, because I never mean it, and anyone really who actually takes a liiiittle time to understand will realize this too. And the fact that dst is solely against this part of me, and choose this part of me as a reason to dislike me and a reason to ignore/dislike the actual content of my post, is the exact reason I will remain adamant and continue to be as I am.

• Root Admin

Sending me one link a week isnt data, data is normally organised. Present your data properly DD and the community can review it. If you want help with that I can tell you further in a PM. But I guess you are not going to bother because you dont care.

I have told you why I refuse to make the decision, becuase I cant. Just because one person neg repped you twice, after they re-read the post is not someone going through 200 posts DD. You are using the Fallacy of Multiplication to try and "prove" your point, and it reduces it.

You insult me by saying I havent taken time to understand you. You were the one that said I spent time doing this again and again and thats why you will always be my friend. But sadly that wasnt true as you turned against me as I didnt favour you in this case and just insulted me. That really hurt me DD as I told you but you didnt care.

Sending me one link a week isnt data, data is normally organised. Present your data properly DD and the community can review it. If you want help with that I can tell you further in a PM. But I guess you are not going to bother because you dont care.

I have told you why I refuse to make the decision, becuase I cant. Just because one person neg repped you twice, after they re-read the post is not someone going through 200 posts DD. You are using the Fallacy of Multiplication to try and "prove" your point, and it reduces it.

You insult me by saying I havent taken time to understand you. You were the one that said I spent time doing this again and again and thats why you will always be my friend. But sadly that wasnt true as you turned against me as I didnt favour you in this case and just insulted me. That really hurt me DD as I told you but you didnt care.

Because you didn't favor me in this case? I don't turn against people just because of such petty things, and with people like you I don't turn against them at all.

I do not look for favors. In the past in many matters you have not favored me, did I do anything? I always listened, but remained adamant, yes, because of the above stated reason.

The only reason I told you to let me go was because I still cared for you and since I kept hurting you, I thought that would be best. It was the only course of action I could take because no matter how many times I tried, I failed to convince you that this is just how I am and I never mean offense unless its truly obvious. Yes, you didn't fail to understand, I failed to show. I'm in the wrong, are you happy now?

• Root Admin

The only reason I told you to let me go was because I still cared for you and since I kept hurting you, I thought that would be best. It was the only course of action I could take because no matter how many times I tried, I failed to convince you that this is just how I am and I never mean offense unless its truly obvious. Yes, you didn't fail to understand, I failed to show. I'm in the wrong, are you happy now?

Common shaming tactics to make me feel bad? Thats wrong DD. I wont continue this with you on the forum publicly.