What is Change (the player/character), and should I abandon her?

Change

Change is me. And I'm tired of playing me. While your character in MD tends to reflect some of yourself, Change reflects all of myself (most of the time). Edit: This also includes lengthy, heartfelt posts, so bear with me (and Change).

So, I make lots of mistakes, I overthink things to no tomorrow, and I often am emotional about the littlest of things. I waited over 200 days to join a land because I (remember, Change is I and I am Change) was indecisive AND I thought that alliances were the only ways of getting things done in the land. So when I searched for a land for those 200 days, I was really searching for an alliance. I wanted to help people, because helping people makes me and others happy, and those who are happy tend to be nice around me. Basically, why lots of people like to help people. I'm also patient, so I know that my help will come back to me in someway. So, I joined the Fusioneers, what I thought of as the most practical alliance to help people and to promote 'change' (more on that later).

Perhaps I really do fit into Golemus. After all, it seems to be about syntropy vs. the entropy of Necrovion (ironically, or perhaps not, I chose both principles. I think Marind Bell is the light that differs from the apparent darkness of Necrovion, but that's another story. The reason for me saying this, despite feeling a dislike for the land that was chosen by misguided intentions, is because I hate war. Now, this might be for multiple reasons, but one of them is balance. Magicduel seemed to originally be all about war, as are most RPGs. Nonetheless, it promised to be something more, so, desperate for a game in which combat, fighting, killing things, etc., were not the only real ways of achieving something in the game, I joined.

I picked Change as a name simply because I have picked that name before. I pick it because whenever I pick a name that isn't a somewhat flexible neutral English word, I tend to dislike it greatly. That's because I constantly fall into the trap of making characters that are me, just in a different world. In my teens, I, like many others, didn't really know a thing about me, and I think this was more true for me in particular, but maybe not. So my personality seemed to constantly shift. I only recently have realized that it wasn't myself that was changing, but my perception of myself. I've always been me. There's been growth, but it's easy to tell what's at the centre when I focus now. Now that I know me, perhaps I can make a character that is me.

But why should I? Isn't Magicduel about roleplaying in part? It certainly is especially for those of us who dislike games where fighting is more than 60% of the game. So I should create a character that might show an aspect or two of me, but not all of me? But I often join roleplaying games so that I can truly express myself, when I otherwise couldn't in the real world. I'm tired of puppet shows in the real world, so why would one here be any better?

Yet I'm incredibly jealous of characters like Nimrodel, Peace, Syrian, and so on, basically, all of the characters who seem to have came into magicduel with a /character/. I didn't. All I came into magicduel with was myself, and a placeholder name. All of the 'Change' stuff was just to make the name have some sort of meaning, for the character to be something beyond myself.

I wasted time, so much time, figuring out myself, when so many characters were born sure of themselves. Are all of those characters perfect reflections of the people playing them? I thought not. So it's with these thoughts that I look at my 622 out of 978 days with a heavy heart. Were all of those days a waste? No. I, myself, learned things about myself because of them. But I could have started with a specific character and known what I was doing from day 0. If I had the option, I'd sorely be tempted to wipe all of my principles, stats, days, and so on, starting over. Yet, I do have this option, but I feel like I'm a coward for doing so.

After all, while all of the characters in the adventure log seemed to have a purpose at birth, a character at birth, I've met characters since then who also have lots of days in no man's land when they didn't know what they'd do. Perhaps I'll never be a major character ever. Is that a bad thing? Probably not. But it doesn't stop me from being jealous of Peace, who was a Necrovion from day one.

Perhaps those days are gone, and it's normal for someone with 600 days to actually start their character, despite having the wrong name, land loyalties, and principles. Perhaps I should accept those 600 days as part of my growth. The problem is, they remind me far too much of my real life, where I've similarly pointlessly wasted two years away doubting myself. Those two years will forever permanently affect my life. It's irrelevant why, just trust me.

If I ever appear in the adventure log now, doing something to progress the story of the realm, I'll appear as Change, the person who, despite being a Protector, Fusioneer, and so on, was absent from the story of the land due to her indecision for two years.

So should I try and continue Change, even if she takes on a new name (if I'm allowed one, and if I can find one)? It will be painful, tearridden and a learning experience, moreso than playing a character that doesn't perfectly reflect me. Should I start to make Change's decisions different from myself? Or should I start over, make a new character, and play a mere aspect of myself, who is a person in her own right, seperate from me, but sharing aspects of me.

I have to choose one or the other, because I've never been able to play more than one character per world I'm in. So I ask, do people want Change? What is Change to you, because I already know that Change is me. And should I continue to involve me fully in MD, or should I bring in someone who is infinitely more qualified for whatever job I choose at birth?

Edited by Change

You should do what allows you to have the most fun, as enjoying yourself will fuel activity. If you think it's hard for you to decide about yourself, why would you ever allow anyone else to decide for you? If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

That being said, I'd hate to see another wordplay name fade away. No one knows how to Change.

Honest topic and one of the few lately I started reading and was sucked in immediately. I can assure you you´re not the only one having this kind of story in MD. I´m 1414 out of 1455 days and stopped asking myself if there was a waste of days in those years. I know that there will be no more logging in if MD loses the meaning for me. And the core of MD changed for me over time and will continue to do so in the future, depending on my real life phases I´m going through. Being busy with aims in real life is one of those things which occupied my time, which I would have invested in creating quests and participating in others. But hey do I enjoy my real life? Yes I do and MD is only a very small part of my life. I´d say be yourself or play a role, do always as you wish and enjoy the change which life is. And when you start comparing yourself with others and what they have achieved, you will get on the path of distraction which will leads you away from your own way. If time allows I always enjoy exploring those in MD who are there, Starters and veterans, there is no difference, because all are real human beings sitting behind their computers trying to express them selfs in this virtual world.

This week I have a fitting quote on my calender which I´d like to share with you. Translation was made by myself. 

"There is a place you have to fill which no one else can fill and there is something only you can do which no one else can do." Platon     

There is no time wasted when you yourself experienced it first hand and enjoyed every bit of it, there are ups and downs in life in which lessons are learned, we may have chosen the wrong path but as soon as we realized that it is not the one that we wanted, we tend to correct it in some ways. Starting over won't solve a thing about you, Change, and I see your reasons being very shallow. I understand that you want everything to fall into place just as you're expecting them to be, but how is it going to happen if you know deep inside that you are going to make mistakes in your choices and decisions in whatever you do in the future? It will happen over and over again, and you need to accept that.

You have made your choices, you stick to them. When you were a kid and you tripped over a stupid rock and had wounds, did you ask God to press the reset button of your life? When you had that bad relationship, did you give up and killed yourself? Ofcourse not, you accepted it and hoped for the best in the future. The same thing happens in every aspect of life, a wrong decision and mistakes is part of it, you need not to worry because everything will fall into place just as you are expecting them to be, given that you do not give up and just be yourself. Continue to grow, revel in your achievements no matter how small they are, use your experience and choices to better yourself and that is when true Change will be unearthed.

Now back to MD perspective. I myself have done this many times and all of the attempts were done in such a bad way, the reason being is to try and create a character to experience another phase of existence. I have tried to create alts after alts to express the different sides of me, but I arrived at one character and stuck to it; Lazarus. I haven't done anything in the past 5 years until I realized my character's true calling; not to annoy people, but to achieve something significant in the realm in which my people shall benefit. I tried comparing myself to others and it did nothing good for me, it made me jealous and envious about other people's achievements as well, so I Changed that, I tried to focus on my character and slowly, all the negative feelings faded. If the only reason of your existence in MD is to be on AL, perfectly chosen principles, name Change and AD's then you are thinking short, you should find a greater purpose that will fit you.

Remember, you gave a piece, or your whole self in MD and you should use it in a honest and positive way that can make a difference for both the realm and yourself. Discover, make an expedition on your self, rise, and live. This is the Change that you should be looking for, not the change that people expect from you.

Edited by Lazarus

Hmm, let me tell you something, Change.

All those people, including me, who come into the game with a -character- and are interested in the rp part of the game, are part of the norm. You are an exception, and instead of thinking yourself as special and unique, you think you are way behind others since you have not even decided who you are. Yes, you are change, but that is a word which everyone interprets in a different way and shows in a different way. Have you ever thought of yourself as a character who is never meant to be understood by others; who doesn't have a predefined "life as a character"? Someone who can be, or change into, whatever she wants, whenever she wants, being free, not being restricted by any land? Why must you try and be part of the norm when your character is not...

Instead, try and see how you actually truly fit in your character which you yourself created when you thought what was best, without anything else influence you, without you knowing that this is what you actually are and wish for, and not some cool fancy stuff which you notice in other characters that seems attractive to you temporarily.

Resetting your stats/principles/etc is and choosing them again sounds like you are born and when you finally realize what life is about, you want to restart and be born again with your desirable qualities. But no, you cannot have that chance, you're not meant to have that chance. You're meant to live with what you have the best way and find meaning and importance in it, and then you'll actually start enjoying it and eventually reach a realization, the best realization you will ever come to see in your life...

Of course, what I am saying here can be misunderstood, but try and grasp what I'm trying to say. If you wish to speak more, I'm only a PM away.

Edited by DARK DEMON

I do really appreciate all of the comments, and instead of saying all of the things that helped a tiny bit, I'll talk about the advice I just don't get.

@Menhir Thanks for that, but while you and your character may have changed drastically, were the two the same? The main reason why I'm tired of playing me is I'm tired of feeling insulted when my character is, I'm tired of feeling inadequate when my character feels inadequate, I'm tired of feeling lost when my character feels lost. Others have smartly made the choice to create a character that they can look up to, look down to, or even look beside to. I haven't created a character. I've joined MD like it's a roleplay chatroom without creating a character profile other than 'Me'.

I understand that you want everything to fall into place just as you're expecting them to be, but how is it going to happen if you know deep inside that you are going to make mistakes in your choices and decisions in whatever you do in the future? It will happen over and over again, and you need to accept that.

Yes, it will, and I'm sure Peace the player made mistakes that were not intentionally mistakes of Peace the character. But Peace the player, Dark Demon the player, and so on, all have things to aspire to, to look at to get them back on track. I don't have that. Yes, I could make an ideal of myself that I want to aspire to, but to truly reach it without roleplaying a character other than myself, I'd have to take just as long as I'd take to reach that state in real life. Roleplaying, while being something fun, is to me, a way to experiment with different feelings and selves and see how you and others respond to them. That experimentation takes place in a condensed period of time, even on a lengthy game like magicduel.

@Dark Demon: I did not think that the character that I created was best. I created it because I wanted to play magicduel again and I was relatively impatient, so instead of making a character, I made me. Big mistake, for reasons listed above. The 'cool fancy stuff' doesn't attract me temporarily, unless by temporarily you mean every single day I've been on magicduel. Every day I regret not having made a different character than myself. The only reason why I haven't started over before was because I felt the need to keep up Change for other people than myself. Ironically, when talking to Change in game, many of you have told her, and me, to do things for myself, not others. Well I've been keeping up Change for others, and not myself. I get nothing out of Change that I could get out of other characters. And while I suck at roleplaying, I want to roleplay. But I hate only starting to roleplay at 600 days old, and when I start to roleplay, what then? Roleplay a character about change (the concept) because everyone expects that due to my name. Change/myself don't like change, and seeing my reasoning for picking Change as a way to describe myself (I had changing perceptions of myself. Not anymore.) will continue to haunt me. A character is not 'free' if they're 'free' due to indecision.

The adventure log is mainly just a reminder of how I'm the exception, and I'm not the willing exception. I've never given roleplaying a chance because I've always thought it'd be too much to play a role in real life AND in a game. But things have changed. I'm playing a role in real life less and less and less. Now, I know a good deal of who I am in real life--those seven plus years of overthinking about myself have paid off. I have a good idea of my character, my strengths, weaknesses, things I'd like to improve, things I'd not like to improve. So when before I didn't feel ready for roleplaying, I do now. And I can't play two characters without being too busy. I already have a hard time finding time for one 'character' in MD, nevermind two. One of them has to die, and while it'd be nice if they could die in a roleplayed way, things often don't happen that way.

And by 'die' I don't necessarily mean die die. I might end up going onto myself, onto Change, once a week, and going onto my actual character the rest of the time.

You should do what allows you to have the most fun, as enjoying yourself will fuel activity. If you think it's hard for you to decide about yourself, why would you ever allow anyone else to decide for you? If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

That being said, I'd hate to see another wordplay name fade away. No one knows how to Change.

Thank you. The whole reason for this post has to been to please others rather than myself, and to hope that they can convince me that I'd actually be pleasing to myself to continue this too. Yes, it might be sad for Change, the name, to fade, and I'd rather someone had made Change other than me (though it'd feel weird due to using and identifying with change in other places years ago. My fault for choosing a common word to name myself.) but of course, that's impossible. No one can play myself/Change except me.

That's the problem. I haven't been having much fun most of the time. In fact, the most fun I've had has been during quests, the domain of Mur event, etc., things where I have a purpose. Getting the Taint recently has also been one of those things. With the Taint, I've gained a role to play other than myself, and while I'd rather it be not myself whose playing it, it's certainly far more fun than lacking a purpose, a character. I've had fun talking to people, true, but I can do that either on YIM, if magicduel ever gained an IRC channel, or if I log onto Change periodically.

Resetting your stats/principles/etc is and choosing them again sounds like you are born and when you finally realize what life is about, you want to restart and be born again with your desirable qualities. But no, you cannot have that chance, you're not meant to have that chance. You're meant to live with what you have the best way and find meaning and importance in it, and then you'll actually start enjoying it and eventually reach a realization, the best realization you will ever come to see in your life...

I don't want to be born with necessarily desirable qualities. I want to be born with different qualities. Yes, roleplaying yourself might be the best way to get something tangible out of MD, but I'm simply not up for it anymore. I encourage anyone to try what I did by default. It's not fun, let me tell you.

Really, all of this came out of me not having a character, or a name. While I often hate the names I create, that's because I tend to switch to using them to describe me instead of a character. I love art first, and writing second. One of the number one rules in both is to 'limit your palette'. I haven't done this. I haven't limited my palette to one character, and it's created a hot mess emotionally, even if others don't notice it.

I'd like to roleplay someone different than myself, but not vastly different, in magicduel. Really, the question should have been, should I do that in the form of a different character, or should I finally create a character out of Change? The character would have to not be about change because sorry, I'm incredibly sick of that small roleplay that was only created because I couldn't choose a name.

Edited by Change

Dark Demon the character turned out quite surprising, at least for me. You think I'd decided, when beginning, exactly what I was gonna do/be/act like? I believe the rest of MD should be able to tell you how indecisive I was and how much I kept "switching" between stuff like trying to be Death, then maybe leader of Guardians, or even The Restorer once, but none of them were really "me" even though I thought it that way and tried to be them. I used to think stuff like "maybe if my principles or name was XXX instead, I could play this role better", but now I am so glad I decided to stick to Dark Demon as I'd created him at the start, just from my intuition and not thinking how it would cause selection of race/class/skills like in other RPG's, and I'm happy playing him the way he is.

"But Peace the player, Dark Demon the player, and so on, all have things to aspire to, to look at to get them back on track."

To this I will just say that the only things I look back and reflect upon are my mistakes. I don't have a "way of playing" or a "pre-made role" written down somewhere which I refer to. When my "track" changes, I follow the change rather than trying to revert back to who I wanted to be. I'd rather accept who I am and start liking it, and hence develop it.

Change is a character you have created, and in my last post I indirectly suggested you to continue developing and making a unique character out of Change. You'll find you can do wonders with Change.

Also, I seem to think you misinterpret others' "premade characters". We have only decided their background beforehand, that's all. Whatever happens to our characters in game and how they develop is mostly real-time and related to how we, the actual players, would react and change.

You wouldn't believe how often I wished in-game my name wasn't Dark Demon, but then I see people named Peace as queen of the land of shades, someone named Sunfire a leader of the forest, a 12-year old playful child (who Syrian plays) as a Protector, and then realized that our roles come automatically the way we decide to play there and then everyday, not what we thought of when the game began...

Edited by DARK DEMON

I haven't created a character. I've joined MD like it's a roleplay chatroom without creating a character profile other than 'Me'.

So did I :) Aaand Im not really satisfied with this, but at the same time I am undecided. Picking a role means treating (in game) people you might know and like according to your role, which sometimes would mean disliking them. If you are ready to do that, you will find your role very soon. 

Really, creating a role is easy, but sticking to it is goddamn hard. I dont think you need to create a different character other than Change, but to ask yourself if you can stick to it. 

(btw, I am so lame I still treat MD as an rp chatroom)

So did I :) Aaand Im not really satisfied with this, but at the same time I am undecided. Picking a role means treating (in game) people you might know and like according to your role, which sometimes would mean disliking them. If you are ready to do that, you will find your role very soon. 

Really, creating a role is easy, but sticking to it is goddamn hard. I dont think you need to create a different character other than Change, but to ask yourself if you can stick to it.

YES.

Yes, and I get that, but no, Change is not a character I've created. Change has no backstory except my entire life and how it translates into MD. I've recently found out that there's at least one other person like me , but does that stop me from wanting to make another character? No. When did Peace decide that she was the daughter of Khalazdad? Before she started playing? Soon after? Long after? I'd have to ask Peace.

For me to have a backstory for Change that's other than my life, I'd have to pretend that she had a history that caused her to make the exact same choices that I'd make. 

@TheRichMerchant and Dark Demon. Yes, sticking to a role will be hard, but that's part of the fun of roleplaying to me. I've just never let myself do it much. I've finished the rough draft of a fantasy book before, and I loved making each and every one of the characters, and they were all different than me. The whole treating people according to your role is why it's so hard for me to be Change. Yes, the players behind the role characters might not treat someone like there character did, but it's hard not to take it personally when your character is you personally. If someone like Dark Demon the character insults me, for I am Change, then I know that the archetype of Dark Demon, that character, that personality, treats me in a certain way.

I feel like the only way for me to emotionally salvage Change is to write a backstory for her, and a backbackstory. The essential actions that she's took didn't have to be from me, they could have been from Change. History is written by the victors, and Change is still here, so she's a victor. I'm a victor. While I'd rather not have the active days to show that it took me 600+ days to write a backstory, I can't undo that for Change. Change's backstory is, she worried about what land she'd join, she joined the Fusioneers, she became a Protector, she tried to start the Coloured Paper (if someone wants to take that over from me, please do, but I might try and salvage it soon TM), she left the Fusioneers, etc. Thinking about it, I feel like doing that will put me on a more level footing with other characters who wrote their backstory by writing it, not by playing it. It might be even possible for Change to change her name if I want to get rid of all that change nonsense. So now, Change is starting MD. She'll have a backstory. Her character will be fairly fleshed out, but she'll still have room to change from her past going forward.

However, as a writer I scream for the chance to write a character with a backstory starting out. I like doing that, I've just always doubted my characters, so I never stuck to it in my teens. Are you saying I should have to go to another game for that chance? Now that I know a good bit of the story of magicduel, I'd like to create a character that fits into that story. No good characters are perfect, they have flaws, even imperfect flaws. I don't want a perfect character. I want a character. Perhaps I can play two--some do, after all. Although it's discouraged. Of course Change will have to be less active, maybe active every few days-a week sometimes while I develop my new character after writing her backstory. But as a writer, I really do want my characters to be involved in the story of magicduel. Sure, it's selfish. Maybe it's even shallow, but that's what I'd like.

Now that I know a good bit of the story of magicduel, I'd like to create a character that fits into that story. 

Writing a character and playing it is different. You will find that playing your role gets you quite close to the ”rp chatroom” feel. I you dont do that (rp chatroom feel),if you are 100% commited to your role and play it to perfection, you will feel distressed, you will not enjoy it and you will start hating it and quit in the end :( Sooo how about letting go of doubts and try to simplify everything? See if you can find your role. If you cant, start writing a book - see how tha works out.

See, I've been in multiple roleplay chatrooms before. I'm used to that. While sometimes in the chatrooms we acted out of character, sometimes we roleplayed significant events, or even minor events. I'd like to do this with magicduel. I'm trying to find my role, but one of my desired roles would require Change to do a seemingly complete 360, and that's just bad roleplaying. I'd need to roleplay lengthily about why she did that 360. Easier, I think, to simplify Change as you said, write her backstory based on real events she's done in magicduel, and go from there.

But playing Change now is almost like playing a randomly generated character. I didn't choose her, especially the simplified her. There's only so much I can twist her to be like by simplifying. I'd much rather play a character of my choosing.

Why can't I play two characters though? Change is mature enough of a character that I'd only need to log on with her for roleplay events, or when I feel like it. She's not a protector, and she's not going to be a member of an alliance, so she has no day to day pressing commitments. The only problem I forsee is if both Change and newcharacter get caught up in world events. Would it be possible to play both? Would it be allowed?

Edit: Also, I only ever wrote the rough draft of that novel. Magicduel would be no different. :)

Edited by Change

I might meddle too much in this :) If you create a new char, it will have to deal with the current issues of MD. Knowing the history of MD will prove useful maybe on the long term, but right now you can only create someone who belongs to this ”time”. I dont know how to explain it, really, but a good rp right now would be a ”new” rp.

I know it would be a new rp. It's just that before, I didn't read or know of much of the story. That was entirely my fault. Now, unlike before, it's impossible to be born in a place other than no man's land, sadly. No more Peaces are possible. I don't get why someone can't be born in marind bell or necrovion. The only reason is the newbie story which is outdated. But that's how it is. It's impossible to roleplay a character born in a land unless you said that they got kicked out or left temporarily, but that's another discussion.

I'd roleplay my character in the now, but I'd know what that now is. My character wouldnt, but I can give them traits that will likely lead them in a particular general direction.

Edit: Yes, I realize that Peace was only possible due to no active days existing when she was created. It would be neat if you were able to get your role/character approved to be born in a different land. "I wan join necro plz" requests would be rejected with good ideas/reasons considered. Like in some games where you have to play one character before earning the right to make a different one of a more roleplay intensive class, known players would have an advantage. I'll make a suggestion soon.

Edited by Change

There are so many good points here, I can only add a brief summary of my own personal experience.   Your mileage may Will vary, of course.

I joined MD in a similar fashion.   Maebius was mostly Me, Nate.  I have the Hat, physically on my head when I played quite a lot.  Yes, I filtered that through the lens of MagicDuel's realm and specific flavor, but I generally kept me as 'me' as if I were there in that place surrounded by folks and angien discussions and sundry.

Then, a while later, I wanted to try things in a different light.   I created a Character of Gort Hedera, who had a sorta personality, (but was STILL really just a part of me I wanted to play with under the veil of internet-anonymity!) and had a lot of fun with it.   I didn't really keep her identity a secret if people asked, but also tried to keep that character completely removed from Me.  It was a mask I put on, and toyed with, when the mood struck.

Both characters (and the other minor very unplayed alts I have) were other experiments to test out a way of thinking, or viewing the world.   

Both Maebius and Gort had value for their own unique reasons.

I have far too many alts, some to map out Story-mode paths, some to try a different personality play-acting, etc. 

Different playstyle=different character.  Most didn't work out beyond MP4, so sleep eternally now.

My suggestion, whenever I hear folks say something along the lines of  "But I want to keep playing, yet I don't want to play XYZ" is to ask why you can't do both?  

It's not exactly an either-or world here, it can be a both/and.

You may be judged by others, but really, the only REAL judge of whether it works or not is yourself.  

Nothing wrong with trying.  :)

Edit to add:   in your specific case, I don't see why Change can't change.  you say it may "require you to RP a complete 360"   (which is a full circle back to where you started, fyi.)    If it required a 180 degree flip-flop, well,  there's always Mirror-symbolism.   Balance, and whatnot.  Cyclicity?  Imagination?    Nothing prevents that.  Heck. Maebius even went rogue and killed people, which surprised a few folks.  I got at least two "that's so out of character, what the heck?!" messages, but that was still "me", right?

Edited by Maebius

It could be worse, you could have named your character Princ Rhaegar :P

(I would seriously like for a name change option to be possible for older players, just let the old names be logged on a new "paper", like the public log, or something. Maybe I should start a new topic about this...)

Anyhows, the problem is only if your name symbolizes something that doesn't have anything to do with your character/who you are.

The name Change is not such, because you do manifest change, with this topic for instance. If you do not like change, then it's still a legit name because it is your opposite, and opposite is just the other side of the same coin, let it be an ironic name.

I don't think you should be concerned with activity days too much, this isn't really a race.

This is a game after all (despite the warning sign that it is not a game), so you play it to have fun and learn something from the experience, go where your gut tells you to go, if that means make a new character, do it.

Don't concern yourself with the evolution of other characters, just go where you feel comfortable in wider sense.

You shouldn't try to make 99% of your activity days represent a perfect character and an achieved life, whatever, that sounds a lot stressful.

Also, certain characters that you mentioned weren't as consistent as you imply them to be, such things are rare.

Rophs the Seedwalker wasn't ever then intention of me (the player). Rophs the Seedwalker "happened". When Rophs was a bustling new mp3 his player had previous knowledge about the basics of MD from playing aaront222 years before (yes that was me :P) and he skipped many of the more common early interactions new players experience. Rophs didn't get to ask about the beserker's puzzle, the LR guards, what an item was, how creatures worked, and nobody really got to "meet" him. Rophs's player had the difficult task of making Rophs do stuff, when there wasn't really much for him to do. He grabbed a pickle to get his papers, unsure of what to put in them and was lucky/unlucky to get stuck at Awiiya's way when Awiiya was there. They talked, and Rophs grew fond of Awiiya, asking if Awi ever got lonely, if Rophs could help him see the outside world. Awiiya told Rophs to get a Rock from Golemus, a Leaf from Loreroot, a Shadow from Necrovion, and Brulant from LotE. Rophs visited GG during BFH's DoF and picked up a rock from Fenth's Beach. Bla bla bla, Rophs did stuff with Awi, Awi is awesome but never plays so I call him stump... The player remembered seeing Awi and a few other people talking to "the seeds" and had heard Awi casually refer to them when his character (Rophs) talked to Awi. The player decided to send a PM to Handy Pockets while she was idle at Wind's Sanctuary. Kets brought Rophs to each of the seeds, his first Seedwalk. Rophs was the type of character to enjoy a Seedwalk, so he did some more Seedwalks. People asked for logs of the Seedwalks, so I copy and pasted them into notepad and then into the forum topic, acousticremains happened (and now logs are even easier :D). Someone somewhere decided that Rophs doing Seedwalks was a good thing and then he got his title, description, and Bubble Weaver.

Just let Change happen

edit: I chose the name Rophs for no reason in particular, it was on some website that came up when I Googled names.

Edited by Rophs

Things such as "when Peace decided to become daughter of Khal" can happen a few days into the game, or a few years.

Talking from DD's (my character's perspective), I decided to become Vicious Chaossword's brother a few days into the game when we started rp-ping together, and it sorta came naturally. Almost right after that my relationship with Lin began.

Years later, I met this guy due to random curiosity (his name is Granos :P) who just changed me completely once again and gave me a purpose in MD. I never knew that, did I? :)

We were already treating each other as brother and sister, no difference if the actual players suddenly made it official. These things develop over time, it wasn't random like I walk up to Amber and claim she's my sister lol :P

About the Granos thing... well, he introduced many things to me including the Taint, and I was impressed by his roleplay, and from that point on I started my own roleplaying concerning Void and Taint (not that the two are linked :P)... now you tell me, could I have ever thought I'd pursue this during the first year and a half of my time in MD?

There is absolutely no harm in creating an alt. My only objection to your creating another account was that you would do it just to select principles or change your name again... which would show you never really found meaning in it.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Do what you want. If you wish to create a new character and explore new things then do so. If Change fades to allow you to be happy with playing in md then I am sure some may be upset but this should be about what you want.

I did not create StrongWilled Legna with a purpose as I did with Assira. I have/had a lot of alts to explore different things. And honestly I have enjoyed playing Assira more than Legna since creating Assira. Assira interests me and I like exploring the character. In rl I am a mixture of the two but at the same time neither of them. I have to be in a certain mood to play as Legna. So if you are not interested/ in the mood to play as Change, I understand.

. No one knows how to Change.

I agree with Pip in all tois post, especially in the above quote. :)

A change is good if you mean it, but changing just for the sakeof it would kill your char.
My idea on the big chars in MD are those that they play themselves even if they didn't started that way. Some time a char decision is made even from out of game reasons because that is who you are and decisions in MD to change your char will change you in RL.
So, Change, play youself it is easiest and most fun ( there are no rules to obey then just be you) and ... the advantage is that you can change whenever you want. No real person or fictive char is fixed, everyone evolves.
You can be bitcy today/this month and an angel the next. It is ... just a mood and we all agree that girls are moody above all else (except revengefull).

Just be carefull to have little fun everyday otherwise "choose again".
_________
boy do i miss my spellchecker from pc Edited by No one