Ann 3215 - Multiple Tags Functional

Kyphis the Bard

• Root Admin

Someone please confirm if the duplicates have vanished or not.
I will reset all tags if not..there was a problem with the update script.

As a concept ..this new way is in mely opinion not just much better but also fundamentally different than what i initially had in mind.

i believe that "god given tags" should not be different from any other tag. That way all tags will share same potential importance and their actual value will be given by their score not by who granted it

• Root Admin

i believe that "god given tags" should not be different from any other tag. That way all tags will share same potential importance and their actual value will be given by their score not by who granted it

And I disagree with this, I prefer it how Mur originally planned it so that we specifically had jobs and titles, keeps the addictiveness higher. But meh.

• Root Admin

I don't get it, how it was supposed to be? It looks pretty cool to me like this.

originally there would be two "levels" of tags.

Primary one, or descriptive one. This would be purely cosmetic and give you a title in MD. This would be related to your role.

The second one, would be a job related title. This would be something that would influence your skills and other things. These are the ones that would evolve and be obtained more easily than the more RP related primary tags.

The double tag vanished, but I suddenly have an ending to the tag descriptions that wasn't there before. In the Interface it shows as "rn", in the actual descrip it shows up as "\r\n".

Is there a specific order to who got a type 1 or type 2 tag?

Edited by Shadowseeker

The double tag vanished, but I suddenly have an ending to the tag descriptions that wasn't there before. In the Interface it shows as "rn", in the actual descrip it shows up as "\r\n".

I believe it is a code error. The same is the case for my Ethereal Ring... that has "\r\n" in its description too, and I was told its a code error.

• Root Admin

I believe it is a code error. The same is the case for my Ethereal Ring... that has "\r\n" in its description too, and I was told its a code error.

See bug thread: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15971-tag-description-bug/

Maybe this was mentioned/discussed elsewhere (if so, pls point this out to me) but how does all this affect the summon by tag system?

Has the "summon tag" to be selected as secondary tag?

Does it have to be "visible" at all for it to work? (i.e. can a member chose not to be summoned?)

How to add/remove members from the group?

many people with dual tags such as "child of necrovion (death guard)" dont have the option to select this. by setting Child of Necrovion as the primary, and Death Guard as the secondary, the secondary tag will not be visible, is this intentonal? the only way to have these dual tags is to have someone change your tag for you, and manually set it to have both visible, however doing this only seems to have 1 tag active in the "Available tags" UI, in my case, having Azull set my tag to "child of necrovion (death guard)" only sets death guard, as the active tag, instead of both of them. 

• Root Admin

Maybe this was mentioned/discussed elsewhere (if so, pls point this out to me) but how does all this affect the summon by tag system?

Does it have to be "visible" at all for it to work? (i.e. can a member chose not to be summoned?)

It should be, this is the issue with Mur changing his plans. He will fix the spell, I made a bug report.

The second tag should be visible in brackets. No tags should have brackets in them now.

The item should be modified to work with this new system. Again Mur should fix this, bug report already on forum.

I read the 'type' as 'level', after the history of Mur making plans and the words being changed afterwards... Where level 2 would mean 'unique' and level 1 would mean 'common', making 2 the better rating than 1. Doesn't come intuitive with 'type', right? :))

What i meant to say was, my real tag is type 2, and embers of kelle'tha is type 1, so i would assume that type 2 is the code for 'unique + description', and type 1 is the code for 'not unique, description optional', such as the land groups, knator's guards, molquert's guards etc.

• Root Admin

We clearly need an announcement and/or forum post from Mur/Chew describing and clarifying how exactly the system works, and is supposed to work :))

The problem is is that Mur has changed how it was all planned and I dont know how much of that was itentional until he replies to my emails. Personally I think it should be working as it was previously described and everyone can find out.

The major issue is that Council and I worked towards this tag plan, so everything is set up properly for it and now Mur changed how he wanted to implement it screwing up loads of things. Personally I still think it should be implemented as it was planned as that will also help a lot of issues be resolved. But until Mur replies, we dont know whats going on and its all a little bit broken.

My Death Guard is type2 :P

See, this is the issue, standards...

• Root Admin

type is something i will use to track how you got that tag, for now its not use other ways than type 2, i will probably give tags i manually edit a type 1, automated collected tags from your current tag will be type 2, type 3 will be tags given by somethign scripted but stored directly to the tags list not given as active tags. For now you should consider tag type as an admin flag, not to be used yet to influence gameplay.

[removed some rude content]

Please understand i can not trace plans done ages ago to the letter..its simply not the way i work. I gave you the initial plan for multiple tags, you could have alter it as you wish, or do it as such, anyway nothing happend (in general with a25) so i started to do it...but i am doing as i have it in mind now, thats slightly different ...also because i dont remember many things also because i might have better ideas. 

Thank you for reminding me anyway.

Edited by Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

its not lack of respect , its reaction to your lack of appreciation ;)

Sorry for the rude replies, i have nothing against the work you did so far related to the tags. don't generalise my rudeness.

current brackets tags will need changes to work with ..lets call it "my system" ..so i am willing to do those changes. the rest is sent by email. here won't be any trouble for you to migrate to the new system.

My questions remain :)

The summon tag will likely have to be selected in some way.

The item should still work at it does.

But no more details can be given until Mur fixes it.

Yesterday we tested the Death Guard Horn and I confirm it works only on those having Death Guard as main tag.

Since switching tags is now possible, it kinda makes sense for it to work that way imo.