Secret Santa - Rophsmas 2014

Rophs

Eara did it last year, I'll do it this year.

What you need to do:

Send me a CTC or and ITC via ForumPM and that you wish to enter into the Gift Pool before 12/23/2014 (M/D/Y) at 23:59:59 ST.

What happens next:

During Christmas (maybe a little after) you'll get a ForumPM with a CTC or ITC of the gift you are receiving

FINAL LIST of people I have a CTC/ITC from:

• Azrafar
  • powle
  • Assira the Black (Hiria)
  • Eagle Eye
  • DARK DEMON
  • Sunfire
  • Aelis
  • Asthir (Myth)
  • Ailith
  • Lania
  • Grido
  • Rex Umbrae Killer (Rex)
  • Miq
  • Intrigue
  • Mur
  • Sasha Lilias
  • Change
  • Rikstar
  • Valoryn
  • Tal
  • AmberRune
  • Witty
  • Clock Master
  • blackshade rider
  • Lexier
  • Eara
  • february
  • Princ
  • anonymous letter
  • Nimrodel
  • JadenDew
  • TheRichMerchant
  • MRAlyon
  • Kyphis
  • Samon
  • tankfans
  •  
Edited by Rophs

What are you on at the moment?

As usual I will be giving out gifts this year but mine shall be to those I see in game and online. However, if you are still lacking for your forum gifting spree then let me know and I'm sure I can spare you a few.

~Sasha

Still only one person has participated so far

Aye, if you give you're on the list and must receive. If one person is left out of the destination list, there will be one gift with no destination.

As for the mechanism:

- player provides a present

- same player is added to a "destination list"

- presents get randomized

- players receive presents in the random order determined above

Edited by Myth

Aye, if you give you're on the list and must receive. If one person is left out of the destination list, there will be one gift with no destination.

Just what I was thinking.

Well in that case I am unable to help I'm afraid! I would say I'd donate so that people may enter without giving, but that would ruin the point of the fun...

If there is still only one person in 24 hours, then I will be the second and take part so the other may receive a gift. :)

~Sasha

• Root Admin

Rophs, send me the details of whatever the white elephant sale.

Anyone that wishs to participate, we may "boost" some of the gifts exchanged.

Bonus points, Write a christmas message to the person who will be recieving your gift. Rophs contact me to finalise this.

Also, change the topic name to something a little more offical.

Sign me up, send me all the details. Dont send any CTC's to anyone yet rophs. Yim me tommorrow.

PS: CID 61

Ave,

Why not run this like Eara?

1. Post your name in this thread until deadline time.
  2. Send me a forum PM with the name and CTC/ITC of your gift creature/item etc. until the deadline.
  3. Deliver your gift to the person after you got the name.

Guess Mur and I cant participate then :(

Send me a CTC or and ITC via ForumPM and that you wish to enter into the Gift Pool before 12/23/2014 (M/D/Y) at 23:59:59 ST.

The deadline has been there D:

Although seeing how bad I am at organizing things sometimes there /might/ be some kind of delay :P

I would like to file an official compliant on the activities taken here and by the individual running this known as Rophs. file:///Users/Mundo/Desktop/2014-12-22-my-entry-2.html (Not sure if the link work Kinda new to all this)

I dont understand WHY I HAVE to give ROPHS specifically the entire CTC when he doesn't NEED it for me to be counted in the pool. If the entire CTC was required in order to participate he had two full days to tell me. Added my submission on December 21 while his contest ended on December 23 at 23:59:59.

The object was to have a secret santa which by definition is: 

secret Santa

noun 

1. a system whereby each member of a group chooses at randomanother member of the group for whom to buy a Christmas presentat an agreed cost, so that each member buys one present andreceives one present
  2. a person chosen in this way to buy another person's Christmaspresent

The point is to give and receive a gift between a groups of friends correct? So why does Rophs need to have or feel like he needs to have the entire CTC in order to participate. The bottom line is that I don't trust him period and it wasn't until MD officially took over the thread that i decided to join. Last year I did it but because I trusted Eara. 

Now today I get a pm saying that ropes need the entire CTC in order to participate well why? was my question and he said we are doing it different this year  check the thread >.>...... Well I did and the thread said

"Send me a CTC or and ITC via ForumPM and that you wish to enter into the Gift Pool before 12/23/2014 (M/D/Y) at 23:59:59 ST."

It does not say full CTC and again IF the entire CTC was needed why not tell me with 2 days in advance notice when in fact he even made a joke about it after my submission. of.. "Not entire CTC  :P

Smart Junior making sure I don't run away with it"

This is true I did not wish to give him the ctc because things can go south the event could fail and now what? I have a creature CTC out there that could be stolen. The bottom line is that I was denied an opportunity to participate in an event because I did not trust the host even though I was willing to comply with the CTC and guidelines and would deliver the gift to whom ever I got Just as I did last year with no problems at all. So there is my complaint I did not enjoy an event because Rophs wouldn't allow me even though the event itself no longer "belonged" to him after MD officially took over. 

(mods can move this if it, this is not the place for it)

*edit* At this point I no longer wish to be included in the event as I don't feel comfortable anymore. I will see during Christmas if I decide to surprise my own secret Santa at GOE. Even if I don't receive anything because for me its about giving.

Edited by Juni0r