Secret Santa - Rophsmas 2014

Rophs

( i would suggest one of the judges to deal with this )

No, you've misinterpreted my OP. I don't seek punishment or anything from the pool its fine, I simply wanted to have people aware of the injustice done by Rophs. Like I said the season is about giving and being with those who you care for, so again there is nothing to deal with. Rophs has made his decision now and so have I. Good Luck and Merry Christmas 

I will not deal with this because I don't like rophs.

I think a judge can objectively check if the gifting was done properly. You just need to make a list of items given and items recieved, by asking us participants.

If the two lists match, than it is ok. If not then Rophs was naughty.

• Root Admin

I dont understand WHY I HAVE to give ROPHS specifically the entire CTC when he doesn't NEED it for me to be counted in the pool. If the entire CTC was required in order to participate he had two full days to tell me. Added my submission on December 21 while his contest ended on December 23 at 23:59:59.

Because I am dealing with pimping the prizes a little more and want you to send the entire CTC.

If you have a complaint come see me.

If you wish to participate send me the full CTC before I finish organising the transfers (before christmas day essentially)

I would like to file an official compliant on the activities taken here and by the individual running this known as Rophs. file:///Users/Mundo/Desktop/2014-12-22-my-entry-2.html (Not sure if the link work Kinda new to all this)

I dont understand WHY I HAVE to give ROPHS specifically the entire CTC when he doesn't NEED it for me to be counted in the pool. If the entire CTC was required in order to participate he had two full days to tell me. Added my submission on December 21 while his contest ended on December 23 at 23:59:59.

The object was to have a secret santa which by definition is: 

secret Santa

noun 

1. a system whereby each member of a group chooses at randomanother member of the group for whom to buy a Christmas presentat an agreed cost, so that each member buys one present andreceives one present
  2. a person chosen in this way to buy another person's Christmaspresent

The point is to give and receive a gift between a groups of friends correct? So why does Rophs need to have or feel like he needs to have the entire CTC in order to participate. The bottom line is that I don't trust him period and it wasn't until MD officially took over the thread that i decided to join. Last year I did it but because I trusted Eara. 

Now today I get a pm saying that ropes need the entire CTC in order to participate well why? was my question and he said we are doing it different this year  check the thread >.>...... Well I did and the thread said

"Send me a CTC or and ITC via ForumPM and that you wish to enter into the Gift Pool before 12/23/2014 (M/D/Y) at 23:59:59 ST."

It does not say full CTC and again IF the entire CTC was needed why not tell me with 2 days in advance notice when in fact he even made a joke about it after my submission. of.. "Not entire CTC  :P

Smart Junior making sure I don't run away with it"

This is true I did not wish to give him the ctc because things can go south the event could fail and now what? I have a creature CTC out there that could be stolen. The bottom line is that I was denied an opportunity to participate in an event because I did not trust the host even though I was willing to comply with the CTC and guidelines and would deliver the gift to whom ever I got Just as I did last year with no problems at all. So there is my complaint I did not enjoy an event because Rophs wouldn't allow me even though the event itself no longer "belonged" to him after MD officially took over. 

(mods can move this if it, this is not the place for it)

*edit* At this point I no longer wish to be included in the event as I don't feel comfortable anymore. I will see during Christmas if I decide to surprise my own secret Santa at GOE. Even if I don't receive anything because for me its about giving.

There are many others who trusted Rophs (see original post) with their stuff, and you also saw that Chew is very much involved too. It his HIS event, he can run it any way he likes and you do not have to participate if you don't like to. If you don't trust him and Chew, after seeing that so many others do, then IMO that's your problem and not his/Chew's.

I'm pretty sure they won't match, seeing as how Mur put in... 4 gifts, was it? :P

Something changed in the mechanism, along the way, and I'm not sure what it is.

But you can put those 4 gifts on the "items given" lists and people will state what they got (to the judge) and if it was given away properly then it will make it's way to the "items recieved" list and it will match. You just compare the two pools (the ones given and the ones recieved).

Edited by Azrafar

There are many others who trusted Rophs (see original post) with their stuff, and you also saw that Chew is very much involved too. It his HIS event, he can run it any way he likes and you do not have to participate if you don't like to. If you don't trust him and Chew, after seeing that so many others do, then IMO that's your problem and not his/Chew's.

You mean all the other of one person who was signed up to participate before MD officially began backing the event? Like I said I only joined because MD joined and once I saw Rophs still managed it I simply wanted to be safe that is all. 

Because I am dealing with pimping the prizes a little more and want you to send the entire CTC.

If you have a complaint come see me.

If you wish to participate send me the full CTC before I finish organising the transfers (before christmas day essentially)

Done easy explanation why couldn't Rophs say that? All he said was because we are doing it different. I have sent Chewett my CTC.

What I meant was, there will be more gifts in the pool than there will be people on the list. :P

Then there will be a separate pool for the surpluss gift. That also has to go somewhere right? Returned to the sender or someone gets double gift (the second one from Mur) 

The principle is simple, I think judges can work with it.

• Root Admin

All secret santa presents have been processed and taken, if yours hasnt been taken I havent got it. Send me a PM to submit your final secret santa, Not all of them were valid ITC/CTC's so im waiting til everyone has submitted them. Will be processing more tomorrow night so people might get them sent out then!

All secret santa presents have been processed and taken, if yours hasnt been taken I havent got it. Send me a PM to submit your final secret santa, Not all of them were valid ITC/CTC's so im waiting til everyone has submitted them. Will be processing more tomorrow night so people might get them sent out then!

I checked the CTC to MDC of every singe one I set you. Check the unorganized list in the ForumPM I sent you, the last character of a few might have been accidentallied when I organized them

• Root Admin

All sent out except to:

Asthir
anonymous letter

Who I couldnt directly find forum accounts for, please contact me.

One entry was refused, as I didnt consider a newly purchased tree a valid secret santa.

Thanks to Rophs for doing a large amount of co-ordination.