Shop RP Item wrong

Grido

Just seen this item in my RP shop;

5 inch Popsicle
Gigantic Popsicle that's exactly 15 centimeters long.

ugh, American spelling.

But anyway, main issue here is that 5 inches is not 15cm.... it's very much not, if you want to be exact it's 12.7cm (according to google), but roughly speaking it'd be 2.5in/cm = 12.5cm, which means if it's 15cm, it'd actually be closer to 6in(15.24cm)... Not sure exactly which way round this might want to be edited, I'd imagine the simplest way is to edit the name to 6 inch Popsicle, and ignore that it's not actually exactly 15cm.

• Root Admin

There are also a lot of items with no caps or incorrect punctuation.... Kyphis wasn't supposed to fix those?

I told that these were to be fixed by archivists before being implemented and therefore we shouldn't change them... Would have asked people to fix them up if this wasnt going to happen...

On a slightly more professional note:

Kyphis read through and approved all descriptions for spelling/grammar, If something is amis I think he should be the first to reason why it wasnt changed :)

I was explicitly told not to change things.

The Archivists task was to identify unsuitable items, not to adjust the meaning of the items.

I would have preferred for the Archivists to take a more intensive role in checking spelling and grammar, but Mur instructed us not to do that unless it was extreme (and even in that case, we just isolated the entry for Mur to review himself, as he instructed us to)

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

IMO "imperfect grammar" being a filter of sorts is stupid -_-  (according to a newbie's first impression)

Such things give wrong impressions about the game, eg: it may make newbies think that developers don't work hard, or are careless, etc. Sure, we don't want every single player in the world, MD is restricted to a certain type indeed, but this is just nonsense. Especially in a shop section which people pay for.

• Root Admin

I was explicitly told not to change things.

The Archivists task was to identify unsuitable items, not to adjust the meaning of the items.

I would have preferred for the Archivists to take a more intensive role in checking spelling and grammar, but Mur instructed us not to do that unless it was extreme (and even in that case, we just isolated the entry for Mur to review himself, as he instructed us to)

All items will be reviewed, spell checked, grammar checked and capitalised properly in the coming days. Items already given out will have descriptions and titles modified.

• 4 years later...