Pet rock

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

as you can probably found out already, i want to grow some rocks... it will be a slow process i admin, but, i got time. In fact, i have unlimited time, but thats a tricky story.

So... artworks are in progress, but, what should a pet rock do? I know what a wild rock does, but a tamed one? hmmmm.......

Who has the most creative, cute/funny ideas about how to code my future pet rock herd, assuming i will get one (and i have high connections, i might) , will receive a tiny baby rock to raise for his own, when such a thing will be created.

(long term, will take time to code it but more time to gather the rocks :P..plus i have a pending imaginary cow waiting as well, the cow will get mad... )

A tamed pet rock would follow it's master's orders, like...

Stay --- removed from inventory for X seconds and "fixed to the scene", increases visc in that scene to max for X seconds. (X = 10000? Acting as a blockage?)

Morale --- moral support from your pet rock, by simply existing! Halves your regen time (from 100% to 50%) for 1 hour. Rock can be passed to someone else to give this effect too maybe?

Play dead --- disappears from inventory for a day, but _reduces_ morale instead of increasing it, by simple not-existing! Increases regen time by half (from 100% to 150%) for 1 hour. Rock can be passed to someone else to give this effect too maybe?

Return --- returns the rock to owner's inventory, removes all effects, etc.

Roll over dance --- performs a rolling over dance to entertain you and your creatures! Heals all creatures to full vit! (1 day cooldown)

Hit --- whacks itself on the enemy's head, reducing their VE by 10% (3 hour cooldown?)

Will add more when I get more ideas :P

Edited by DARK DEMON

Pet Rock

Can roll over 10 players or more than, The player/character gotcha the pet rock on the chat screen of the character Bloom a Star Shining and golden around the realm of the character.

Pet Rock

This pet rock is useful when you use a combined item. Every combined you finish this pet rock slowly grow. The more you combined the item the better.

Pet Rock

This pet rock can make and craft a tools with the desired of the requirements to make a tools and a item.

If this is not a creature ... then disregard all of the below.

-------------------------

If it will be a creature ... lets make something never done before in MD, but first, lets consider some naming for them:

Level 1: pebble

Level 2: cobble

Level 3: stone

Level 4: rock

Level 5: boulder

Level 6: Little John

Pebble - sort of marble sized, you can get several in one hand. Good for poking someones eye with it.

Cobble - well sized stone. Best ammo for a sling shot
Stone - up to about fist size or slightly bigger, can be held in one hand. Great for breaking heads.
Rock - needs two hands to lug around, you are not going to carry this far. Good for starting an avalanche
Boulder - this isn't going anywhere. Where you see it is where it stays. Best cover you can get in a battle.

Little John - it ... it moves

So, one unconceivable concept would be : growing creatures it with resources (no age requirement, no wins or heat requirements) and thus create the requirement named : "feedings" (a.k.a "3 feedings required" instead of "3 days required")

Something like :

• Pebble to Cobble : need to manually feed the Pebble a few days with sand
  • Cobble to stone : add some more sand
  • Stone to rock : need to manually feed the Stone with some memory stones
  • Rock to boulder : feed it some more stones
  • Boulder to ... John size: need to manually feed it some timeless dust

Another unconceivable concept would be : A creature with no default stats

Consider that you can feed this creature with 3 or 4 resouces (like sand, stones, timeless dust, or whatever) and its stats will grow accordingly, like

• adding 1 sand would increase : would increase briskness ( sand moves faster ... with the wind)
  • adding 1 memory stone : would increase randomly attack or defense (as it breaks heads)
  • adding 1 timeless dust : would increase power

Unfortunately, the creature will require 23h between feedings.

23h so that you don't lose the days, so you can feed your creature every day at the same time ,lets say between 10:00 and 10:59 and feeding time being stored as just the hour 10.

Unconceivable concept number 3 : Unlimited creature

As Little John can move, it can also gather resources of his own. (not really collecting resource even if it would be interesting)

So, at this level you can feed your creature as much as you want. It could be the first creature that can have 1k attack of its own.

Unconceivable concept number 4 : Retraining your creature

As all the other creatures, when transfered, keep their heat, this creature should keep all its resources as a bag. When you re-train/re-grow this creature, if it has in its bag the resource you want to use for training it ... it should use that one.

Unconceivable concept number 5 : Creature with no predefined targets or skills

Each level increase will check the stats and add one or more targets & skills like

• if you added more sand then anything else, as the creature would be quicker, it should add / increase from "single" attack to "multiple" to "all" and will add  "slow" as ability
  • if you added more memory stones then anything else, as the creature gets more precise, it should add / increase add the "slow", "weaken" and "sharp shooting"
  • for timeless dust, it should gain "defend", "martirism"

Or, for a certain number or resources across all levels it should gain a certain target or ability, like:

• for 20 sand, gain slow
  • for 40 sand, 10 stones, gain weaken
  • for 20 stone, 3 timeless dust , gain martirism
  • for 40 sand, gain target multiple

and so on. The only problem is that even if the creature learns all those skills and targets, it will only use what is default set in the creature page. So you can change there how it will behave in all the already set rituals. (this is so that you don't have to change the combat framework except from checking the target & skill before a combat)

I will think for more later ... if you find it interesting.

for a pet rock everything turns around music

everything they do, they do with a song

let me give you a few examples

when they're angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNGGfkn5z4g

when there is a birth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKhTk0IynHM

when there is a death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjJFT8TL1cI

when they're racing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Z8Sxc7M-s 

when they're sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKY-smJ6aBQ

You could use it for crushing and relieving frustration. :3 Faithful pet bears everything. 

Coming to the mechanics, could give you rock fragments after being bashed.. bashing utilises ap ofc.. and it has a cooldown. rock fragments could serve as raw material like timeless dust and syntropic dust like mortar for item/building creation.

btw.. pet rock is a giftable item in dragonage origins .. given to [spoiler]Shale the golem[/spoiler]

Item ideas

Affect AP:

• Item function: Trip (increasesceneap)
  • Item function description: Increases scene's exit AP cost by x*y (being AP amount, y being amount of rocks owned.)
  • Item triggered description: Your rock(s) trip up players around you! X AP added to leave scene.
  • Item cool down time:  10,800 seconds
  • Effect duration: 3,600 seconds

• Item function: Heavy weight (increaseplayerap)
  • Item function description: Increases scene's exit AP cost by x*y (being AP amount, y being amount of rocks owned.)
  • Item triggered description: Your rock(s) hide in a players pocket and weighs them down! AP increase requirement in movement.
  • Item cool down time: 172,800 seconds
  • Effect duration: 1,800 seconds

Block;

• Item function: Block attack (shieldcreatures)
  • Item function description: Blocks enemy attacks for a short time.
  • Item triggered description: Your rock(s) defend your creatures for a short time.
  • Item cool down time:  345, 600 seconds
  • Effect duration: 7,200 seconds

• Item function: Block movement (movelock)
  • Item function description: Blocks enemy movement for a short time.
  • Item triggered description: Your rock(s) stop the target from moving for a short time.
  • Item cool down time:  24,000 seconds
  • Effect duration: 1,200 seconds

Gathering;

• Item function: Gather stones (harvestmemorystone)
  • Item function description: Harvests memory stone from loaction.
  • Item triggered description: Your rock(s) work hard (depending on outcome) and manage to dig up a memory stone!/ but didn't find anything.*
  • Success rate: 1 stone = x% chance. Each extra stone increases gathering success probability by x%
  • Item cool down time:  3,600 seconds

• Item function: Transmute (refillmemorystone)
  • Item function description: By consuming one pet rock and 2 fenths, refill location's memory stone count by 1.
  • Item triggered description: "Oh no! Your rock ate some of your fenths and mutated into something else!"
  • Item cool down time:  3,600 seconds

Creature

Level 1- Pet Rock

Stats:

• Vital energy: 10/10
  • Attack: 0
  • Defence: 10
  • Initiatives: 1

Description:

A small little rock that isn't all that it seems. Moves occasionally.

Requirements to level up:

• Stored Heat: 0
  • Won battles: 0

Level 2 - Little Rock

Stats:

• Vital energy: 200/200
  • Defence: 20
  • Initiatives: 2
  • Power: 2

Ability:

Defend

Target:

Random

Description:

A shy little creature that disguise's itself as a rock. 

• Stored Heat: 10000
  • Won battles: 100

Level 3 - Rock

Stats:

• Vital energy: 2000/2000
  • Defence: 200
  • Initiatives: 3
  • Power: 10

Ability:

Defend

Target:

Multiple

Description:

A rock like creature whose skin is almost impenetrable to all forms of attacks. 

• Stored Heat: 150000
  • Won battles: 300

Level 4 - Rock Lord

Stats:

• Vital energy: 4000/4000
  • Defence: 1800
  • Initiatives: 4
  • Power: 80

Ability:

Defend

Target:

All

Special influence:

"Defender"

Cuts own defence by amount of creatures bound to the ritual and then shares the difference out.

Description:

Once a simple and shy being now a hardened team defender, willing to put it's life on the line for those it fights beside. Unmatchable when faced in herds.

• Stored Heat: 2000000
  • Won battles: 600

Level 4 - Rock King

Stats:

• Vital energy: 8000/8000
  • Attack: 300
  • Defence: 2400
  • Initiatives: 4
  • Power: 100

Ability:

Defend, Haotic Strike

Target:

All

Special influence:

"Defender"

Cuts own defence by amount of creatures bound to the ritual and then shares the difference out.

"Kingship"

Increases defence of a certain type of creature in the ritual by 50%. (All "rock" creatures)

Description:

From humble beginnings this creature grew. Now, standing tall and mighty, this creature can defend it's kind or crush it's foes under it's immense weight. 

Well that took some time and thinking! :)) 

Edited by Sasha Lilias

@Sasha: could be nicer with some realistic stats ,  those are simply HUGE.

There are  MP5 that don't have that kind of defense or attack

I made them less realistic just to try and emphasise the fact it could be used for a defensive strategy. Plus at the max level, it would only have 400 defence once in a 6 creat ritual. But also, it would make things slightly harder for those that now one hit kill everything.

I'd hope people would say that the fighting system has become a bit boring and "same old". A creature like this would, I feel, make people think a bit more. A ritual with 2 of these in would provide a huge bonus for those that aren't at 60000000000000000 stats. :P

• Root Admin

[Slightly edited by Chew: I dont think the copyright for the pet rock will affect us. Since runescape has a pet rock, I am not entirely concerned here]

my first plans for my pet rock are to teach it the following commands:

- lay low
- stand still
- play dead

for a start

i wonder what next levels should do...

Edited by Chewett

[Edit by chew: we dont need to worry about that copyright]

my first plans for my pet rock are to teach it the following commands:

- lay low

- stand still

- play dead

for a start

i wonder what next levels should do...

Surely it'll have to include:

-Fetch

-Roll over

and of course

-Speak

No?  :))

Also, I heard that they grow quicker if you play them rock'n'roll.  ;)

Edited by Chewett

I'd suggest the slow growth of a pet rock using resources.

You could make it either be a crystal or maybe something like a sandstone.

If it's a crystal, you have to keep feeding it with water+something dissolved in it, but I don't think that is the best.

For sandstone or so, I think I'd suggest using a heat pebble and sand, plus heat. Creating a heated pet rock? Or something of the sorts, makes much more sense too for it to become a pet then, no? Maybe some wiiya sooner or later too at some stages to keep on growing.

Pet Rock

Prepare a memory stone and heat stone mixed them and add rain water

Preparation of Growing

2 memory stones, 2 heats stone and rain water combined time 1 days to grow

4 memory stone, 3 heats stone and rain water combine time 2 days to grow

Heat stone can switch to sunny weather. the heat of the sun can bring the stone solid and stronger