Hell Hounds Runnnnn! (quest)

Seeing how this will probably be a "forever" quest I'm changing this to "20 participants within two weeks of this quest starting" to prevent a dumb technicality where first place feels entitled to a WP months later when this quest hits 20.

How nice for you to do that AFTER you found out who won the quest. VERY nice.

How nice for you to do that AFTER you found out who won the quest. VERY nice.

In my opinion, rewards should not be changed after a quest starts and especially not after somebody has already won your reward, which seems to be the case here. You're essentially "punishing" (not giving them something they thought they'd won) someone else for your own mistakes and poor planning.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Not saying that it's right, but I believe Rophs' post announcing the WP award came after Blackrider had announced dst to have won 1st place in the mood panel.

Edit: by all that I mean that, for all intense and purposes, dst probably didn't know about the WP sponsorship by the time she had won.

Edited by Myth

no nobody had known about the wish point. rophs was waiting to see how much attention my quest would get. rophs did NOT know dst had already finished when we had talked about the wp. Also i had givin rophs andanother the power to give their sponsored prizes out them selfs. 

And also ill be honest i dont see this making 20 players so i doubt the wp will even matter

I do thank you for you guys concern

• Root Admin

No rewards should be changed after someone has won a quest. Especially not after it has been publicly announced (Even if it was later hidden). Then you end up specifically deciding if you want that person to get a reward or not, and it becomes personal.

We cant know rophs reasons for changing it, but we do know there is bad blood between him and dst which makes it suspicious.

ok how about this i will talk to rophs and ask him to keep his other sponsored gift and to get rid of the wp so it can be done with. i understand where everyone is coming from about it but i do not have control over it. i had talked to him and sujjested that since one had already won 1st and so on to give the wp to who had tried the hardest or somthing to that effect. 

Rophs do you have somethings youd like to add??

So if this scenario happened, with two different individuals....and a year later when the quest is mostly forgotten, a total of 20 people have signed up because there are newbies and such who randomly take part...you would all accept that the winner should still get a WP?

I'm not arguing one way or the other I'm just interested in the logic behind your arguments.

Z

to be honest Z i dont even know. i told the sponsors they can do the rewards they provide any way they want. some chose to give me the items and ive been giving the rewwards as they finish and some chose to give the rewards out them selfs so i keep then updated on how many people have finished. 

Ffs!

He changed the rules on the 11th at 02:16 AM.

This

invalid post 

and this:

Ignore what I said

are the post blackshade rider posted asking rophs to contact him because the last leg of the race had a bug.

I was the ONLY one who got to that step at that time (I even have the PM from blackshade stating so).

So rophs DEFO knew I was leading.

Also, I received a strange PM from blackshade where he told me that one of his sponsors wanted to know how I finished so fast. Care to guess which of the sponsors asked?

For the record: blackshade rider is not to be blamed for anything. He made a quest and run it as he thought fit.

My beef is with rophs who is CHANGING rules based on his personal likes and dislikes.

Ffs!

He changed the rules on the 11th at 02:16 AM.

This

and this:

are the post blackshade rider posted asking rophs to contact him because the last leg of the race had a bug.

I was the ONLY one who got to that step at that time (I even have the PM from blackshade stating so).

So rophs DEFO knew I was leading.

Also, I received a strange PM from blackshade where he told me that one of his sponsors wanted to know how I finished so fast. Care to guess which of the sponsors asked?

For the record: blackshade rider is not to be blamed for anything. He made a quest and run it as he thought fit.

My beef is with rophs who is CHANGING rules based on his personal likes and dislikes.

yes the post was for the bug on the last page and yes i did tell rophs you had found it had a bug and it needed to be fixed. im sorry this upsets you dst this was supposed to be fun for all but its turning into more of a hassle than anything 

How do you have proof that he changed it due to likes and dislikes? Maybe he indeed found it illogical to award a WP months later when the quest might reach 20 participants, like Z stated. Since neither of these can be proven, why don't we seriously forget about this all until the quest actually reaches 20 participants, which it probably won't?

Ok this is a new announcement on the wp matter.

i have talked to rophs and chewett and i have to the conclusion that rophs will be providing a wp.

BUT it will be done in the manner that was first stated. 

Therefor if this quest gets 20 participants then a wp will be awarded to the 1st place winner, but only if this gets 20 participants.

No set time limit for this.

So when this reaches 20 players the 1st place winner will receive a wp  

Thank you for all the participants and i hope to see this reach 20 players

Thank you

-Blackshade rider 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...