item mix - Bottomless Toy Chest

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

anyone gets upset if this will not require a wp and will not require 100 items to be mixed but will require less , however probably other items than you named?

I am thinking to implement dst idea of grouping them together before combining them, but if so i will make it use the things I think it should use. I am willing to give you a wp for having the initial ideea but then you will be on your own to create the item using the public tools. Nim still gets the customized one as promised for starting this.

Idk the exact item list now, but also toys, and cards are not toys thats somethign you wont find there.

• Root Admin

The item was created, but i beleive its very different from what you had in mind.

What i am wiling to do is give you the bottomless toy chest, and let the rest use the way its supposed to create it now.

email me about this, dont forget to specify id

thanks

• Root Admin

Nim and dst will get the toy chest for free, you get to keep the items you currently have!

Nim, currently the toy chest is not functional but i will let it attempt to run the associated code even if it will give an error, that way when that code will be functional your item will work directly. At this point there are no settings to change to make it different because it does nothing right now...but instead of this, i will if you desire, change the name and description of your item to be unique, email me the details if you wish this.

• Root Admin

assuming that this item will create consumable items in the future, i set the reuseinterval of the item to 150000 seconds ..this might be long or too short...at this point i am thinking that if an item can create other items in unlimited quantities, almost two days is an ok setting. This is not final, i am open to debate the value, but for now as i said i have no clue what it will do till i finish the "toychest" script. Be warned that now it might give an ugly error. If somehow it creates a blank item stop using it and notify me asap.

Mur, it's not fair to give me the box for free. I understand why you gave it to Nimmy but I had no contribution.

All I had was the 100 toys which I started gathering since Nim first posted the idea. So I would like to pay the 100 items. Even a WP if that's necessary.

• Root Admin

The reason i decided to do like this was because the end item requires significantly different items than those proposed... 

Ok look what i think  its fair to do in your case. The new item requires much less than 100 items, idk how many exactly..50? Anyway check how many and donate at least half that number of items to random players of your choice, and/or the tk, or even better sponsor a nice quest. I would look out for players that dont afford credits and limit the donationg to them. You feel better? Or now you are sorry you mentioned it? :)

Nah joking..i know you actually wanted to be fair.

Pm or public a list too for transparency.

4 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

The reason i decided to do like this was because the end item requires significantly different items than those proposed... 

Ok look what i think  its fair to do in your case. The new item requires much less than 100 items, idk how many exactly..50? Anyway check how many and donate at least half that number of items to random players of your choice, and/or the tk, or even better sponsor a nice quest. I would look out for players that dont afford credits and limit the donationg to them. You feel better? Or now you are sorry you mentioned it? :)

It's MUCH easier to get 100 random toys than that specific list of yours

• Root Admin

maybe, but my list is smaller and makes more sense, PLUS the intermediate items you create before mixing them all together have a role of their own, like the play cards.

And there is no way in the mixer to get "random 100" items, so...thats how it is. Its not that bad really.

On 4/23/2016 at 2:26 AM, Muratus del Mur said:

And there is no way in the mixer to get "random 100" items, so...thats how it is. Its not that bad really.

it is not about getting "random 100" items mixed but choosing the from a list of 50-100 possibilities with any quantities and then when the amount is completed ... that's it.

It is exactly like you combine the bushies: you add one by one from the available list. When you added one item .. it gets removed from your inventory and is lost for ever but the counter gets incremented. When you reach lets say 100 ... you have the result.

On 4/23/2016 at 0:37 PM, Muratus del Mur said:

Currently you need 64 items to make the chest (unless I am that bad at math). I donated 65 items (out of the stock I was preparing for the chest) to TKs as they know better what to do with them.

Eara has the list. If needed I can make it public as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

i will make the toy chest give pickles and cake and whatever other things are already functional in md right now. This is NOT the final functionality, but its better to have the box do something instead of being useless, and this is the fastest thing i can do right now. This will be done today but i won't announce it because as i said this is just a temporary functionality

• Root Admin

candy bar (same like rainbowcandy, but expires to garbage in 1 week)
toy rollerblades (usabel two times then they brake down, give 80-250ap and 40-3000 heat each use, not usable by the dead, expire in one month)

i will add minor items from time to time till i get the time to work on the more significant uses of this item

use interval is currently set to 24h. If there will be enough low value items in the mix, i might leave it at 24h also later

• Root Admin

do you still see this? Because this was visible just about half an hour.. unless someone changed what i did, it was actually tested and functional. ...so, is it still an issue? maybe just your item has a problem, provide item id too. thnx

I have noticed with the land cleasners that some locations do not have a current heat vein. The east, nml, and mda are places I had noticed this so far from using other land cleansers there. I tested a necrovion landcleanser in MB and could determine if a heat vein existed even though it would not push one along the heat vein. With that in mind I had tested to see if some other locations had heat veins that were active. So the skate board may not work in places that do not have a landcleanser where the heat veins have been made active.