Golemus and Hounds

Blackshade Rider

I have spoke with grido and told him i would like to implement my hounds into golemus and Aline them with the land.

He said he kinda likes the idea. I want to know what other golemans feel about this before i persure it.

My goals for my hounds is to eventually have an alliance made and later on Hopefully one day it be a creature you can use.

I have made a few quest already but right now i only have one quest up for them.

I know this will take time. im aware its not going to happen over night, but i am posting this to see other golemans view points on it

and to also see who would be so kind enough to help me with these goals.

Thank you

-Rider 

How do the idea/presence of hounds fit into Golemus?

I'd advise you to research a bit into how/why an alliance for drachorns was created, or how tiny men and empty aramors existed and so forth (your fellow Golemians can help you). This might give you a better idea on how to go about this, if it is your very long term goal.

The main thing is making people believe it, and for that, there must be reason and interesting logic behind it. A made-up story won't do, in my opinion.

Edited by DARK DEMON

How do the idea/presence of hounds fit into Golemus?

I'd advise you to research a bit into how/why an alliance for drachorns was created, or how tiny men and empty aramors existed and so forth (your fellow Golemians can help you). This might give you a better idea on how to go about this, if it is your very long term goal.

The main thing is making people believe it, and for that, there must be reason and interesting logic behind it. A made-up story won't do, in my opinion.

im not 100% sure yet how i want it implemented into golemus. thats why i am asking my fellow golemans to help me out. Im not 100% sure how to go about this thats another reason i am posting this so that my fellow golemans may give ideas and help me persure this. And also if a made up story wouldnt do then what would you suggest 

im not 100% sure yet how i want it implemented into golemus. thats why i am asking my fellow golemans to help me out. Im not 100% sure how to go about this thats another reason i am posting this so that my fellow golemans may give ideas and help me persure this. And also if a made up story wouldnt do then what would you suggest 

I have already suggested :)

I'd advise you to research a bit into how/why an alliance for drachorns was created, or how tiny men and empty aramors existed and so forth 

It seems similar to what you are trying to do.

ok i will read up on it as much as i can. i have some personal problems atm so can some one possibly give me a link so i can read it from my phone. Also id like to know if you personally have ideas for them. id like to know if any one has ideas to make it better fit into MD

While I'm not a Golemus citizen, I will say that the eventual implementation of a creature will affect the entire realm, not just Golemians, therefore I don't believe that they would be the only ones who should have a say in the matter. Truth be told, I don't believe any of us have a say in this matter.

What I see is that you set a goal for yourself. The "feeling" behind such a step is entirely up to how smoothly you can encompass this alliance (and eventually the creature) within MD, in accordance with the history of MD. Without an appropriate and to some degree logical story to back it up, without action on your part, there is a low probablity of success.

In any case, even though I'm not a part of Golemus, I will say that the land could probably use another creature to spruce it up a bit.

Edit: There are many things you'd need to be ready for. For instance:

[...] Will all Active golemus citizen please share how they feel implementing my hounds in golemus

One thing you should be ready for is the fact that by the time they get implemented, they will not be your hounds anymore, as they will most likely suffer from interference which isn't yours and yours alone. The creators of the drachorn might not have anticipated that their creature might one day be taken and reshaped, to become a Tainted Drachorn.

That's but one example. There is much you need to know and plan for, before this can become reality.

Edited by Myth

While I'm not a Golemus citizen, I will say that the eventual implementation of a creature will affect the entire realm, not just Golemians, therefore I don't believe that they would be the only ones who should have a say in the matter. Truth be told, I don't believe any of us have a say in this matter.

What I see is that you set a goal for yourself. The "feeling" behind such a step is entirely up to how smoothly you can encompass this alliance (and eventually the creature) within MD, in accordance with the history of MD. Without an appropriate and to some degree logical story to back it up, without action on your part, there is a low probablity of success.

In any case, even though I'm not a part of Golemus, I will say that the land could probably use another creature to spruce it up a bit.

Thank for you view points on it Asthir and im not just wanting golemans view points. i want everyones. just more so my fellow golemans cause i want to have the hounds come from my homeland.. As far as with the creature it would be similar to the angiens powers or maybe something different im not 100% sure on it yet. . i know i have to use the abilities already implemented in the creatures that already exists. I also know if a new creature was made it would effect everyone not just golemans. I dont want the creature locally available. My hounds are special creatures that i feel a limited supply could be made like the angiens and dracs.   As far as a storyline for them i am working on that but i need to get all the facts straight and fix things that may not be accepted persay. i also feel that some people may get affended if i say something wrong in the story i write or something to that effect. (like i said this isnt completely certain yet. im not 100% sure about having a creature made although it would be nice. but i am sure that eventually i do want a guild to be made) And sorry if this seems to make no sense i was in a hurry typing

Edit: There are many things you'd need to be ready for. For instance:

One thing you should be ready for is the fact that by the time they get implemented, they will not be your hounds anymore, as they will most likely suffer from interference which isn't yours and yours alone. The creators of the drachorn might not have anticipated that their creature might one day be taken and reshaped, to become a Tainted Drachorn.

That's but one example. There is much you need to know and plan for, before this can become reality.

I am aware that they will get changed and the can get tainted and everything. im already aware. As  for them being my hounds i am fine with other people able to have it as a creature but im still the master of them. i am open to it all. i know that when i do post about the hounds becoming a creature i was already aware that things could be changed about them and they can possibly get mutated or become tainted or even get sacrificed.

As far as I may agree that Golemus could do with a more publicly recruit-able creature, I don't quite see how "Hell Hounds" quite fit in with the aesthetics of the land?

Considering Necrovian is considered the 'evil' land, and Golemus is supposed to be the yang to the yin, I think GG is one of the least likely places to actually contain such a creature?

If the creature was more something like a 'Mechanical Hound', I'd understand more, but hell hound?

The Drachorns were around before the citizens of Golemus. If you're planning on having a new creature, why not create one from the general image and "role" of Golemus that has been formed since the arrival of it's citizens- Magic, technology, principles, etc? Then at least you'd have a foot in the doorway.

If you're purely wanting to add your Hell Hounds to the game due to personal role...I'd say choose a better land for them to be affiliated with. Purely a suggestion though.

Good luck with this challenge either way!

From a purely artistic perspective, the idea of mechanical hell hounds is really quite attractive. If you're to be the master of them, it'd be good to create one first. Any particular land association or recruitability can come later.

Gather materials, reagents, and start cooking. If you plan to make them fleshy, it'll simply be more messy. ;)

Edited by Change

Though not a Golemian myself, I'm not sure how "hell" hounds fit with Golemus. However, I do like the idea of mechanical hounds (Clockwork Hounds? I think that actually sounds nice).

Your decision! But decide, take your role up and get the public involved! :)

Though not a Golemian myself, I'm not sure how "hell" hounds fit with Golemus. However, I do like the idea of mechanical hounds (Clockwork Hounds? I think that actually sounds nice).

Your decision! But decide, take your role up and get the public involved! :)

A wizard make some strange mechanical canine companion but things went awry. He ended up with something quite hellish, hence the name "Hell" Hound.

As a researcher, I think that the idea of hell hounds does fit in with GG, one must only look past the connotations of the word "hell". Perhaps I am basing my conclusion on false evidence, and I would be happy to discuss it outside of the forum, but I would associate the fire element with Golemus more than with Necrovion.

However, as a creature collector and citizen of the MD world, I am opposed to a new creature being placed in Golemus if it won't be public. GG already has more "private goods" than any other land.

This quote worries me in regards to this idea:

As  for them being my hounds i am fine with other people able to have it as a creature but im still the master of them.

So to summarize and give my full personal opinion: I would suggest rather than trying to have a new creature implemented, follow in the footsteps of Braiton and mutate an already existing creature with Inner Magic or roleplay, and create a quest (the difficulty of which is up to you, sounds like you'd want it really high difficulty) through which anybody could also do so. In this way the creatures are privatized through you and not through your homeland, and still publicly available if somebody can put in the work. That's my idea, take it or leave it, but most importantly: Don't give up!

I had named my knator hell hound. I was thinking what if the hell hound became available threw a wp mutation such as the dream joker where you can spend a wp to mutate a aramor into the dream joker. Why not implement this to the knator you get from loreroot to spend a wp and mutate it into a hell hound

This is just a thought

That is possible, but you're missing a crucial thing. Mutations would involve Necrovion and not be Golemus at all.... as you can even see that their creature-related forum section is called "Abominable Creature Mutations".

I don't know Braiton's story but he could turn GG drachorns into Wind's I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). I sense you are looking for something similar. (If not, and if you're just looking for it to be Golemus-related, then ignore this)

edited: thanks for pointing that out, I got confused with the name

Edited by DARK DEMON

Thanks, edited.

Joker is mutation of Aramor and as far as I know it has nothing to do with NC.

Which is probably why nobody has much knowledge about this mutation either and how it occurs, or the history or why such a thing happened in the first place.

Creating a new mutation, however, needs a good, interesting explanation to be made real, and the story made enjoyable. Or maybe I can start mutating Winderwilds into my personal Giant Raven Guards tomorrow or 'purify' my unholy pope the day after and so forth.

I can say that current two mutations have very little in common, so to speak. I believe that each is a case for itself. Although I could point you into some directions for Joker and definitely for Windy, I believe that it's not required to know that. Ultimately all you need to do is be stubborn and convincing enough to the public and all doors are open to you.

Lastly if I do tell you anything I believe spoiler-inquisitors would crucify me :)) as you know spoiler wars broke out and I'm in :ph34r:

[spoiler]http://magicduel.com/players/braiton[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...