Automatic item creation.

Aethon

I was looking through the common item posts and announcements and read about how, at some stage, "recipes" could be created to make new items -- second tier, I guess you could call them.

My idea is that the anvil (which is and isn't a clickable) at the Weaponsmiths could be used to automatically create such items.

When the item recipe is accepted it would be added to a script in the clickable. This would then allow the user to select the recipe and have the item created instantly, should they have the required "ingredients".

This means you could have more than one recipe for each item. So the same item could be created but out of different components, though base components should remain the same (imo).

Alternatively, this could be only available to a select few who would then make the items for everyone else. This could be a suitable role for someone interested and, possibly, be a reason to reinstate the Crafters guild?

I'm not sure what A25 is all about but perhaps it could be integrated into the system?

This idea is open for suggestion and is only a foundation to something more. :) 

Feel free to discuss the pros/cons.

so far i thought of creating a map of ressources, to see what items are related and to find possible ways to create new items

yellow/green is already implemented stuff

orange/red is what i thought yould be implemented

dark blue is a skill

light blue is a possible skill for new

eJFPfP2.jpg

• Root Admin

so far i thought of creating a map of ressources, to see what items are related and to find possible ways to create new items

yellow/green is already implemented stuff
orange/red is what i thought yould be implemented

dark blue is a skill
light blue is a possible skill for new

eJFPfP2.jpg

How do you see this fitting in with what Aethon discussing, considering that in chat you told him all what he described was already being done?

"Aethon: Hmm, I'm still not sure how this would work in conjunction to common items however?

Aethon: Unless common items could be used to somehow help with the production/collection of resources -- but then that would be making the items usable which was a no-no"

I had posted in chat but to keep things in context here, I have added it for reference here also.
Edited by Aethon

How do you see this fitting in with what Aethon discussing, considering that in chat you told him all what he described was already being done?

well as i understood it, he wanted to create more items with clickies and certain recipes, that is roughly what i had in mind too, also with "ingredients" as he called it, but before i could start with the recipes, i had to know what already is implemented and what possible ressources i could combine for new items, i also added some "new" ressources that would be nice to work with because i really want to have "smithing", you can see the result in the map(plan) above

the thing aethon mentioned with the anvil as clickie at the smiths shop could use stuff i already thought of

I am sorry to break this thing to you, but there is no such thing as "automated" in MD.

If all you read there was about ... resources... then I wasted my time on you.

You've blown it on your first reply.

Here's a hint for a second chance : read, read carefully and try to understand what the other wants to say.

Common items could be merged through the same means; the cauldron doesn't differentiate between resources and other items, and neither do other item combiners. Perhaps the archives could get a section with recipes used to combine common items.

P.s. Magohi, add a link from water and branches to the teapot. :)

Wiiya can be consumed by a Resource Grasan to produce Fat, Skin, Toxic Gas, and Grasan Ferment. Add that to the flowchart please.

• Constipated Grasan -> Grasan Ferment
  • Farting Grasan -> Toxic Gas
  • Exfoliating Grasan -> Skin
  • Leaking Grasan -> Fat

Source:

Looks like a possible role items/WP reward interface that could create items without having to talk to the Item Crafters guild? Or less than WP with various inventory items instead? Or other resources like heat/fenths etc, maybe even certain stat prerequisites?

Thought of an example = 30 wood sticks + woodcutting skill and 20 fenths (or grasan fat of some kind,etc) for a sticky base + 5 finness or so? and maybe some steel components, to put it together to make a wood cutting axe.

Edited by Mallos

• Root Admin

Looks like a possible role items/WP reward interface that could create items without having to talk to the Item Crafters guild? Or less than WP with various inventory items instead? Or other resources like heat/fenths etc, maybe even certain stat prerequisites?

Thought of an example = 30 wood sticks + woodcutting skill and 20 fenths (or grasan fat of some kind,etc) for a sticky base + 5 finness or so? and maybe some steel components, to put it together to make a wood cutting axe.

Making role items wont be done without it being approved mainly since item names and descriptions make something "real". If your description explicitly (and not here, explicitly, not what you think it means) says something then its true.

The more basic "common" type automatic items are going to be the ones that you can build and make to do things automatically and with items.

P.s. Magohi, add a link from water and branches to the teapot. :)

you can see that there is an arrow from water to TEA, so if someone looks at Tea he/she can see what she needs by following the arrows back to their origin

will add branches

EDIT : NEW MAP (tell me if i forgot something) also changed lumber and branches as ingredient for the forge so i dont have crossing lines xD

o2ctlZy.jpg

Edited by MaGoHi