MD DOWN FOR SERVER UPGRADE

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

I am migrating md to a better server, this process will take a couple hours and will probably end up with a lot of errors  (lets hope not)

Same process is going on for the other server with bmmo, so basically everything is down right now,and no, there is no way i could have done that without it being down during this.

The problem is i am "down" too, i am almost out of the door leaving for a very long trip, in case things go really bad i am counting as usual on chew to save the situation :P

I had to make this change now because due to recent activity the storage was full and we had also some persisting attacks, and this is a first step to an other change i am having in mind later on.

we will find out in a couple hours if it went well, i will be probably sleeping then, anyone from ro pls don't be shy to sms me if you see md on with errors in it so i wake up, chew will see it first anyway, he is always there everywhere :P...but i want to know too. must go sleep at least an hour right now.

Let's see, now..

Scenario 1: everything went well, but he forgot to plug the server in / power it on

Scenario 2: he fell asleep mid-way

Scenario 3: this is an experiment designed to let him know how well we cope without MD

Scenario 4: the message is a lie because:

I am migrating md to a better server, this process will take a couple hours and will probably end up with a lot of errors  (lets hope not)

Same process is going on for the other server with bmmo, so basically everything is down right now,and no, there is no way i could have done that without it being down during this.

The problem is i am "down" too, i am almost out of the door leaving for a very long trip, in case things go really bad i am counting as usual on chew to save the situation :P

I had to make this change now because due to recent activity the storage was full and we had also some persisting attacks, and this is a first step to an other change i am having in mind later on.

we will find out in a couple hours if it went well, i will be probably sleeping then, anyone from ro pls don't be shy to sms me if you see md on with errors in it so i wake up, chew will see it first anyway, he is always there everywhere :P...but i want to know too. must go sleep at least an hour right now.

(yes, a bit bored at work :p)

Edited by Myth

[log=The Day MD Died]Day 1 since MD went down.

It's only been a day but I can feel the tension in the air. People have been joking about it, but I know deep down they're all serious. I can see them shaking and giggling manically. Some manage to hold on to their sanity...others? I feel it may be too late for some...

What will become of us? Of me?

I fear that they may not last...I fear I may not last...

Magicduel is Love....Magicduel is life.[/log]

Edited by Aethon

10 years since magicduel servers up.i browse through the empty forums trying to find a new post but my path always leads to layout.php . i stare at the screen for hours and try to summon mur. i play other games but it is no good. i pester other players in yim and try to resist the pervetted acorn urges but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually read some old chatlogs and cry myself to sleep.

edit: i am late with md version of sing strim pasterino BibleThump

Edited by Rophs