Demands of a Slave

dst

1) Fang Archbane
2) 214273
3) 3 Months Enslavement
4) To buy my leash is to buy my Time.
5) My possessions are my own. I also ask that DST, Ivorak, Eon, and No One not be allowed to bid on me or come into possession of my Leash. If this isnt possible, just ignore my application all together.
6) 33% TK Donation
7) Minimum bid 3 Gold

Rilly?

If he'll be allowed to do this I will choose a bunch of players that will NOT be allowed to bid on my leash.

slaves rarely like their masters, Fang. I would actually even recommend you those masters you don't like to have a true experience of the slavery experiment.

you can also try to buy some leashes if you think you need some balance for your wellbeing.

True Eara, I guess if They buy my leash theres Other Options

Aethon, its not an inconvenience, there's always an answer to everything.

So Ill change my previous statement. They CAN bid on my leash, those 4, but they better know I will go inactive for my slavery period if they do, and itll be money wasted.

Eon, I want you to come back, no fun being the Hero without a Villain [ ;_;]

Edited by Fang Archbane

So Ill change my previous statement. They CAN bid on my leash, those 4, but they better know I will go inactive for my slavery period if they do, and itll be money wasted.

In this case I am officially asking that fang SHOULD NOT be allowed to participate at all in the auction. He should NOT be allowed to get a leash. Or if he gets one, it should expire after the slavery period.

• Root Admin

While we cannot stop anyone doing this (Fang could have done this without stating)  it is rather bad taste in an event which is mainly for fun, enjoyment and benefit to both parties. The organisers spend their good time planning and organising, including myself making all the items, to give mutual benefit to the slaves and masters who gain coin and a helper respectively. If the slave was not to fulfil their bargain it seems unfair, or even a con as the master has paid coin for the leash and the slave is not fulfilling their end of the bargain.

Consider this Fang, since I dont think you intend to con people but the slave is the one that gains the most from this situation and to refuse to participate (or even worse, just not play MD for that period) is really poor taste.

Last time a minimum bid policy was sorely needed. The price would be 5 gold and people would bid 5 gold and 1 silver and it just kept going back and forth. I would suggest that after the bid gets up to a few gold that the minimum raise should be at least a few silver instead of one. For example, after 3 gold you must raise at least 3 silver, after 5 gold you must raise at least 5 silver, after 10 gold you must raise at least 10 silver (or one gold), etc. A simple policy that I imagine people would still be able to be confused by would be that the amount of gold the bid is currently at is the minimum raise in silver, i.e. 1 gold = 1 silver raise, 2 gold = 2 silver raise, 5 gold = 5 silver raise.

Seems something the MC could deal with. This seems a sensible suggestion.

Chewett has a point. And im a Slave to Logic so... hes won me over.

My previous statements on Limitations are redacted (Edited in original)

Ill do things the way Chew deems right.

My regular activity is spotty at best anyways, absolutely random, and shenanagistic so... fair warning to anyone that bids on my leash I guess ( =3=);

Edit: DST, if it was up to me id just pull my app out of this.

My loyalties to Chew and his hard work over the years deem it only right that I do my best to play by his rules and not give him trouble.

So say what you want I guess, not like itll affect me anyways o.O

Edited by Fang Archbane

Whilst there are no rules against his threats, it would be less than pleasing to see him follow them through and it may cause problems should he wish to participate in future events.

With the above in mind, Fang will be allowed to take part in the auction.

With his his threats visible on the forum, and another warning from Azull before he is auctioned, these should provide people with enough warning before they consider buying him.

You will be buying at your own risk.

• Root Admin

In this case I am warning people that they will be buying me at their own risk as well because I am going to do EXACTLY what fang said in case I don't like my master. Seems it doesn't matter if someone cheats and lies to you. Good to know. Thanks!

Oh It would matter, It would be dealt with in one way or another, likely removing the leash, the coins and further. However you cant preemtively punish people (see minority report) if you think they might do something bad. From the looks of it Aethon feels that Fang wont abuse his position but if he does, we can deal with it, hopefully nicely :)

Edited by Chewett

In this case I am warning people that they will be buying me at their own risk as well because I am going to do EXACTLY what fang said in case I don't like my master. Seems it doesn't matter if someone cheats and lies to you. Good to know. Thanks!

Firstly, please don't mistake this as me condoning his actions, nor the possibility of his behavior, As Chewett has said, we cannot punish on a possibility, only on the actuality. He has stated his possible plans, but then also retracted his comments, leaving only suspicions in the air.

Secondly, please, please, please, don't lower yourself to his level of tactics. The auction is meant to be something nice and exciting, not a bowl on contention; threats thrown here and there.

Finally, whilst I can understand your annoyance, (yes, you have reason to be) again, as previously stated, we can't punish what hasn't happened yet. Would seem unfair to completely ban him due to a Freudian slip of the tongue.

Actions and consequences. :)

As a note to Fang - I hope you prove this decision to be correct. 

As always, Good gets Good in return, and Evil chokes on Evil Aethon :3

Firstly, allow me to thank you and whomever had to make the hard behind the scenes decisions required to allow me to participate.

Secondly, in the short time ive known you youve shown me nothing but Good in your Heart, and I wouldnt be Me if I didnt hold up my End of the deal ^-^

Thirdly, as always a huge thanks to Chewy (poor guys had to put up with me for aaaages) for always hearing me out, even in the bleakest of days o.o

So thank you for the Benefit of the Doubt Guys, I can tell you now, I wont dissapoint~

Oh It would matter, It would be dealt with in one way or another, likely removing the leash, the coins and further. However you cant preemtively punish people (see minority report) if you think they might do something bad. From the looks of it Aethon feels that Fang wont abuse his position but if he does, we can deal with it, hopefully nicely :)

And how will you measure if he's active enough? And if he behaves? How will you decide if he abuses the leash or not?

Pieces of smelly brown things like you will never be heroes so don't exhaust yourself by trying.

Edited by dst

• Root Admin

And how will you measure if he's active enough? And if he behaves? How will you decide if he abuses the leash or not?

Roll a dice probably. In all seriousness it would be an entirely objective decision based on what the slave owner presented and arbitrary judgement. You cant quantify it nicely hence why in the past made arrangements and discussed with their master.

This doesn't just apply to him... How would you judge this on ALL slaves. If you don't want him to receive "special" POSITIVE treatment, then he also shouldn't receive "special" NEGATIVE treatment.

• Root Admin

This doesn't just apply to him... How would you judge this on ALL slaves. If you don't want him to receive "special" POSITIVE treatment, then he also shouldn't receive "special" NEGATIVE treatment.

Yes sorry my comments do indeed extend to all slaves :)

• Root Admin

So it will be all a matter of what the master say and the evidences they present?

Unless you can indeed find a nice quantifiable metric, yes, as Dragual points out its just like the MD court. We would probably get the judges to deal with it all if there were more than just you around (maybe we get grido and you to do it again) and me "approve" the decision.