Newbie Christmas plans

• Root Admin

Christmas is fast approaching and we will want our newbies to experience it. Therefore we need to have a plan so they can either come to the mainland, or the mainland can come to them.

I need someone to have a think about what we might want to do and talk with a variety of MD players to see what they think.

I want to try and bring them christmas but we need to have a good plan. Once we have a plan you will be in charge of ensuring it goes ahead without a hiccup and the safe return of the newbies.

Your reward will be open to discussion. Please apply here and I will pick someone.

This would be somewhat easy, i could do this if i were to have my tools back but This could be an organized tour for xmas, and they can also have a choice to stay on the mainland as well. With the gateway tour tools you are able to bring them back to the island if they still hold the tour pin badge. Each online player for this day can receive this tour badge and enjoy 1 of two things .

#1 , they can take part in the xmas event and gather their presents from the tree and then return to the island after all said and done just by using the current gateway tools.

#2 is exactly like number 1 except they can have a choice to stay on the mainland as a (early tour) gift in this case they would get a normal tour as well.

Also there could be another option to bring it to the island. A xmas tree could possibly be placed at the top of the mountain. A tree exactly alike and is some how linked to the xmas tree on the mainland so no players can get double presents.

However i think the first option would be the easiest and safest way for the current new commers 

Edited by Blackshade Rider

Honestly i had already planned to give them all a personal tour of all open lands to mp3.

Ill gladly work with anyone else that wants to help give them a guided tour.

I planned to take them through Marind Bell and all easily accessed No Mans Land as well as Golemus.

This would be my limitation with no extra help, seeing as they have low AP caps and would get stuck easy.

I highly doubt they will all be able to beat the guards for a tour of LR, or be able to handle the Easts ap reqs.

However, if i could pull them all to me using tools (as Rider suggested something alike above) then it changes.

I could give them all full tours of all common areas save for Necro/LR/UG for the obvious requirements.

All in all i would be happy to give a tour either way, and will do it either way. Help is not needed but appreciated.

Edit: WIerd question. Since the story got removed, do they even still have that statue above the MB entrance to the UG? Because if it is there for them till further notice, i wont take them there. If it isnt, then i think it would be ok to show them around?

Edited by Fang Archbane

9 minutes ago, Fang Archbane said:

Edit: WIerd question. Since the story got removed, do they even still have that statue above the MB entrance to the UG? Because if it is there for them till further notice, i wont take them there. If it isnt, then i think it would be ok to show them around?

yes they will . even though story mode isnt active anymore you still get things from the PC that lead up to opening the UG