Nosos

Ungod

Been thinking of a creature of sorts that drains your stats every day (has this been talked about before? I don't know, link pls if so). 

I would enjoy hearing why something like this is a very bad idea and doesn't fit MD. Does it sound useless, untimely, boring etc?

(the end goal would be for the mononoke to manifest in the realm)

Permanently or temporarily? If Temporarily, it's a Dendrite that targets oneself, which is kind of interesting. If Permanent, there's nothing else like that out there to my knowledge.

This could help people who want negative stats and could possibly provide a way for people with no creatures and tons of negative stats to return to balance. Maybe...he could have an influence that causes gained stats from a battle he's involved in to be multiplied by -1. So you get -0.08 attack for winning, for example.

Personally I can't see myself using it, but I'd collect it if keeping it didn't mess my stats up!

Sorry to burst your bubble, I know you wanted criticism/bashing...

I would think that it were not possible to satisfy both roles at once, Pipstickz - if the creature doth remove negative statistic, it cannot also add it.

I can think of some who do have negative statistic, and seek to make it greater, and do use this to their benefit in combat. Such a creature would allow them to strengthen, in that area, with little effort.

Permanently. 

But this wouldnt be a creature you can use in combat. It would be a disease, draining your stats daily and gaining those  for itself. Similar to cancer tissue...but it would be a disease of the mind, not of the body, hence in the creature page. And, ultimately, you could make your disease apparent.

This is interesting.

Not as a creature but in the past someone proposed a shadow puppet with similar features (basically, a cursed item that causes permanent stat-damage and can be given away / hidden in someone's pocket).

Interesting. That was an item, and a curse, what i was thinking about was a creature, and a disease. 

However, i wasn't proposing a loss of stats for the sake of it, but rather a transfer of stats into the - let's call it - nosos. That creature would ultimately manifest into the realm and could be fought/killed.

(I got the idea from a show)

Interesting. That was an item, and a curse, what i was thinking about was a creature, and a disease. 

However, i wasn't proposing a loss of stats for the sake of it, but rather a transfer of stats into the - let's call it - nosos. That creature would ultimately manifest into the realm and could be fought/killed.

(I got the idea from a show)