Foot Race Challenge

So, I'm challenging everybody to a foot race, from the Howling Gate to the GoE.  One scene away, you ask?  No, you can plot your own course but you must hit the following scenes along the way:

Paper Cabin
Top of Mt Kelle'tha
Ravenhold
In front of the MDA building
In front of Sage's Keep
Inside the Temple of the Void
(We're starting at Howling Gate because Necrovion is closed)

So, I did it in 14 minutes, 17 seconds.  Can you do better?  Don't bother posting your screenshot proof with time stamps until you're nominated for a prize - but do save the proof!  (You're going to need 8 screenshots).

Anything goes - teleport, pickles, friends to beat down the viscosity, secret thingies.  I will NOT give out pickles for the express purpose of running this race, but please note you can win pickles by solving riddles on my quest doc or the sign in front of Wind's - you just have to LOOK at it.

Anybody who goes a week without being bested gets a gold coin.  Anybody who goes a month without being bested gets a wish point, and closes the contest.

On your mark, get set, go!

Edited by Fyrd Argentus
Spelling

The screen shots need to include the clock, your name, and enough scene to verify the place.  8 of them in logical sequence.

If your forgery skills are so good they withstand everybody's scrutiny, then you don't need my gold coin.  If not, don't risk public humiliation, at the minimum.

I know Fang could do this as I witnessed (at start and end) him do a 4:25 time forgetting to do paper cabin, posting the pictures instantly, and had to re-do it, which he did right after.

If your credibility is suspect, I suggest you get witnesses at check points as well.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

one of my other concern is that I believe the server time may be faulty, as it seems to be updated via background Javascript. It's sync'd only when a full refresh is done. Whenever or not this affect the actual race, I can't confirm or deny, as it could still sufficiently work, though I'm not quite sure how well.

Well, this would be fun :D

Okay, let me put DG's concern to rest.  Assuming two claims are close, and if we have any questions, or the times are close enough to question the system, we will have a run-off.  The potential winners will have to reproduce their run with lots of witnesses, simultaneously.

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Demonic God said:

one of my other concern is that I believe the server time may be faulty, as it seems to be updated via background Javascript. It's sync'd only when a full refresh is done. Whenever or not this affect the actual race, I can't confirm or deny, as it could still sufficiently work, though I'm not quite sure how well.

Well, this would be fun :D

The ticker/server time can be wonky.

But if someone had knowledge of MDscript they could code clickables to time a persons start, end, and the times they visited each scene.

My concern would more be that they would unintentionally have the wrong time rather than purposely doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

Looks like you've won a gold coin, but we need to see those screenshots.  Please send or post.

I have sent you all the screenshots in a PM. I can post the pictures here if needed....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to Else, for going a full month without any further challenges.  Winner and Grand Champion of the Foot Race Challenge!

The record now stands at 3 minutes 8 seconds.  That is certainly worth the wish point!