Mystery Quest Adventure Series

Announcing that in about 24 hours, Ungod and I will be releasing the first "episode" in a series of Mystery Quests.  These are story-focused clicky-based quests that are not hard but should provide several hours of amusement.  Probably NOT for new MP3's - for you, work on the Lost Path/Shadow Army quests first.

Each "episode" will be a stand-alone quest with prizes and rewards, using the same cast of characters and places.  A WP for first winner, a colored creature for bonus extras.  Also a spicy pickle for every typo and a silver coin for any inconsistency in the dialog (excepting deliberate lies, of course).

I will post the announcement Saturday 7/6 shortly after 20:00 ST.  Good hunting!

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

Hear ye, hear ye!  Fyrd and Ungod hereby wish to announce the grand opening of the first in a series of MYSTERY QUESTS.  

To begin the Mystery Quest, Episode 1, go LOOK (password) at “The Billboard Kiosk at Ash Arch” inside Loreroot then EXAMINE (password) “The Red Flyer”.  Every clickie starts with LOOK, then gives a second password where choices open up.  

This quest is open to anybody able to get into Loreroot, but don’t repeat it with an alt, of course. A Wish Point will be awarded for the first to solve the basic anyone who solves the total quest, with an addition of a colored creature while supplies last if the bonus element is picked up.  Contact Fyrd if you think you’ve won.  Prizes will fall off with additional winners, but it will always be good for at least a pickle, and Should be great fun.  This is not difficult, but should provide an entertaining story.

Additional prizes: 1 pickle for each typo.  1 sc for each inconsistency found in the dialogs.

WARNING: Clickies are temperamental under the new interface.  After typing a password, you must hit the “Speak Words” button, not just a Return/Enter/Linefeed.  When exiting a screen, hit “reset” then “close” (do not reset the LOOK password then go directly to the second password.  Reset, close, reopen). If the bottom still shows an empty entry box (instead of an active password and a “reset” button) you’ll need to clear out and try again because the clickie won’t work right if it doesn’t show the current password.  Sorry about all that.

Additional episodes will be opened at sporadic intervals, starting with different colored flyers at the same location.  We hope this will become a fixture on the PermaQuest list.  Should you wish to write a mystery story episode using the same cast of characters, contact us.  That can be considered a separate quest, with its own rewards!

Good questing, and Good Luck!

Edited by Fyrd Argentus
prize update

We have a first winner - Ledah took the wishpoint, and a bonus colored creature!

I'm offering choice of a gold coin or colored creature (both if you get the bonus) for second place.

Third place will be down to just one or the other.

But the point is -- have fun!

p.s. Anybody may propose a new storyline - a prize if yours is implemented.

It is a fun quest, lots of clickies and a thread to follow, but it follows the thread quite logically, it is good stuff :)

Cheers for the quest Fyrd, and for the next one there certainly needs to be more elven maidens, except this time in distress of course.

PS: I stole one of your Bag of Nails on the other clickie, but nothing else ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Mystery Quest:

It has come to our attention that "Red Flyer" is also a brand name of a toy wagon.  This was not intended to be a trademark infringement and is in fact not legally so since there is no possible way to be confused between the aforementioned product and what was meant: a red-colored piece of paper posted on a bulletinboard.

Since so few have gone after a fun but easy wishpoint, however, we must assume there is more to this than logic.

Happy Adventuring!

So, here is an elaboration on how the quest works, following another request for clarification.

There are about 30 "characters" to interact with, that will give you lots of backstory etc., but they won't divulge their critical clue/piece of the puzzle unless you have followed the logical sequence that lets you raise the right subject with them.

For instance, until you have a REASON to go to GG, nobody there is going to tell you anything important.

You start by reading the Red Flyer at Ash Arch (step 1).  This opens up a new dialog option on the second character in sequence.  You must then find that person (or whatever) and ask about the right/new available topic.  And so on through the sequence.

If people enjoy this format, this cast of characters can be used  over and over with additional episodes of mystery.  Plot suggestions from people who have finished the quest are welcome.

Good Luck, and enjoy!

• 3 months later...

We have a second winner in the Mystery Quest, episode 1!  Chriselnenepr won the second wishpoint, a colored creature, and a gold coin!  Please join me in congratulating him!

Everybody who finishes from here forward gets a wish point plus either a colored creature OR a gold coin.

10 minutes ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

We have a second winner in the Mystery Quest, episode 1!  Chriselnenepr won the second wishpoint, a colored creature, and a gold coin!  Please join me in congratulating him!

Everybody who finishes from here forward gets a wish point plus either a colored creature OR a gold coin.

Thanks for the fun adventure Fyrd. The more I went about discovering the other clues the more into it I got. 

It was great to take a break from grinding! Glad I took the time to adventure around MD :)

• 5 months later...

Thank you, the quest was really fun to do! Took a while to get the hang of how it worked for the first few steps, but after that everything worked really well!

Honestly I think it needs to be recognised how much the NPCs to chat with add to the realm, it really did bring things to life all the more, even outside the quest.

• 1 month later...