July 7, 20224 yr comment_194561 Player name: Ivorak Player ID: 39390 Browser: Chrome 103 Operating System: macOS Monterey Importance: Low Description - What happens when the bug occurs: The temp winertia bonus from consecutive active days isn't applied. My winertia after first login on a new day does not increase despite popup saying I received temp increase to winertia (In the +14x,xxx territory recently). Viewing the winertia bar or checking the status of the 'Above Money' achievement says I only have a winertia value of around 128k winertia. This value is my max winertia, but I've seen screenshots elsewhere that the max isn't a hard cap (I imagine the max is just tied to recovery based on the turn timer?) and I can increase my current winertia beyond the max by walking around. How to reproduce the bug: Log in for the first time on a given day in MD and compare the consecutive active day rewards. What you expect to happen: I would expect my winertia to temporarily (at least until the reset timer or other manipulations) be about 268k (128k + 140k). I have confirmed over multiple days that it is not. It appears that bonus is either not getting applied, or a turn reset applies right after the bonus is applied, wiping out the benefit. (I have noticed that the turn/regen timer is often just about 10min when I first log in). Report
July 7, 20224 yr comment_194562 I recall about a year ago there was a worse bug with this, like 10x worse. I think Mur capped it at that time. Report
July 8, 20224 yr Author comment_194571 On 7/7/2022 at 6:11 PM, Fyrd Argentus said: I recall about a year ago there was a worse bug with this, like 10x worse. Agree that this is low priority. On 7/7/2022 at 6:11 PM, Fyrd Argentus said: I think Mur capped it at that time. Capped what exactly? As stated above, I've confirmed that it is possible to have more than max winertia simply by walking around. Report
July 8, 20224 yr comment_194572 Before you could gain some millions of temp winretia from the consecutive active days which wasnt bad in my opinion as during that time you could go into negative winretia when most people were using the moss. I believe Fyrd didnt like new players could afford all ingame shop items with that bonus. Edited July 9, 20224 yr by Else Report
July 9, 20224 yr comment_194577 I believe Mur capped what you could get at the moment of the daily refresh cycle. Other times during the day such a cap would not be in place. Report
July 9, 20224 yr comment_194588 Why would he cap it... what a daft decision! I much preferred it the way it was before... Report
July 9, 20224 yr comment_194591 I believe he did not have time to figure out why the actual award was 10x or more what it was supposed to be, so simply chopped off winertia at max after the bad code did its work. Edited July 9, 20224 yr by Fyrd Argentus Report
July 13, 20224 yr Root Admin comment_194685 On 7/9/2022 at 1:12 PM, Fyrd Argentus said: I believe he did not have time to figure out why the actual award was 10x or more what it was supposed to be, so simply chopped off winertia at max after the bad code did its work. I think thats disingenuous, a little rude, and quite misrepresentative. Mur puts a lot of time into this and to mispresent it as "He didn't have time to figure it out" is wrong. Please consider your words more carefully next time Fyrd, Thank you. To summarize the PM Fyrd, Mur, and myself were in: Fyrd pointed out the daily Winertia boost for small accounts was incredibly high and needed changing Initially Mur misunderstood the report and was looking at the amount gained per day, and not the temporary value given An initial fix was made but that was still using fixed values of Winertia and not based on the max winertia. This still meant that new accounts would receive quite a large (in comparison to their max winertia) temporary boost Mur made a change to take into account max winertia, although that needed a tweak to fix it The "gained" winertia should be based on this: restored_wi = current_wi - min(wi_max,(current_wi+(wi_max/10))) I'm not clear if its fixed, but since the PM ended with Fyrd being rewarded, I assume its all fine. If its not fine we can look into it more, but as I said my understanding was that it was fixed to what Mur wanted it to be and thusly Fyrd was rewarded. Report
July 20, 20224 yr Author comment_194866 Thanks for clarifying, @Chewett Looking over the formula you provided, it makes sense that I'm not gaining any temp winertia because restored_wi would be 0 in the case I'm presenting since current_wi and wi_max are equal when I first log in. But if this is how we want the formula to be, then we should perhaps rename the bonus so that it indicates that it's only restoring up to max value, and also display the value that is actually being restored (or hide it if it's zero). When it instead indicates a bonus value greater than the the max winertia but the actual change is 0, that seems misleading. P.S. But maybe it should allow at least some increase over max winertia instead. Action points, for instance, do behave this way and that is in line with the idea of a temporary bonus I think. Edited July 20, 20224 yr by Ivorak ps Report
July 20, 20224 yr comment_194868 Two issues remain: 1) The daily rewards sheet says there will be a bonus when there will not be. 2) This formula gives negative restore if you're below max, positive restore if you're somehow already above max. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.