A cat auction!

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

Fund raising event!
There are currently 2 (soon 3) cats in the realm, but plans are to make them more common later on ... just not too common. I can not promise anything about their future rarity or market value, but regardless, they are very cool thing to have as they can be placed in any scene in any place!
I am putting up a (male *hint*) cat for auction! The price will be exclusively in GOLD (notes and coins), and no silver equivalents. You can exchange silver for gold yourself at the coin minting facility. This is so, because i want to increase my gold stash, but also lower the silver amount currently on the market.

The auction will end at the end of the year, and no surprise last minute bids will be accepted. If anyone bids higher in the last moment, the auction will be extended so that there will be at least a full day or more time for any other participant to reconsider their offers.

By purchasing a cat, you agree that you will accept any future behavior of this animal, including running away from you, mating with other cats and created unwanted kitties, or even if it starts to eat your food. It currently does not do so, but like i said i have plans for this one. 

267270.png

Meow! (Good luck!)

UPDATE - tag bonus

The owner of the cat will also receive a custom tag, somethign related to being a cat owner. The tag will be kept regardless what happens with the cat later.

To keep things fair, the owner of the current cat will also receive this if she requests it (pm me). Optionally, the cats can be named ONCE, no name change after.

Edited by Muratus del Mur
tag bonus

• Root Admin
12 hours ago, Aia del Mana said:

Not a bid, but a question regarding the naming and custom tag.

If one were to name the cat (for example if the owner named it "Ledah") then would the custom tag be allowed to be "Owner of Ledah"? I fear there may be some unforeseen repercussions if this were so.

I get your point, and I will try my best to avoid such situations, if possible, but like with any other custom tag, there could be unforeseen ways around it. Think for example if you name your cat steven , get a tag "owner of steven" then register a playername "steven", after, and pretend you are a puppet master. This can be solved by naming the tag like "owner of steven [the cat]" 

However, giving custom tags, regardless of occasion, should include a small chance of creative abuse. This is a spice that most don't agree to, but most enjoy its result.

Eventually its possible that the cat will be the prototype of pet owners, maybe even give a tag automatically, i don't know, but whatever will happen till then, with the future owner of this one and its pet, remains open. 

In any case, i will try to prevent immediate and obvious abuse, but i can't guarantee something will not slip, ..and then once granted, the tag remains along with its implications.

6 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

Think for example if you name your cat steven , get a tag "owner of steven" then register a playername "steven", after, and pretend you are a puppet master. This can be solved by naming the tag like "owner of steven [the cat]" 

One would merely make the player-name in this scenario "steven the cat", surely?

In any case, I am sure that the population of MD will continue to amuse in unforeseen ways, and I will look forward to any such amusement.

Edited by Aia del Mana

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 4:39 PM, Muratus del Mur said:

By purchasing a cat, you agree that you will accept any future behavior of this animal, including running away from you, mating with other cats and created unwanted kitties, or even if it starts to eat your food. It currently does not do so, but like i said i have plans for this one. 

Methinks if a cat is so valuable, kitties would be desired as well. This is a male cat though, and I assume that ownership of kittens would go to the owner of the mother cat under common law?

• Root Admin

To clarify this. 

It is intentional, to let YOU (population of md) do whatever you wish and adjust the resulting value of whatever happens on your own. On my part i am ready for anythibg you may throw to me (=>MD) ..for example you might decide that you s8xh not to continue the bloodline of any kitties..or to infest md with as much cats as possible..i am ready for all.

The current female is (will be) in Handy Pockets hands, as the initial gift i made (so much fun it was). The male and female must me under the same account , its your responsability under what terms you do this. MD tribunal will judge the eventuality of such fraud keeping in kind that the tlrisk exists, but the people involved are honorable.

Right now, the cats CAN NOT REPRODUCE , this is future work, and the cats will be the prototype of a new series of functions in md game dynamics.

I can not estimate when this will function, but i am very motivated to do this. 

In the beginning, to speed up things, i might provide an other female for experiments only, to see how this works  but i will try not to dirsupt the "cat economy" with my experiments.

*there might be undisclosed good things for the winner of the auction, but i can not tell them because i am righr now not sure i can provide the things i am planning. The value of the auction is for me an indicator of how much interest it is for this feature and this is proportional to my motivation to work on this further. Right now, the value exceeds any expectations.

To be fully honest with everyone  once this auction is over , there will be an other auction with a very cool item, so that rhe top gold holders in md will be less rich :))) and my stock of gold for random gifts will be replenished. (Next year)