What is your Path

Morrggana

what is your choice  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First of all: Where can i find Catholizism? Where the heck are ALL the christian religions?!

And second: there's a HUGE difference between agnostizism and atheism, one means believing in nothing and the other means believing that there is nothing, and i can tell you that really believing there is NOTHING is a tough job, only about 0,01% of mankind do that, while about 10% claim they are agnostics...

[quote name='Burns' post='18212' date='Oct 10 2008, 06:04 PM']First of all: Where can i find Catholizism? Where the heck are ALL the christian religions?!

And second: there's a HUGE difference between agnostizism and atheism, one means believing in nothing and the other means believing that there is nothing, and i can tell you that really believing there is NOTHING is a tough job, only about 0,01% of mankind do that, while about 10% claim they are agnostics...[/quote]

I'm not in the mood to fight, but since you Don't know I should tell you that somewhere in the middle of my last edit this post crashed on me thus is incomplete, now keep your tounge in check & if you have nothing Nice to post , then DON'T.

[quote name='dst' post='18213' date='Oct 10 2008, 06:16 PM']Also where's orthodoxism?[/quote]

Greetings DST I'll be adding Orthodoxism shortly, also (& that goes to everyone), please remember that a human cannot remember ALL cathegories of everything.

Thanks

[quote name='Burns' post='18212' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:04 PM']First of all: Where can i find Catholizism? Where the heck are ALL the christian religions?!

And second: there's a HUGE difference between agnostizism and atheism, one means believing in nothing and the other means believing that there is nothing, and i can tell you that really believing there is NOTHING is a tough job, only about 0,01% of mankind do that, while about 10% claim they are agnostics...[/quote]

uh yeah big diff between agnost and atheïst.. me being one of 'em..
but yeah if it crashed.. well.. then i suggest people pick other and then just type they got christian.. else you have to make a new topic..

[quote name='Burns' post='18212' date='Oct 10 2008, 04:04 PM']And second: there's a HUGE difference between agnostizism and atheism, one means believing in nothing and the other means believing that there is nothing, and i can tell you that really believing there is NOTHING is a tough job, only about 0,01% of mankind do that, while about 10% claim they are agnostics...[/quote]
That is a fascinatingly garbled set of definitions.

Agnosticism is the belief that ultimate reality, or spiritual truth, or whatever, is unknowable.

Atheism is the belief that there is no god or gods.

There are a lot of shades of meaning in both ranges of belief. Many self-labeled [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/agnostic"]agnostics[/url] simply don't care to think about such things as theology or "ultimate truth". I think the vast majority of self-described [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheist"]atheists[/url], I being one of them, would accept the statement that "the existence of an omnipotent being, godlike being, or creator of the universe is so exceedingly improbable as to be dismissible for all practical intents."

The belief in nothing is nihilism, and as you point out, true [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nihilist"]nihilists[/url] are rare in the extreme.

@ Morrggana - please note that Buddhism, in its strictest form, is an atheistic philosophy, and the (East, not Native American) Indian continuum of beliefs and philosophies includes other forms of atheism as well.

I'm too many things to pick, what do you call someone who likes to learn about all Religions at least a little and just follow their own Path?

I usually tell people I'm Agnostic, but in truth I'm only Agnostic about the Existence of "God"

If I had to pick Religions I tend to agree with, or at least find many Ideas I like, I'd pick Buddhism and Taoism.

chewett, you should explain these made up religions if your going to list them. What sort of Holidays Jedi's get to take off, you know important stuff like that :D

I'm orthodox by birth and I follow my own set of rules. Is hard to discover the principles which are deep in my flesh, sometimes lonely but that's my way.

The good things in life comes free !
[spoiler]friendship, love, health, nature, onesty, hemp, etc[/spoiler]

Good Morning MD^^
I have nice things too say, too, but yesterday i was a bit pissed off because of several reasons, including the fact that i had learned mostly all day while my brother kept annoying me and that it was well past midnight when i posted...
I apologize for being a bit rude, but when it comes down to religion, i'm not used to being ignored :D

I am christian myself, rom.cath. as we call it, although i disagree with some of the teachings of the pope-.-

And i've chosen my words as i did just to show that some people might not see the difference between agnostics and atheist at once, but it's there, and it matters.

Well I don't know what to vote for.

All I know is just that I don't believe in any religion, but I do like reading about the principles of different religions.

I am not really sure if I am Agnostic or an Atheist... : /

I shall explain for Chewett!

During the last UK Census a rumour went around that if enough people but down the same made up religion under 'Other:' it would become an official religion. I think it also went round by email and people were encouraged to put down jedi - so now in the UK we have about 10,000 people who according to the government officially believe in the force!

@Granos - Have you been touched by his noodley appendage?

Ohh i see where I messed up - It needed 10,000 to be an official reglion, 390,000 put it down

If you don't believe: [url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2757067.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2757067.stm[/url]

First of all, I'm an Atheist, and now here's my rant against all the religions. NO RACISM INTENDED. PLEASE DONT' BE OFFENDED. It's just a joke, and I'm not this ignorant.

Budism- I don't like starving myself to get some happy life thing.

Islam- We've got terrorists fighting for Allah, to regain some holy city thing. Why the hell would they have to do that, fight for the guy who made Earth and all who inhabit it. Seriously, if he can do that, he wouldn't need a bunch of guys fighting for him.

Taoism- Ying and Yang? Screw that, you can be perfectly happy without ever knowing sadness.

Hinduism- The red dot on their forehead just scares the crap out of me.

Judaism- I can't believe they're still alive, seriously. With all the prejudice going on, I'm scared what'll happen to me if I become a Jew, so sorry, I value life.

Asatru- Didn't know this one, had to research. Hello... Vikings? People died? Make the connection?

Native American Spirituality- Native American, I am not.

Wica- Didn't know this one, had to research. Witches are scary, don't they, like, turn you into a frog or something? Nope, not doing this.

Scientology- Tom Cruise.... Tom Cruise..... I still don't know why people do this thing.

Agnostcism- Again, had to research this thing. I completely agree, isn't it the same thing as Atheism?

Nosticism- Had to research.Same thing as Christianity, just stranger.

VooDoo- Again with the frogs.

Jediism- Had to research. Star Wars addict, I am not.

Luciferianism- Had to research. Errrrr... yeah.... and I would worship some devil... why?

Satanism- No, no, no, I am not wearing black and being some hippie for the rest of my life. NO.

Atheism- Yep, makes sense

Orthodoxism- Too lazy to research, so no.

Christianity (& ALL it's branches)- OK, I'm not saying there is no God. But I'm not gonna say some book written by some random guy (yep, NOT GOD) is written by some god. Jesus Christ...

You have no idea how long it took me to write this, I don't even know most of these religions, or whatever they're called.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Pyrofalkon' post='18299' date='Oct 13 2008, 01:11 AM']Wica- Didn't know this one, had to research. Witches are scary, don't they, like, turn you into a frog or something? Nope, not doing this.[/quote]

Well, you have a Totally wrong image at Wicca...
We don't turm pple in frogs... or something...

The most important things are that whatever you do, don't hurt other pple...
Also Nature is importans, and that everything in this world has a bit god-ish in it...
And no we don't fly brooms ^_^"

M

This is cool. I like it! Thanks! ^_^

I think it might be more descriptive if you list Shamanism instead of Native American Spirituality. Kind of like listing Christianity instead of listing all the branches.

Also, please consider listing Paganism to include all the earth-based religions.

:)

[quote name='Sage' post='26576' date='Mar 7 2009, 03:31 PM']Well, you have a Totally wrong image at Wicca...
We don't turm pple in frogs... or something...

The most important things are that whatever you do, don't hurt other pple...
Also Nature is importans, and that everything in this world has a bit god-ish in it...
And no we don't fly brooms ;)"

M[/quote]

May I add ...

Wicca is part of Paganism. It's an earth-based religion, which focuses on the nature, the here and now. Unlike religion such as Christianity, which focuses on the heavenly, the after life.

I have some objections with Wicca,is the neo religion of the Ancient Religion or Great mother,where exist two principles the masculine and feminine,where the triplet god apears as maiden,mother and crone,also the triplet godness can be see in various others religions few example are the Three Medusas,Persephone,The Fates and in Christianity with the triple Father,Saint spirit,Son.The god is Corniferus,alas thats where if comes the word cornucopia,meaning fertility and reproduction the god was despicted as having horns and similar to a two legged Bambi(really sorry just dont know the damn name of the animal in english lol XD).

This whole description is what it used to be,now wicca just turned into major bullshit for unexperienced practioners,believing in their crystals and even mixing tarot to that,Wicca thinks that everything will come into triple where thats not true,since in the base of Ancient Religion its said about the ballance of everything why its needed good and the same goes for evil......You really must know the stupidness of covens....once i was part of one,the chief of the coven it was realllly stupid tried to teach them what was the religion but those people most want a escape from RL,im not generalizing im talking about angry teenagers and their hormones trying to rebel....

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Wicca, Treehill.

I was raised Christian. I don't like most people at Church. I can't really call myself Wiccan, since I'm still new to it. I have no interests in joining a coven or anything to that effect. I just recently renewed my interest in spiritual matters, so I rather consider myself spiritual not religious. I'm also learning about shamanism and just started practicing meditation and tarot. I found there're a lot of similarities between them, at least conceptually, in a way.

I agree with you. I don't think tarot is part of Wicca. It just so happens that Wiccan often likes to use tarot. Theology isn't my strong point. There's so much information out there that I just keep what makes sense to me. I hope my ignorance in Wicca doesn't upset you. What you said was interesting.

I think it's human nature that people make careless assumptions that hurt other people, without even making any efforts to know & understand the situation. I suppose what we could do is be compassionate and learn to communicate better. That way, everyone would be benefited from it at the end.

Peace! ^_^

Wicca Is often wisunderstood, even by those who call themselves 'wiccan'
Some friends o me made a 'coven' ... Well, it was bullshit indeed...
I do believe in Tarot, because it came to truth every time with me... But most of them is just show.. and that gives it a bad name -_-

M

Gridalthea ignorance cannot hurt anyone,but oblivion can,you just stated what you thought, and its from at least my point of view,the right thing,tarot came from others sources but we do use it cause the Wicca(Old Religion)is about learning and developing what already exist,predicting future is something that exist in humanity since they knew how to walk.

By the way what is supposed to teach in what they cal a coven is how to prepare herbs,philosofy,biology,psicology and various others things that in that age was considered magic!Imagine in that age someone could read every body movement of someone and knew when they were lieing?Isnt something only "Witches" could do?Indeed even today is considered by most people something really impossible to do such feat,though its proved wrong.

And tarot,you know,the first thing you learn in wiccan is no one can predict the future,but have a better understanding and acessment of the situation,the tarot help us by guiding our vision n unexpected ways,by random a figure can mean something to you while if another person reads the meaning just mutates,you dont see the future but you see the most probably ways you would go....its all about your personality.

Destiny or Fate doesnt exist in the way everyone believes,there isnt anything written about what will happen to you,but the path you may take is already written by your personality,it may change if your personality changes....its your decision that makes your future.