Wish Shop

Udgard

The Wish Shop  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe there is a small thing called Festival.
Plus, the idea is to come with a nice role and keep playing it so in the end you get those tags when you already have them (i mean when you already are known for that role.)

Names: your name is what you chose, if you don't like it you should not chose it, anyway, when it comes to Festival you can ask in your wish page a change of name.
If your name is obscene will be banned, or if your name is a official one, you will be asked to suggest a new name for you.

At least that is how things happen until now.

Hmmm.. okay then. It's sad though that we will have to wait for the Festival, instead. But then again, there will be better things to use your WP's on. The name and tag-getting will be easier to get and will be more deserved then. :D

heres a list of things I would like to see in the Wish Shop

1. Extra creature slot (5slots-1wp)
2. MD credits (each WP=X amount of credits)
3. Custom Avatars (1 or 2 WP)
4. I liked to see Wish Shop creatures instead of having MDS creatures in the Wish Shop...make each shop unique.
5. Unique spells (debateable on cost)
6. A Round trip to ANY place in MD (cost depending on where you want to go)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='gremlin' date='30 June 2009 - 05:07 AM' timestamp='1246298829' post='35687']
heres a list of things I would like to see in the Wish Shop

1. Extra creature slot (5slots-1wp)
2. MD credits (each WP=X amount of credits)
3. Custom Avatars (1 or 2 WP)
4. I liked to see Wish Shop creatures instead of having MDS creatures in the Wish Shop...make each shop unique.
5. Unique spells (debateable on cost)
6. A Round trip to ANY place in MD (cost depending on where you want to go)
[/quote]

These all sound good to me another one that could be interesting would be to use a wishpoint to give age to your creatures for example 1 wishpoint gives 20 age to all creatures or something or even individual.

As for spells have these been in the wish shop previously? i am just curious to know if you would need spell docs for these or if you can just buy the ones you would like with your wishpoints?

Edited by Sparrhawk

Spell docs are different to spells, and used very differently as well, they do not relate to each other

Wish Shop was not open properly before, but if i recall spells weren't for sale in there previously, no. also not sure how you would be able to do that with an automated system Grem.

Age wont happen either, 20 days is not that much for one thing, and waiting for creatures to age is a sort of test of patience, i doubt that it would get put in.

Actually just pointing out that the Wish Shop is going to be fully automated (far as i know) kinda stops some of the things (Avy's, spells, round trips) you want in it by itself.

would be nice to make it 1-3 uses of the [spell], but recharge the counter once per month (maybe even make it 1 use per month per WP spend, with the option to invest a certain number of wps in the specific spell). thats in no way excessive, but it symbolises a lasting achievement :D as for the automated trips: having a 24/48h timer for access to those locations and an automated teleport to GoE once the timer runs out would allow this sort of roundtrip.

Edited by Nex

I would really love a heal spell, go along well with my role, but I will not spend a wish point on something that isn't permanent. As for name changes, I don't see why not. Lots of people choose their name before they have any idea what MD is about and before they have any role at all, but have put in time and effort on the account. Heck, 1 WP for a name change almost seems like too much.

• Root Admin

Sorry but i must laugh a bit....
You seen only a fraction of whats allready in the shop. There are about 35 items there, only 2 are public at the moment.

The wish shop is planned to replace the things that are given during the festival and keep the festival for more festive things.

Wish shop will have things that are currently not possible, like ability to edit clickable items (4 levels of items), ability to change subtitle of locations for x ammount of time, unique creatures NOT available in the MDS or on the map. Access to different locations (permanent) is also a possibility. Spless with limited uses (not regeneratable like for RPC) will be also there. WP for credits will be removed i think, i don't want to mix MDS with wish shop too much.

4wp wil probably be the most expensive item, and its the K doc because it means basicaly to start a new group and more people can use it after.

The cost is divided in two ways, there is the actual wp cost of each item and the requirements to get to that item. For example, an item might cost 1 wp but to get to it you will need to spend 3 wp on other items, sort of like the depth in the MDS, only this time the items wont be visible in advance but you will see all of those you unlock not just few.

The wp are not like credits, they count a lot even if used. Actualy the wp count is not substracted, they are only taged as used and for what reason, but if you use 3wp you still are considered that your overall achievment was of 3wp. This score might count later for a top of some sort, or even as base for deciding rpc roles (not sure yet).

While regular players will get from the wishshop rpc-like abilities, the rpcs will retain certain benefits such as ability to edit one type of items not editable by anyone else, regenerating spells, reward abilities (spells, items, creatures) , the only one to give wishpoints (!) and most important i think is that the rpc group is the one with the heaviest decision and authority over what happens in the realm.

There is a possibility that there will be one wp given out by solving a quest, the broken pattern quest. Currently i am rewarding it with a wp but its slow and i miss to reward some that did solve it, so i think to make it automaticaly, even if its obvious that most will use the solution to get a wp for their alts too..but its just one afterall (and puzzle could be randomized based on player id :D).

Also there is a problem in how RPC get wp ... well i am still a bit confused about this :D .. but i do plan something. I have a little surprise for rpcs that will contain about 4 wp, IF they are able to find them, more about it its allready said partialy in an other post, i wont tell it here. (might be ready for next festival, not now anyway)

Just a suggestion Mur, instead of making items require spending a certain amount of WP to unlock (like MDS), why don't it be based on total amount of WPs that has been acquired instead? Therefore people won't have to spend their WPs on things they do not want, yet those who work hard for WPs will still get access to something better.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='13 July 2009 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1247483562' post='36922']
There is a possibility that there will be one wp given out by solving a quest, the broken pattern quest. Currently i am rewarding it with a wp but its slow and i miss to reward some that did solve it, so i think to make it automaticaly, even if its obvious that most will use the solution to get a wp for their alts too..but its just one afterall (and puzzle could be randomized based on player id :D).[/quote]
If you can solve the puzzle once, you can solve it again. Randomness only increases the time to solve it. Changing the starting tile would give me a minute of work to get the new solution.

Most of the wish shop items mentioned are anything but unique. If you use a wp to get an item for your character, that is something unique and lasting. If you buy 'ten uses of spell x' it is neither lasting, nor unlikely that someone else will buy the same spell. I'd like the option to spend a wp on an actual wish: you write down what you wish for, pay one or more wp and it gets reviewed. No guarantees that it will come true, or if it is granted, that it is like you wanted: your wish might be impossible, or interpreted wrong. (eg If you wish to be undefeatable in combat, you might become unable to participate in combat altogether, hence nobody can defeat you.)
It would be a manual process, but how many people have wish points and are willing to take the risk? I'm certain there are lots of people that have unique wishes though. You can write your wishes in your papers or on the forum, or try spamming mail... none of that has a guarantee it will be read and by spending wish points on it you would once again prove your dedication to your idea.

The game is called Magic Duel and I would love to see a way for a person to gain permanent magical abilities. Some people have them I know, but in a game like Magic Duel one might expect magic would be a little more common. I understand reserving some abilities for individuals who are very exceptional, but I don't see why weaker spells and abilities aren't more easily accessible.

MD has magic all around...it begins with your first step, the very first person you talk to and even your very frist creature. Magic in MD continues to grow but to see it one must open their eyes and broden their mind. Magic in my book constitutes as entering a new area or making new friends or even growing closer with freinds and a comunity. Like Mur said "The Magic is all around" You dont have to have spells to have magic.

Edited by gremlin

i like kafuuka's idea. wishpoints should be spent on what it is named after, wishes. and just like with all wishes, it may or may not come true, or may come true but not as you would like. wishpoints shouldn't be made into a currency like, hey this item is for 2 WP. each WP should be worth exactly one wish.

My main concern is that wishes should be unique, while the wish shop makes them generic. To actually make an unique wish should cost any number of wish points greater than zero. Some wishes are small, some wishes are big, some are impossible. The way I would design it, there could be four possible outcomes such a gamble:
1. Your wish is granted.
2. Your wish is conditionally granted: you get a vague description of what you must do and upon meeting the requirements it gets granted. This might include sacrificing more wish points.
3. Your wish is ignored. (you do get notified of this though)
4. Your wish is interpreted wrong and you now live with the consequences... if you are still alive that is.

The more you ask for in your wish, the more likely you end up with a bad effect. Personally I would also reward originality. Also it seems like so much fun to think of wrong interpretations and considering who will get to have this fun, this makes an excellent persuasion to implement it. I don't think it will take that much time to review, since this feature is not going to be used daily. There are not that many wish points given yet, a lot are probably already used and how many people would take the risks? You could loose more than just a wish point.

Well, the original 'wishpoint' was based on, IIRC, the first broken pattern gazeebo contest. There, people DO get a wish granted, but there were no points system in place yet. Winners simply get a wish. Then Morgana's first quest gave out the first wishpoint, because the rewards was supposed to be quite special. After that, however, the value of wishpoints plummetted quite a bit with some easy quests floating around (and even worse, some RPCs that offered WPs in exchange for getting them adepts, I won't name any, but it did happen). Although WP distribution has been better organized right now, there is still too many WPs floating around to let each people ask for a wish for a single WP. Right now there should be a total of more than 100 WP distributed among the players. Imagine how much work it would take if every wish needs to be examined. However, if anyone has a 'wish' they want to ask to Mur, and they have a lot of wish points, I'm sure that those wish points will be put into consideration by Mur when examining your wish(es). I just don't think that it is time for a system (either manual or automated) specifically designed to examine all wish requests is suitable at this time.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='20 July 2009 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1248097476' post='37539']
total of 100? make it 240 I think..rough number, but I'm positive it's about that number total.
[/quote]

And how many of those aren't already spent? And how many of those that are still available would people be willing to spend on a gamble?

I'd appreciate it if people were to answer those questions instead of just giving me negative reputation points. My estimate of what would be left for gambling is about 10 wishpoints. Starting with over 200 distributed points, in the next few days half of them will be spent on access, xp resets and creatures. And then people will hold on to the remaining points for really cool and tangible rewards that might be released in the future. I doubt more than 10% will gamble with their points. And given the possibility of adding a previously spent requirement... I don't think reviewing 10 wishes is going to take that much effort and after the initial ones, it will take a while for the 'daring' people to get new points; to the point some might argue that it is going to be so infrequently used it might as well not be implemented.

If you put the idea for a unique wish really deep in the WP shop I could see it working. After buying 10 other wishes you unlock the ability to send a PM to someone who will review your request and such. A single WP does not deserve that much time in my opinion though.