Calling all Slaves ... or subs

Kragel

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Your character name (the one that will be the slave).
[/b]
.Ailith.

[b]If it is male or female.[/b]

erm it is female

[b]And a couple of points that people should know to be able to bid on you [/b]

Ailith is RPC, MP6, one of the strongest fighters in the realm... erm... well, it's Ailith, innit? ;)

Up to 5 days

I do not have a friendly squirrel, but I do have quite a peaceful iguana....

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Metal Bunny' post='29579' date='Apr 28 2009, 04:41 PM'].Metal Bunny.

Male

Services include a lot of things. But if treated very badly, this bunny will bite back and escape.

Services do not include; the Bunny Empire, tiny people or the BM.

Will be a slave for 3 days.[/quote]

Oh, you better believe him. I've been bitten by a bunny in RL. I still have a mark on my arm... :spiteful:

working up a market value for items and for creatures

still unsure if we should allow credits to be used also or now should ask mur his thoughts on that

will have further info on that in my hate page under slaves for auction

Note: if you don't sell for more than 10 coins you don't earn 10% that's only fair sorry lol so make sure someone loves you and get them to bid

Edited by Kragel

[quote name='Kragel' post='29624' date='Apr 28 2009, 08:45 PM']Note: if you don't sell for more than 10 coins you don't earn 10% that's only fair sorry lol so make sure someone loves you and get them to bid[/quote]
You have a strange idea of what "fair" is if you are unwilling to share 10% of the slave's final selling price with those who wish to prostitute themselves out like this.
If one were sold for 5 silver, using the rules of rounding, you would be required to pay that person 1 silver, as 10% of 5 is .5 and that, when rounded properly, becomes one. This same method of rounding is applied to most, if not all, currency transactions the world over.
This would lead to the conclusion that [i]any[/i] slave who sold for [b]five or more silver [/b]would earn, at the bare minimum, a single silver for their trouble.

However, truncating percentages, as opposed to rounding them appropriately, is cheating your slaves out of what you promised would be theirs. However, I would expect nothing less from one who trafficked in "merchandise" such as this.

I see an issue with the number of people being sold and the number of coins on the market... Very VERY few people have 10 or more coins. What I have heard so far is that Kriskah doesn't really need the coin, and I haven't been told what Kragel is doing with it. So, Kragel is getting free coin (fine, it's your idea I guess, percentage has not been given) and Kriskah is getting coin that's not particularly needed. Slaves are likely not getting any coin at all (since most people don't have 10 coins and there are so darn many people being auctioned).

So... Kragel gets coins? Not to be rude or anything, but could we go over percentages and what exactly this is going towards, like EXACTLY? Cause this doesn't really seem like a fundraiser and I don't see why people wouldn't just sell themselves for direct profit to themselves.

I havent spoke with Kragel about the auction. But I am certain he is not doing this to get rich. The MDS are not for him, they are not for my selfish purpuses either.

MDS, creatures... they all will be used as rewards (storytellings, performances), salarys (collaborations, traders)... at least that is what I understood.

Percentages... I do believe that could be discussed a bit more. But history tells us slavery does not benefit the slave at all, it is the complete oposite of fairness.

K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' post='29633' date='Apr 28 2009, 09:46 PM']These slaves are volunteer slaves. As such, there's no reason for the slave not to turn this to make a profit for themselves, unless of course proceeds are going to a good cause.[/quote]

it _is_ a good cause.... this fair will build community and hopefully implement better ways we can help each other out.

*turns her nose up at those who are above being a slave for charity, and would only do such a thing selfishly in hopes of personal monetary gain...that's almost as bad as...gasps...as those who shave parts of their bodies*

Indeed, and why not get a job that pays?

As I said Phantom, people would only do this for a good cause. And I don't see enough reason to believe that it'll work out that way. If Kragel is not doing this to get rich, what is it that his coin is going toward? I understand he is taking some, how much and why? Certainly if we are expected to donate ourselves anything he gets must go toward a good cause yes?

Edited by Guybrush Threepwood

I had an idea, but I havent discuss this yet with anyone because it need further... whats the word...? hmmm elaboration. The founds could be used too for a job market.

People (particulary those with no MDS) can be hired and payed/rewarded. This in time could help the recreation of a real economy. I dont know... it is just a thougt... it needs work.

K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

I am under the impression that any coin raised will go to purchase the items to be sold at the market. A start-up capital, if you will, to enable Kriskah to have a supply of items to sell, thus stimulating the MD economy.

It is my understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong for I would like to know, that Kragel will help to purchase some of these items, which is why he is recieving the coinage, not to use for his personal gain. If he is keeping the coin for himself, I will have to re-evaluate my participation.

I, for one, am not taking the 10% commission, as I volunteered myself to benefit the Market and not for a monetary reward.

[quote name='MRD' post='29569' date='Apr 28 2009, 08:58 AM']ps. I plan to buy pample, you all can TRY and bid against me but in the end i will win her :)[/quote]

I wish I can bid against you to prevent you from winning Pample - my by loved leader, but my force is still weak and cash is low (none). :cray:

[quote name='pamplemousse' post='29638' date='Apr 29 2009, 12:14 AM']I am under the impression that any coin raised will go to purchase the items to be sold at the market. A start-up capital, if you will, to enable Kriskah to have a supply of items to sell, thus stimulating the MD economy.

It is my understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong for I would like to know, that Kragel will help to purchase some of these items, which is why he is recieving the coinage, not to use for his personal gain. If he is keeping the coin for himself, I will have to re-evaluate my participation.[/quote]

That'd be lovely and all, but Kriskah has not yet mentioned any such thing as far as this being the case. And she has already responded a few times. Also, I'm not sure if the idea is for Kriskah to have a great deal of items for trade, or to have an open air market. I guess I was leaning toward the latter. If Kriskah wants to create an in-game economy all on her own, I guess that's good to.

*Pokes Pamplemousse with his foot as she rests on the beach*