Change Of Leadership

Amoran has left the guardians and gone to the COE.

As of now the leadership of the alliance of the GOTR will be held by myself and Ibruzu shall be my second.
If I am away or unfit to lead, Ibruzu will be able to take over as required.
We hope to return the alliance to its former glory and restore it as a proper martial force in the defence of Loreroot.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact myself or Ibruzu.

Thank you for your time.

Amoran left stating that we should find ourselves a new leader. It seems that I have the support of most, if not all of the alliance members.
If you or anyone else have issue with this, you are most welcome to ask the alliance members and see the general opinion for yourself.
Ibruzu was also appointed on the basis of general approval from his peers.

I believe that is more than fair and correct.

P.S. No offence taken. You have the right to ask questions.

Edited by Firsanthalas

Firsanthalas, upon leaving the alliance I did not leave its leadership in your hands... I simply left.

Wasn't it heavily questioned that just because you are left the head of an alliance, does not necessarily mean you are its leader?

Weren't you going to put ME up to a vote to get me kicked out anyway?

Well I have a demand of my own, that your leadership be put up to a vote. Since you felt it right to do so with me, I demand it be done the same for you.

It got to the point to where I felt unwelcome in the alliance, really now... How is that okay? I have worked my [spoiler] ass off [/spoiler]for the Guardians only to be treated like crap in the end.

EDIT: crap is not a cuss word.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol
Please don;t swear anymore.

(just wanted to add that i love how people's private issues with each other seem to end up on the forum these days, please don't let yourself be stopped by someone as small as me... keep it up, i want to have some fun when i browse through the forums tomorrow^^)

I guess since there's no official record of a transfer of power, then it never happened, right Akasha? Or do the Guardians of the Root even exist anymore? I'm still not straight on that... care to enlighten everyone? Oh, also, if Firsanthalas is the new leader, when does the stalking and harassment begin for him? Does he get a grace period of a few days before the constant earfocusing and forum attacks start or does that begin now? I just want to know how to properly treat the leader of Loreroot.

You may treat me anyway you want to Glor, as may anyone else.
I will simply say only that I am leader by virtue of being accepted by the majority of people presently within the GOTR alliance. If for any reason I am wrong in this matter then I invite any and all in the alliance to state here the fact that they would like me to step down.
There will be no recriminations for my part and should the majority of the alliance call for it here I shall step aside.
So, unless this happens, I would kindly request that all bickering and accusations on the subject come to a halt.

ohhh... GotR has found a new leader =)

the first guy who's bright enough to do a reversal of the burden of proof...
instead of asking the community to elect him, he says that he is the leader, and those who are not willing to follow him shall speak up :)

THAT's what i want to hear from a true leader, congrats, Firs ^^

Of the members I have spoken to so far, most agree that Firs is now the current leader with Ibruzu as his second. I have not spoken with everyone, but most are satisfied. He has taken a hold of a job that I would not want and is trying to get our ship back on course.

He is also very approachable.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Burns' post='32640' date='Jun 3 2009, 08:49 PM'](just wanted to add that i love how people's private issues with each other seem to end up on the forum these days, please don't let yourself be stopped by someone as small as me... keep it up, i want to have some fun when i browse through the forums tomorrow^^)[/quote]

because these are not private issues. they are to do with LR which is MD. Just because it has to do with a few characters it actually effects a whole land.

[quote name='GlorDamar' post='32641' date='Jun 3 2009, 08:52 PM']I guess since there's no official record of a transfer of power, then it never happened, right Akasha? Or do the Guardians of the Root even exist anymore? I'm still not straight on that... care to enlighten everyone? Oh, also, if Firsanthalas is the new leader, when does the stalking and harassment begin for him? Does he get a grace period of a few days before the constant earfocusing and forum attacks start or does that begin now? I just want to know how to properly treat the leader of Loreroot.[/quote]

Nice post Glor. perhaps you need a sarcasm warning on that

I Propose a simple contest that every lorerootian will be able to vote for regardless of position or place.

If you put the contest on the forum you can A) make sure that no one will have cheated and B) this will be an offical thing that has documentation on the forum.

If you wish me to do this then it will be a few days and i will speak with you. But i dont think that because you have said "most people" have said to you that they support you. I should rule MD since most people think i should. No offence but the general word "most" has been used too much lately.

On behalf of the Children of the Eclipse and our Sibyl, LunarGoddess, I wish to state that we of the Eclipse unequivocally support the Guardians of the Root and honour the selection of Firsanthalas as their leader, without regard to how he was chosen, which we feel is none of our affair.

Let the alliances in Loreroot stand united! Let us shed our blood, not against each other, but against those who would dictate to us from without!

[quote name='Firsanthalas' post='32645' date='Jun 3 2009, 03:09 PM']You may treat me anyway you want to Glor, as may anyone else.
I will simply say only that I am leader by virtue of being accepted by the majority of people presently within the GOTR alliance. If for any reason I am wrong in this matter then I invite any and all in the alliance to state here the fact that they would like me to step down.
There will be no recriminations for my part and should the majority of the alliance call for it here I shall step aside.
So, unless this happens, I would kindly request that all bickering and accusations on the subject come to a halt.[/quote]

I cannot speak for "others" within the Alliance. I speak for myself. Like Amoran, Firsan also worked hard for the GOTR. I saw it when I was an Mp3. I learned more when Nelya Setesh invited me into the Alliance when I was Mp4. I was invited into the High Council months after I became Mp5. I will not Itemize (unintentional pun) the Past. I support Firsanthalas as Leader of the GOTR. This is only my opinion. I respectfully request that Heated arguments be sent to my Private Messages.

@Amoran and Glor: my sarcasm won't use for your problems , but i will point a power abuse that needed to be solved..but nobody spoke about it: :lol:

Tarq. is leader, his alt, Keith Moon also a leader
Amoran was leader, her alt, Kalamira Kol also a leader

2 people...having 4 leader places, it is like 4 people saying the same thing.

You can come to me and say that the characters are different ...well..then what is doing Kalamira in Loreroot and picking on Yrthilian on why he took a seed from the ground?? oh and btw..was not MDA a neutral land? if so, how could a different character, but an alt of Amoran act like a character from Loreroot dedicated to Loreroot and Tarq.?

I see people suporting in their statesments here on Firsantalas, of course i will pick on the records that need to be stated here and kept, like Tarq. declaration.

Yes, Amoran hates me..as far as i remember , nobody pointed to you as a leader you came and TOOK the alliance with Nelya, then Mur changed Nelya password so that you can't use it anymore, but you took care to throw everybody out of the alliance 'just to be sure' and then left yourself in 'so that you can invite people in' so... you just kicked everyone and put yourself leader. Mur NEVER pointed to YOU, Amoran leader. People started to complain about you, the way you took the alliance, the way you (and the others) invoke rules and 'history stories'. At first i did not believe that, but after more told me, with strong arguments, and after what i knew i simply could not take this drama anymore.

After your YM trial on me and Mur and even before that, people started to feel sick of MD and Loreroot and some people from there...wonder why...

I kindly ask the people to stay in their place and think at the power they like to have and what they actualy can do, if it goes bad, please rethink and try to correct and accept bad opinions. Amoran did that in the end, by moving from the Gotr to Coe...but like's to show that she is a victim...well, i consider that MD and people from it are a victim of what happens in Loreroot, and no, Md is not remaining without characters ... but if the chances are taken like the 'power abuse' from the leaderships ... it may cause lack of interests and that is bad. Or like the takeover some people done...or the rules putted just to show 'who the boss is' ...

Now, i kindly ask the ones that feels guilty, like Amoran and Glor did to pick on me, and not to take a look at what is going on in MD and Loreroot, as it seems that more important is to pick on the one that speaks and points the problems, i will enjoy it as always :) and that was my ending sarcasm .

Have fun

To my dear Akasha.

As I've said numerous times, both in these forums and in personal discussion with you... your points are valid, but your methods are terrible. There is no need to resort to harassment and public defamation to get your point across. If the tribulations in Loreroot are turning people away from the game, your attitude toward all of those who would dare to stand up to you is as much to blame as anything done by the "leadership" of loreroot that you're so opposed to. You could accomplish much more if you were to handle things diplomatically than the dictatorial approach that you've put to such ham-fisted use. What's more, your association with Mur and lack of a clearly defined role leads other people to believe that your actions have official sanction. I don't like the idea that the MD leadership is trying to bully people into doing what they want... Having spoken with Mur often, I know that it's not him making the decisions to have you do what you're doing, however the appearance of impropriety is certainly there. As much as Loreroot needs to be cleaned up, your attitude and methodology may just need it more.

Someone told me once, "If you dig too deep, you end up covered in mud."

I think that this whole disscussion, with the accusations and the assumptions, have covered those with signifigant power with a signifigant amount of mud. It reflects poorly on the whole of MD, and while I will not say that it is the reason people have become disillusioned, I do not think it has helped to instill a desire for continued involvement.

Imagine how all of this must seem to a newcomer reading these posts. Is that really how you want to project the image of MD, alliances, leaders and RPC's ? Where the problem lies, or what to do about it is a mystery to me, but those in positions of power need to think about how their actions effect the reputation, not only of themselves, but of the whole community.

If they are not willing to refect on their actions and the repercussions of them, perhaps it is high time that we, as a community, rethink our own feelings on their behavior.

[quote name='Akasha' post='32665' date='Jun 3 2009, 11:43 PM']@Amoran and Glor: my sarcasm won't use for your problems , but i will point a power abuse that needed to be solved..but nobody spoke about it: :lol:

Tarq. is leader, his alt, Keith Moon also a leader
Amoran was leader, her alt, Kalamira Kol also a leader

2 people...having 4 leader places, it is like 4 people saying the same thing.

You can come to me and say that the characters are different ...well..then what is doing Kalamira in Loreroot and picking on Yrthilian on why he took a seed from the ground?? oh and btw..was not MDA a neutral land? if so, how could a different character, but an alt of Amoran act like a character from Loreroot dedicated to Loreroot and Tarq.?

I see people suporting in their statesments here on Firsantalas, of course i will pick on the records that need to be stated here and kept, like Tarq. declaration.[/quote]
I am uncertain what you are trying to say.

Keith is leader of the Legend Speakers more or less by default. If Keith has taken an official position on anything, I would like to be reminded what that is. If Keith has come out and used his position in any diplomatic capacity at all, I would like to be told of it. Keith and Tarquinus are separate characters doing separate things, and I think that is very, very easy to demonstrate. If you are set on having Keith step down from the leadership of the Legend Speakers, fine: but point to me the Legend Speaker who is as active or as engaged in the setting as Keith is. Yes, Keith studied what is now considered apocrypha, but that is a recent announcement. He still has a very good idea of what is going on in the realm.

Tarquinus has posted here declaring his [b]unequivocal support[/b] for the Guardians and his intention to honor the selection of Firsanthalas as leader. Where is the problem there? Is there a failure of communication? That is a statement of cooperation and friendliness.

I wish to say that I haven't been saying anything regarding about Loreroot lately simply because of this excessive behaviour. I am not entirely happy about the methods used during this fight, I'd just like to see this come to a rest and being patched up with an apology from both sides.

Yes, both sides. Perhaps both will consider this annoying, and why should they apologize to each other? Out of the sheer respect everyone on MD doing something should have, even if the methods are bound to be enraging people or at least make people question their behaviour.

I was saddened to consider leaving and even doing that finally, retreating from my position both the KC and the HC confirmed. I always thought of it as an interesting place and an interesting position to be in, but with the things as they were I was heavily disliking it.

As to the reason, the lorerootians ought to know, and I find it interesting that I don't get asked for help anymore even though I offered it to Loreroot. So be it then. Unless I get some requests in the near future, I'll withdraw that offer, since apparently they do not wish for my counseling anymore.

As such I can only say, let's see what comes out of it, and I wish those involved the best of luck. I have no right to confirm someone as a leader, I have no right to decide someone is not to be fit a leader: But I wish those aiming for a leadership which grants Loreroot stabilty overall a strong will, and a long rulership.

Hmm

It is sad to see this all beeing draged out again.

I have said it before and i will say it again.
I back Akasha up on the issues and with what has been happining.
I know it is felt that the actions taken were not the right ones and that they were nasty and should not have been used.

Well all i can say to that is Bull. First off the issues that have come to light were there for a long time before any of this kicked off. The ONLY reasion this has come to light is because some decided they would bring it to the atencion of all of MD.

I for one am happy that akasha did what she did even if her methods were unlikes by some. The issues were left anlone to be sorted out but nothing got done or should i say it looked like nothing got done. Questions were asked and insults were fired back.

Now manywant to start this crap off again because they are not happy with how things were dealt with. I was aksed my opinion many time during all of this and i tried to be diplomatic in all my answeres untill i finaly got sice of the step toeing around the isues so i started to answer thoes that asked me with strait point answers and what the issues were.

Do not aske me who how why or when because i will not say!!!

Now that that rant is over. From reading the posts above it looks like Firs has the backing of many and as he said if any have issues say so. I am sure most of this will be recorded into history and i hope the one that does it creats a good story from it. (i will be intrested to see what is said)

As with some of you lets move on and start getting things back on track.
I beleve some have already started the ball rolling on fixking issues and comunications have begone.
Lets see what this new administration can do.

Also just to make a we point as i know this will come up.
Yes me and Firs are RL friend.
No this does not impact on game issues
I have had no involvment in anything that has happened in LR and how it leaders are in place
Yes i will back Firs up as i beleve he will do a good job.

Thanks
Yrth