Another Mur Lecture?

awiiya

Muratus del Mur Lecture  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A while ago, Muratus del Mur made a lecture to all those willing to listen at the Howling Gates about the Transposition Principle which eventually morphed into a lecture on magic in general.

He has stated on a number of occasions that he is willing do another lecture if there is enough interesting.

So, I am putting it out to the general community. If we get enough yes's, I am sure Mur would be willing to give another lecture on one of the topics listed above, or on a topic of his choosing. Should Mur give another lecture?

Awi

Edited by awiiya

*clamors* Lecture! Lecture! Lecture!

I would like to see the topic include Entrophy (because I know a lecture by Mur will include waaaaaaay more than just one topic :P)...Entrophy is the Principle that I understand the least...but I like the sound of it, organization and dilution and all that...fasincating!

[quote name='pamplemousse' post='33752' date='Jun 17 2009, 03:30 PM']*clamors* Lecture! Lecture! Lecture!

I would like to see the topic include Entrophy (because I know a lecture by Mur will include waaaaaaay more than just one topic :P)...Entrophy is the Principle that I understand the least...but I like the sound of it, organization and dilution and all that...fasincating![/quote]

Hmm, that would be interesting. Entropy is a great subject.

I myself am leaning more towards Spheres and Cubes, because it seems to play an integral part in the Realm, but I understand very little about how the geometry relates to the land, beyond the fact that MD was once a cube.

Awi

Since the Angien Island opened, I think it would be beneficial to all if Mur (May His Name Always Be Red) explained a bit more about the Eggs and why it takes so long for them to hatch and their ability to change or work differently for each player. Cubes....well, only squares heads or pants for that matter, really want to know their beginnings! :P

Err...there is a small issue with the poll. Even if you want to choose "No" for the first question you are obliged to choose also one of the topics for the second one. So please add an option with "No principles/I am not intereste/etc".

Yeah...from time to time my bug researcher's skills kick in :P

[quote name='dst' post='33790' date='Jun 18 2009, 02:05 AM']Err...there is a small issue with the poll. Even if you want to choose "No" for the first question you are obliged to choose also one of the topics for the second one. So please add an option with "No principles/I am not intereste/etc".

Yeah...from time to time my bug researcher's skills kick in :P[/quote]

Why don't you want to have a lecture?

• Root Admin

Hmm, 28 to 1 so far, thats acceptable :P

Then tonight?
considering there is a 50% chance it wont be tonight? lol
anyone has a coin to toss?

entropy, cube/geometry, magic plus a bit of spicy insanity, Done.

i cant set a time, my watch is broken (internal that is :P),
so you will have to go with ad-hoc

[quote name='King Manu' post='33809' date='Jun 18 2009, 12:07 PM']Then tonight?
considering there is a 50% chance it wont be tonight? lol
anyone has a coin to toss?[/quote]

How are you planning to give a lecture tonight, if MD is not working yet?! ...Unless it is supposed to be back tonight, which means you will give that lecture!
I have a bunch of coins. Golden or silver? Pick one...

Now back on topic... Indeed it has been a while since Mur's last lecture. It will be profitable for all to be able to read his words again on any topic he chooses to speak about. I was also thinking, and this is going directly towards you Mur, how about if you could give a lecture every once in a week about any subject? Since the MD Univercity( no offense to it) has not been able to arrange new lectures or anything, why don't you, Mur, give the example (yes, once again you will give it) to start having somethings back on track?

Looking forward to it...

• Root Admin

bad news is that hosting sais its not their fault, so server did crashed indeed
they are looking into it but i dont expect much result.

Anyway, now its good. next time you see errors look if its anything about mysql , thnx

i will be updating this with info if i get more from hosting

• Root Admin

ok ..place and aproximate hour announced in newsbox. If anything changes i will update there.
make sure you have enough beer, cookies, or whatever that is that keeps you less stressed lon hours in front of the screen :P .. but come sober ... get drunk on the way :P

• Root Admin

*hears echo* "why why when i have so many things to doo..!!"
*hears echo again* "you have a problem with it? Huh?"

Omg, i am hearing voices. shutup...no you shutup..no you...

*gets away from his mind for a bit*

...lets see, mental disease dictonary.....s....s...here it is...nope...i am not mad, pfeww ...great.......I AM NOT MAD I TELL YOU, shutup

*who said that?*

...Mur is that you?...ah good...then it explains it all....i am not mad, just hearing Mur invisible voice....

Whats a mur?

shutup i tell you

Who me? Mur, thats no way to talk to Mur, signed Mur

How many???

*thinks if he should increase warn level to mur becoz of spam* :P

eh marv dont worry, be happy, we have pamp and mda :P so ya will be able to read it only problem is ya wont be able to ask questions if ya arent attending lecture

now i will steal chews cookies and get ready for lesson

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' post='33855' date='Jun 18 2009, 05:53 PM']i love it when you let out your crazy side Mur, makes things so much more...interesting :P[/quote]

Are you sure this isnt his normal side?

MD looks pretty crazy to me.