Old accounts deleted

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

Does that mean i shouldnt assume that the accounts will be alright?

Do Not Panic however, There is a small problem with the accounts and it is being fixed at the moment. Nothing will be lost. Everything should be saved.

i will repeat all accounts will be safe, it is just taking a little longer than expected.

[quote name='Chewett' post='35450' date='Jun 28 2009, 11:28 AM']Does that mean i shouldnt assume that the accounts will be alright?

Do Not Panic however, There is a small problem with the accounts and it is being fixed at the moment. Nothing will be lost. Everything should be saved.

i will repeat all accounts will be safe, it is just taking a little longer than expected.[/quote]

Little longer because of the recovery of the accidentally erased accounts...lol :P

Edited by Poppitz Resurrection

[quote name='Chewett' post='35450' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:58 PM']Does that mean i shouldnt assume that the accounts will be alright?

i will repeat all accounts will be safe, it is just taking a little longer than expected.[/quote]

Yes you shouldn't assume the accounts are alright :P For we should know it in our heart IT IS ALRIGHT.. Mur is there to protect us from the sky falling on our heads.. so he can surely protect us from something called a net..

[quote name='Death Bell' post='35453' date='Jun 28 2009, 11:37 AM']Yes you shouldn't assume the accounts are alright :P For we should know it in our heart IT IS ALRIGHT.. Mur is there to protect us from the sky falling on our heads.. so he can surely protect us from something called a net..[/quote]

"Yes you shouldn't assume the accounts are alright"

i think.... "Yes you should assume the accounts are alright" is much better to hear.. :good:

[quote name='Death Bell' post='35458' date='Jun 28 2009, 11:52 AM']when you say the deletion is going well with the current account it scares me.. wanna explain that plz O_O[/quote]

it mean only 'current' accounts will be delete...

[quote name='Death Bell' post='35458' date='Jun 28 2009, 12:52 PM']when you say the deletion is going well with the current account it scares me.. wanna explain that plz O_O[/quote]

nope, no comments :diablo:
I am happy with the :db: result :db: of my post :spiteful: , it got you scared :diablo: didn't it :diablo:

omg mine was created in the last year O_O all da hard work.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :cray: :cray: :cray:

But still cool :P now i can build my new account even more stronger than any other mp3 there is MUHAHAAA :spiteful: :spiteful:
So i can surpass liberty and Muad...

oke chew had to say that all accs are oke, just like the staff in airplane, if plane is going to crash they will tell ya everything is going ouu right :D and dont panic :P

yea akasha i play actively at least on 10 of my alts :D and as for others i am pretty sure i logged in recently

• Root Admin

worst case scenario is that i will put a backup up from 2 days ago and repeat the procedure, but the backup might contain the modified accounts allready because this is allready happening for a day...and on top of that, i never used the system backups, i have no clue if they work :P

Second scenario, the most probable one, is that the removed accounts wont be recovarable with all their data. I messed one of the settings table that holds info such as spelldocs, friends, a few mdshop features, but the rest should be just fine. This scenario might be the good one.

Its about 200 lines of mysql code to run, i had to do it several times because it took over 6 hours to run and it didnt seem to finish. I found out later that this is because of mysql bug. Now the script runs in about one hour, but i am still working on it.

Once this is complete, the next time things will go much much faster and safer, but now its first time and its running on data for over 2 years ..so ...

I think in about one hour or less will be up, currently transfering about 200.000 creatures...the remaining data is much smaller

I have to keep md closed during this process because tables get locked and you would see only errors from 5 to 5 minutes and the process will run much slower.

i wonder why the 8 cpu cores are so relaxed instead of doing a "team effort" to finish this .... i will probably torture hosting after this...

[quote name='King Manu' post='35477' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:46 PM'][b]I think in about one hour or less will be up[/b], currently transfering about 200.000 creatures...the remaining data is much smaller[/quote]

that's what he said.... but maybe it might take a little bit more time.. who knows. We have waited for this long why don't we wait for a couple more hours

[quote name='Death Bell' post='35488' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:12 PM']that's what he said.... but maybe it might take a little bit more time.. who knows. We have waited for this long why don't we wait for a couple more hours[/quote]

come on my friend..give him a break..u dont even know how hard this is has going to be..
so why dont we just sit n wait.. and get some life while waiting for it.. :good:

Saluut to The Almighty [color="#FF0000"]Red[/color]... :drinks: