Md Translator

Jubaris

its not that bad :)
best translator i ran into anyway :)

from several attempts, i only ran into some minor problems, but the sense of the sentence stayed pretty much the same

edit: i was trying sentences in Serbian

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

i enjoy that it translates 'lol' cant find other abreviations so far though :)

also i only know bad spanish, french, german, latin, so no good for me to test it properly

EDIT: adding more purpose to the post :)
doesnt translate after a comma...*checks further*
right...translating ''hello my name is grido, how are you?'' goes to ''hallo mein Name ist gridò, how are you?'' removing comma leaves the 'correct' translation so does removing my name, so possibly character limit before comma or something random like that
removing the '?' also gives the correct translation(with bonus question mark) O.o.

Edited by Grido

Ive only tested the french, for basic communication it works fine, but when it comes to certain phrases it gets completely lost in translation, which is to be expected, works well in my book :)

I'll continue testing with other languages :)

Unless you have perfect typing and spelling skills this is ppretty useless. A translator will never be able to replace a human mind, at least not now. Something like that would need a major Investment to do properly. At this stage in md' I believe it is not feasable.

Hmm.. I don't think this would work. It's nice, but for some reason it refuses to translate a sentence I've written in hungarian. And there are some languages (mine for example) which are maybe impossible to fully translate (and to make sense!) with any translation program thingy.

• Root Admin

Also if the interface is in your language and the papers are in (if so badly translated) language, Why do they have to speak English in chat?

suddenly the game becomes your language yet you are forced to speak English in chat...

there is way too much that still gets lost on the way... any secret hints are lost if that gets implemented, you were forced to set straightforward, short instructions and riddles with clear, plain wording, can't have any plays on words, and the whole lyrical section of MD would be completely lost...

*thumb down*

The translator seems good enough to translate the text to be understandable but, as Burns said, there are many things that get lost using the translator...

I've tested Portuguese.

PS: most of the text is translated to Brazilian Portuguese, not to European Portuguese. :)

Edited by xPo

There are some better machine translators than google's, though not for all those languages. None of them is adequate for more than basic comprehension. They generate word salad in every language, which is annoying to read. And there are problems also with charsets.

Please don't implement this feature.

Note: I tested specifically in polish and spanish, but I've also worked professionally as a computational linguist so it's not a naiive opinion that they can't work.