The Caretakers

Chewett

I have been looking for awhile now for something to keep me separate from my alt, Windy. I would like to apply for the available alliance leadership role of the Caretakers, because I believe in the new lands.

The Tribal Lands is a new adventure and I would enjoy bringing traffic to that area. Werewolves, wolves, odd creatures, and vampires seem to be the outcasts of MD and I would like to find a home for our characters. Being a leader of the dark side would be a wonderful opportunity to start a different community.

Thank you.

Edited by Chewett

yeah, gather all the wolves... the faster the better *chuckles*

oh, i could as well post something on topic...
do you think you can handle to lead an ally with an alt? it's somewhat of a full time job to have a good alliance...

and i have the feeling that the purpose of the caretakers is a slightly different one, though i guess that's still open for debate...

Edited by Burns

I have been looking for awhile now for something to keep me separate from my alt, Windy. I would like to apply for the available alliance leadership role of the Caretakers, because I believe in the new lands.

The Tribal Lands is a new adventure and I would enjoy bringing traffic to that area. Werewolves, wolves, odd creatures, and vampires seem to be the outcasts of MD and I would like to find a home for our characters. Being a leader of the dark side would be a wonderful opportunity to start a different community.

Thank you.

Usually werewolves and vampires are the CAUSE of crime scenes, not the cleaning crews. What experience do you have in this regard. Could you perhaps expand on what you want to do with the CareTakers as Leader? Mission Statement, requirement of members and so on.

[quote name='Burns' date='07 September 2009 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1252345234' post='41099']
yeah, gather all the wolves... the faster the better *chuckles*

oh, i could as well post something on topic...
do you think you can handle to lead an ally with an alt? it's somewhat of a full time job to have a good alliance...

and i have the feeling that the purpose of the caretakers is a slightly different one, though i guess that's still open for debate...
[/quote]

I don't want any part of your war plans Burns. Give it a rest. LOL

There are 7 days in a week...Of course I can handle the load of two alts.

I am interested in learning more about those roles when Mur makes them available. XD

• Root Admin

[quote name='Leucretia' date='07 September 2009 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1252343561' post='41097']
Caretakers [view logo]
(previously called "Dark Side"), 10 seats, Tribunal Lands, neutral.
Suggested role: Services to the dead, cleanup of crime scenes, ritual activities, research, mercenaries.
_________

Thank you.
[/quote]

They were previously called the Darkside, Theya re nothing to do with them anymore. The alliance you want is something that isnt being offered. The Caretakers clean up things and such... not host vampires and werewolves

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='07 September 2009 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1252345611' post='41101']
What do you plan on doing with this alliance?
[/quote]

I am so glad that you asked that question as I failed to put my plans in my earlier post. I don't have everything fleshed out as of yet. My intention is to create a place for werewolf, vampire, and oddball kind. As Mur has suggested, we would fill those roles that most characters haven't thought of.

[quote name='SageWoman' date='07 September 2009 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1252346120' post='41103']

Thank you.

Usually werewolves and vampires are the CAUSE of crime scenes, not the cleaning crews. What experience do you have in this regard. Could you perhaps expand on what you want to do with the CareTakers as Leader? Mission Statement, requirement of members and so on.
[/quote]

How very stereotypical of you SageWoman. I expect better from you.

[quote name='Chewett' date='07 September 2009 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1252347031' post='41105']
They were previously called the Darkside, Theya re nothing to do with them anymore. The alliance you want is something that isnt being offered. The Caretakers clean up things and such... not host vampires and werewolves
[/quote]

I am intersted in fulfilling those roles. Not an alliance for werewolves and vampires. You misunderstood me. But since we are on that subject, why can't we fill those roles?

For those of you unable to read, the roles that have been listed--Services to the dead, cleanup of crime scenes, ritual activities, research, mercenaries--are simply suggestions. There is no reason to believe that the alliance need be all or any of those. If the leader has a clear and concise vision, which Leucretia/Windy has yet to state, then the alliance is open to anyone and for any purpose.

However, simply stating that you want a place for oddballs (is that to be read as "those who only know how to godmod"?) and that you "believe in the new lands" is barely reason enough to offer the leadership of the alliance to you.

You are going to have to write much more and be far more convincing if this is something you want.

[quote name='Chewett' date='07 September 2009 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1252348389' post='41107']
You just keep mentioning it would be somewhere for oddball people... Wheras i dont think you would fill it with people who would help and such...

im not convinced your primary objective would be for the alliance...
[/quote]

It amazes me how you pick something out of what someone says and just "chew" it to bits. XD
Luckily, Mur is the one who chooses the leaders and not you. Anyway, that is where I am going with this. :D

• Root Admin

So, thought up anything apart from those two lines? im sure mur wants a little more Background infomation, A plan and more stuff than what you have produced.

Who will you accommodate
What will you do
What will be your short term goals
What will be your long term goals
Where will you be placed in the Tribunals

[quote name='Chewett' date='07 September 2009 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1252349845' post='41113']
So, thought up anything apart from those two lines? im sure mur wants a little more Background infomation, A plan and more stuff than what you have produced.

Who will you accommodate
What will you do
What will be your short term goals
What will be your long term goals
Where will you be placed in the Tribunals
[/quote]

That takes time. I will come up with something soon and let you know. XD I do hope others will put their ideas up on the board. Maybe I can get ideas from them. Who knows? :D

What's with this oddball thing? The caretakers should have something to do with the Tribunals not fairytale characters.

The caretakers should be Like the caretakers of a temple...*hint*

Windy, you, like redneck, have put little to no thought into this request for an alliance. I see nothing yet that shows ant initiative or proper reason as To why you should be the leader. Come back in a few days when you are ready to present a pproper alliance request.

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='07 September 2009 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1252356648' post='41126']
What's with this oddball thing? The caretakers should have something to do with the Tribunals not fairytale characters.

The caretakers should be Like the caretakers of a temple...*hint*

Windy, you, like redneck, have put little to no thought into this request for an alliance. I see nothing yet that shows ant initiative or proper reason as To why you should be the leader. Come back in a few days when you are ready to present a pproper alliance request.
[/quote]

It does not matter whether you think she put thought or not into it, Fenrir. This is a new and exciting venture and Leucretia boldly and courageous put her bid in. You have this bad habit of discouraging players from posting because You think they didn't put any thought into it. I applaud Leucretia for being the first to even TRY.

• Root Admin

The following alliance are now available to enter game, affiliated to the new Lands of The East / Tribunal:

Caretakers [view logo]

(previously called "Dark Side"), 10 seats, Tribunal Lands, neutral.

Suggested role: Services to the dead, cleanup of crime scenes, ritual activities, research, mercenaries.

Anyone Who wishes to be leader please state here and what you would do with them

Edited by Chewett

Sorry about the other topic Chewett... I am a terrible VS, whatever that is. :(

I for one have never been much for the current alliances, I have made it clear to those who ask that my role is to care for people, not for lands or some religion or creatures. During my time in MD I think I have made it abundantly clear to those who know me that I love research.

I would like to apply for the role of leadership for the Caretakers.

Here is my idea for the role of the alliance:
Everything the caretakers do is for the care of the people of MD, be that research, defense of the innocent (we'll get to that later), or simply taking care of messes once we have failed to protect them. (Crime scene investigation, care of the dead.) This alliance would ideally get itself involved in the politics of the other lands, doing it's best to prevent war. Should a war break out they may choose a side, in order to protect an innocent people. (I understand that Mur stated the four lands could be involved in wars, the Tribunal is not one of them.) Because of this, if a strong enough group of warriors were collected it would dissuade unreasonable wars and require the public announcement of cause for wars (I realize that I myself am not that strong). (Without reason a war would go under unreasonable and the care takers would step in on the other side.)

When I see Tribunal I think judgement, and I think this alliance plan fits that. When I see caretakers, I think caring for people.

When I see tribunal, I also think a group of people. As necessary for this alliance to do it's job and remain neutral, the members would have to be relatively neutral themselves, and would also require group decisions, public group decisions available for scrutiny of the public. As leader I would do administrative tasks, as well as train any new members in the basics of the alliance, mainly caring for people, probably in basic first aid. However, decisions would not be made by me. The decision to accept any new members, to side in any war, or take any other serious measure would be voted on by the group. (Obviously at first any decision for new members would be made by me, there would be no other members.)

In a practical light, the first thing I would do as administrator, (Besides recruiting new members, which I feel would most likely happen by itself here in the forums, though if not I will actively attempt to recruit.) would be to go to each alliance leader and have them assign an envoy to the caretakers who's job it would be to keep the Care Takers up to date on pertinent information. Also in consideration is allowing one envoy from each land a vote in major decisions of the care takers. Because there would be one vote from each land it may cancel out any bias, however, more consideration must be done one this front.

I feel that I, as a doctor, and as an individual who has never been associated with any land or alliance, and has purposefully avoided such things, would be ideal for this role. However, I also realize that as far as politics go, as well as public popularity, I may not be the best man for the job. I would be happy to have someone who is more of a "people person" aware than myself take the role of leader and serve beneath them. Individuals who come to mind are Ailith, Handy Pockets and a few others.

As for people to be accepted into the group, applicants would be preferably neutral, (I understand this would be hard, few people in the game have not been in some alliance.) other than that, they would need to care firstly for people, other people, and have some useful skillset for caring for those people, be they a knight, a mortician, a priest, a doctor or some such thing. No, barkeep is not an acceptable task. Yes, I suppose people need one, but we are looking for more along the lines of fundamental needs. (Mortician, or priest of some sort is included, while Guy could care less about the dead he does recognize others do care about how the dead are handled, and thus it matters to him, even if he would use a thousand corpses to barricade an enemy from people he was defending.

Edit: Oh, a mission statement or motto or something... "Protect everyone at all times. Fail less everyday."

Sorry about earlier Chewett.

I for one have never been much for the current alliances, I have made it clear to those who ask that my role is to care for people, not for lands or some religion or creatures. During my time in MD I think I have made it abundantly clear to those who know me that I love research.

I would like to apply for the role of leadership for the Caretakers.

Here is my idea for the role of the alliance:
Everything the caretakers do is for the care of the people of MD, be that research, defense of the innocent (we'll get to that later), or simply taking care of messes once we have failed to protect them. (Crime scene investigation, care of the dead.) This alliance would ideally get itself involved in the politics of the other lands, doing it's best to prevent war. Should a war break out they may choose a side, in order to protect an innocent people. (I understand that Mur stated the four lands could be involved in wars, the Tribunal is not one of them.) Because of this, if a strong enough group of warriors were collected it would dissuade unreasonable wars and require the public announcement of cause for wars (I realize that I myself am not that strong). (Without reason a war would go under unreasonable and the care takers would step in on the other side.)

When I see Tribunal I think judgement, and I think this alliance plan fits that. When I see caretakers, I think caring for people.

When I see tribunal, I also think a group of people. As necessary for this alliance to do it's job and remain neutral, the members would have to be relatively neutral themselves, and would also require group decisions, public group decisions available for scrutiny of the public. As leader I would do administrative tasks, as well as train any new members in the basics of the alliance, mainly caring for people, probably in basic first aid. However, decisions would not be made by me. The decision to accept any new members, to side in any war, or take any other serious measure would be voted on by the group. (Obviously at first any decision for new members would be made by me, there would be no other members.)

In a practical light, the first thing I would do as administrator, (Besides recruiting new members, which I feel would most likely happen by itself here in the forums, though if not I will actively attempt to recruit.) would be to go to each alliance leader and have them assign an envoy to the caretakers who's job it would be to keep the Care Takers up to date on pertinent information. Also in consideration is allowing one envoy from each land a vote in major decisions of the care takers. Because there would be one vote from each land it may cancel out any bias, however, more consideration must be done one this front.

I feel that I, as a doctor, and as an individual who has never been associated with any land or alliance, and has purposefully avoided such things, would be ideal for this role. However, I also realize that as far as politics go, as well as public popularity, I may not be the best man for the job. I would be happy to have someone who is more of a "people person" aware than myself take the role of leader and serve beneath them. Individuals who come to mind are Ailith, Handy Pockets and a few others.

As for people to be accepted into the group, applicants would be preferably neutral, (I understand this would be hard, few people in the game have not been in some alliance.) other than that, they would need to care firstly for people, other people, and have some useful skillset for caring for those people, be they a knight, a mortician, a priest, a doctor or some such thing. No, barkeep is not an acceptable task. Yes, I suppose people need one, but we are looking for more along the lines of fundamental needs. (Mortician, or priest of some sort is included, while Guy could care less about the dead he does recognize others do care about how the dead are handled, and thus it matters to him, even if he would use a thousand corpses to barricade an enemy from people he was defending.

Edit: Oh, a mission statement or motto or something... "Protect everyone at all times. Fail less everyday."

Edited by Guybrush Threepwood

• Root Admin

I like your idea Guy, you are a responsible person who i think should have more things to do, And you have a plan

BTW: you can post on these topics again.

@Leu, Thanks for making the one topic, but i feel it will be easier if we had two

• Root Admin

[quote name='redneck' date='07 September 2009 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1252361100' post='41145']
how do i join this ally the "CareTakers"?

i would like to become a member of the Cretakers but not the leader. I want to stand with Guy and everytihng he is about this ally.
[/quote]

redneck, you sure this just isnt "my alliance hasnt got created so i want to be in one as a co leader"?

seems a lot like it. Also this is for Leaders. Please no-one else post stuff about joining alliances

[quote name='redneck' date='07 September 2009 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1252361272' post='41148']
i think what you put up there was the best. so i personally think you should be the leader and if you become the leader i wanrt to srtand by your side in the ally
[/quote]

At this point in time, you have seen exactly [b]one[/b] idea spelled out in a sensible and coherent fashion.

Your posts consistently reek of desperation, and they are easily read as you screaming, over and over again, "I want to be in an alliance!" seeking little more than attention and notoriety.

Edited by Watcher

nah guy, i disagree, wot ya are trying to make is like UN, ya are directly involved into politics and wars, and that is unacceptable

OT: eh but to hell wot am i talking about its just me, me thinks archies arent neutral as well, me doesnt trust them to do records for mb :D and i am thinking for long time to get land's own archie, but then again for wot would i need it, i dont really need it atm, also i think ailith is smart to get her own scribe, but she wants it for recording minor events not becoz mistrust into them, so yea its most likely only me