The Caretakers

Chewett

• Root Admin

I cleaned this post by making an enormous quantity of offtopic posts INVISIBLE, not deleted. I left visible only the ones that state the alliance plans of those that compete for its leadership. The invisible posts are still visible for me.

Please keep posting whatever you think, i will make invisible all those that i consider, but ALL are read and taken into consideration for this decision. Your personal votes and opinions about one or the other leader also count. New leaders are welcome to apply, no leader was selected yet, but one will soon be.

Current people that applied:

Leucretia
Fenrir
phantasm

Good luck...if luck has anything to do with this.

I know there are some people who have issued with my "youth" to MD. Several have expressed it and I'm sure there are many more who have not. Yes I am 188 days old and started around February of this year. I have, however, been playing MMORPGs for about 18 years. I am older than probally most of the players in MD. A few things in the past....

The Realm started around 1991
Leader of the Assassin's Guild- The Realm circa 1991
Officer of Legion of Hades-The Realm circa 1993

Switched to Ultima Online-Great Lakes server 1994
Co-Leader of Legion of Hades-Ultima Online circa 1994

Switched to Everquest server Povar-2001

Switched to World of Warcraft-Server Doomhammer2004
Officer and Raid leader of Urban Achievers-circa 2004

Switched to Vanguard (forget wich server)-2007
Officer and Lead Raid Tank

Switched to Warhammer-Sylvania Server-2008
Officer of Shadow's of Sylvania-circa 2009

Does all that mean I will make a good leader? Hard to say because every game is Unique and different to the needs of their leaders. I just want to see this alliance set off in the right direction. I took the name of the alliance, the basic idea of what I see a Caretaker as, and ran with it. There is deffinatly alot more that the alliance needs to be about than my writeup. It is a general makeup of what could be a very big addition to the Alliances of all lands as a whole

• Root Admin

Age matters nothing, Experiance does. I consider some people with Less Active days much more experianced than others, For example look at Unbelievable Power, He started the game and quickly learnt how to play it. He for example was much more experianced in his first month than redneck is now with 300 odd days

I may be older than everyone, yet i am much less experianced than most, and have been told recently by redneck that he knows much more than me. So obviously his 300 days is greater than my... 685 or something

[quote name='Chewett' date='13 September 2009 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1252862657' post='41691']
Age matters nothing, Experiance does. I consider some people with Less Active days much more experianced than others, For example look at Unbelievable Power, He started the game and quickly learnt how to play it. He for example was much more experianced in his first month than redneck is now with 300 odd days

I may be older than everyone, yet i am much less experianced than most, and have been told recently by redneck that he knows much more than me. So obviously his 300 days is greater than my... 685 or something
[/quote]

Thats because your gonna be an old man like me in 5 days:P

Seriously though I agree and am glad that most think time on the game isn't a requirement as much as other things. I have had unbelievable support from many people and hope that if I am chosen, I can make a mark that they are glad to be backing. I sometimes am not as elequant with words, or spell them right for that matter, but most people usually get my point. I grew up in farm town USA with probally less education then alot. I always was good at leading though, from farming, to boyscouts, to biker gangs, ect. More than anything though I want to see this alliance started on the right foot. No matter how it goes down, I want to see this guild build and grow to its full potential. Of course I am a little one sided thinking my idea is the best:D

I had an idea earlier today while I was making connections with different parts in md.

The one connection I made was the connection between the tribunal and the caretakers names.

I thought of the different meanings of tribunal and caretaker. A tribunal is a group of people whose purpose is to judge and A caretaker can be connected to a caretaker government. A caretaker govrrntmwnts purpose is to hold the seats of power until the real holders come back from a sick leave or someone new is chosen.

I would like to propose this idea as well as my other. I propose that the caretakers become a caretaker government of the tribunals(the land of the east). They would behave like a normal government but the additional duty of finding the true leader of the lands or until a new leader has been chosen.

Please tell me if this idea sounds reasonable or not, or just plain stupid. The connection makes sense to me, but I dunno if it does to others.

Edited by Fenrir Greycloth

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='13 September 2009 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1252878640' post='41700']
I had an idea earlier today while I was making connections with different parts in md.

The one connection I made was the connection between the tribunal and the caretakers names.

I thought of the different meanings of tribunal and caretaker. A tribunal is a group of people whose purpose is to judge and A caretaker can be connected to a caretaker government. A caretaker govrrntmwnts purpose is to hold the seats of power until the real holders come back from a sick leave or someone new is chosen.

I would like to propose this idea as well as my other. I propose that the caretakers become a caretaker government of the tribunals(the land of the east). They would behave like a normal government but the additional duty of finding the true leader of the lands or until a new leader has been chosen.

Please tell me if this idea sounds reasonable or not, or just plain stupid. The connection makes sense to me, but I dunno if it does to others.
[/quote]

Neat idea, Fenrir. Brings to mind, Judge Dredd. XD

I see the new land as a new stage in our lives. There is a serious side to these lands. The Tribunal is any group who has authority to judge. When you walk through the gates into the Tribunal lands, you notice the buildings are built higher than any other structure in the land. Could this 15th century. Old French< Latin tribunal "platform for magistrates" be what we see. Could it be one of governing and truth. Do we judge with power in mind or do we judge with understanding.

Leader--The leader would provide guidance and understanding, to the Adjudicators, and the MDUI. This position would watch for the traditions, the stories to be recorded and have spells to support this new land’s people.

Adjudicators-- three seats--Disputes from all the lands would Be discussed behind closed doors to see if a trial could be fairly held in public. This would help set up trials for Mur.

Bones--two seats--The burial of our fallen. Be they alts we can not care for anymore (hope to speed up eliminating excess alts this way), or when the sparks fly from battles and innocent players are killed.

MDUI--two seats--MagicDuel Unit of Investagation: This unit will investigate crimes and and report findings to the Adjudicators

Cultural attache-- responsible to promote our culture of our homeland. This position also be one of a cover for spy. Someone who wants to write all day will find this Seat to his or her liking.

Horticulturist--the appointed would care for the vast land area.

I do not claim to be leader material. I would like to see differnt ideas,as The Tribunals are more modern than the rest of the realm.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Handy Pockets' date='14 September 2009 - 03:32 AM' timestamp='1252895556' post='41711']
I see the new land as a new stage in our lives. There is a serious side to these lands. The Tribunal is any group who has authority to judge. When you walk through the gates into the Tribunal lands, you notice the buildings are built higher than any other structure in the land. Could this 15th century. Old French< Latin tribunal "platform for magistrates" be what we see. Could it be one of governing and truth. Do we judge with power in mind or do we judge with understanding.

Leader--The leader would provide guidance and understanding, to the Adjudicators, and the MDUI. This position would watch for the traditions, the stories to be recorded and have spells to support this new land’s people.

Adjudicators-- three seats--Disputes from all the lands would Be discussed behind closed doors to see if a trial could be fairly held in public. This would help set up trials for Mur.

Bones--two seats--The burial of our fallen. Be they alts we can not care for anymore (hope to speed up eliminating excess alts this way), or when the sparks fly from battles and innocent players are killed.

MDUI--two seats--MagicDuel Unit of Investagation: This unit will investigate crimes and and report findings to the Adjudicators

Cultural attache-- responsible to promote our culture of our homeland. This position also be one of a cover for spy. Someone who wants to write all day will find this Seat to his or her liking.

Horticulturist--the appointed would care for the vast land area.

I do not claim to be leader material. I would like to see differnt ideas,as The Tribunals are more modern than the rest of the realm.
[/quote]

I like this idea but do not think anyone here who has volunteered for leader is right to lead an alliance yet, Everyone seems a little experianceless at the moment.

[quote name='Chewett' date='14 September 2009 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1252906010' post='41716']
I like this idea but do not think anyone here who has volunteered for leader is right to lead an alliance yet, Everyone seems a little experianceless at the moment.
[/quote]
That's extremely cyclic: you don't have leadership experience, so we will not let you be the next leader, so you cannot get leadership experience...
Furthermore, you cannot know how much experience they have got outside of the game (except if they post it and you trust them). One of the reasons you wont see me leading an alliance is that I have already witnessed the backstabbing and conspiring irl.

[quote name='Chewett' date='14 September 2009 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1252906010' post='41716']
[/quote]

How very pompous, arrogant, and narrow minded of you.

But isn't the backstabbing and conspiring what makes leading so much fun? Also, I will say this. I do not have experience being in an alliance, I do not have experience leading an alliance, and frankly, I think that's a good thing, at least as far as my suggestion goes. Being in an alliance is just cause for more bias, I have purposefully not taken to an alliance because it does not fit my role. I am not scrambling for some alliance, I am waiting patiently for one to be made that I could join, or I will simply stay alliance less forever. (Though I suppose something like the advertisers I have no role worthy cause to not join, of course I suck with computers and people, so but, I digress.)

The alliance I have suggested will not have the structure of any other alliance, and as such having been part of one in the past will not be helpful. Anywho, past that, what sort of experience does a fellow need? Seems to me that everyone who has applied has had a fair bit of experience with MD, especially in what they suggested.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Leucretia' date='14 September 2009 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1252942694' post='41736']
How very pompous, arrogant, and narrow minded of you.
[/quote]

Perhaps, but apparently i also have "nazistic behavior", it is merely my opinion. We are all free to say what we wish,

I just feel that you leu, nor fenrir has very much experiance of what i call "real Rp" for example like Tarq's Roleplaying. And Guy i dont really know you but assumed the same.

So i would take it back about you generally, as i dont really know enought about guy yet i dont feel you (leu) or fenrir has enough real experiance. Please flame me and report me to mur but it is merely my opinon. And i felt that Mur was asking for everyones opinion. I am merely one of many others, probably the only one who feels you might not do a great job, but it is my opinion nonetheless

[quote name='Chewett' date='14 September 2009 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1252949222' post='41738']
Perhaps, but apparently i also have "nazistic behavior", it is merely my opinion. We are all free to say what we wish,

I just feel that you leu, nor fenrir has very much experiance of what i call "real Rp" for example like Tarq's Roleplaying. And Guy i dont really know you but assumed the same.

So i would take it back about you generally, as i dont really know enought about guy yet i dont feel you (leu) or fenrir has enough real experiance. Please flame me and report me to mur but it is merely my opinon. And i felt that Mur was asking for everyones opinion. I am merely one of many others, probably the only one who feels you might not do a great job, but it is my opinion nonetheless
[/quote]

I will not flame you nor report you to Mur. That would be silly. I don't know how you can compare anyone's rping with Tarq's. We all have our own individual style. I have yet to see you effectively rp, so I feel that you (thankfully) have no right to judge. I do not believe that rping has anything with leadership in this context. You completely baffle me with your opinions...which by the way...are always about tearing people apart. Shame on you.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='13 September 2009 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1252833877' post='41663']
I cleaned this post by making an enormous quantity of offtopic posts INVISIBLE, not deleted. I left visible only the ones that state the alliance plans of those that compete for its leadership. The invisible posts are still visible for me.

Please keep posting whatever you think, i will make invisible all those that i consider, but ALL are read and taken into consideration for this decision. Your personal votes and opinions about one or the other leader also count. New leaders are welcome to apply, no leader was selected yet, but one will soon be.

Current people that applied:

Leucretia
Fenrir
phantasm

Good luck...if luck has anything to do with this.
[/quote]

i vote for leucretia *smiles*

Stop being offended over nothing. Chewett rarely plays md. Therefore he can not know what sort of actions ig we take. Tarq's rp is lightyears beyond anyone elses md. He is easily the best Rper in this game. No doubt about it.

I feel this alliance is whati need to grow and step up my game a bit with a challenge. Leading an alliance, even if it consists of three people, is not easy, rightChewett? Some struggle, others don't.

[quote name='Chewett' date='14 September 2009 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1252949222' post='41738']

[/quote]

What about me chewy??!!

As far as experience I have shown fairly extensive amounts and could go into alot more detail, but I see no need for it. I'm sure my RP style is much different than others and I will in no way compare myself to Lucius RP. I slip out of RP same as alot of others, but I feel my role is very well defined in who I am

I think this allinace will be the next "big thing", which is of course why there is so much controversy and debate. I do not however think that this alliance has any right to "govern" or "judge" other alliances as fenrir suggested. Sure it may have some underhanded dealings that effect other alliances and the blance, but it wil not be directly involved. I see this alliance more as the undertone. It is a big part of the new land of the East, but in every other land it is more a lurker of the shadows and stabber of backs then outright judging or affecting something in the open.

While it will be a "nuetral" guild I think it will have alot of sway not only for alliances as a whole but for individuals. It is a big responsability to be in charge of careing for the dead along with influencing the living. It is also a role that can easly be taken to ones head and swelled into an abusive role. Thre is a thin line between brilliant covert assasing, and crazy evil mad scientists. Who is to say...perhaps the leader needs to be able to jump back and forth over the line like a jump rope *evil grin*

• Root Admin

[quote name='phantasm' date='14 September 2009 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1252962475' post='41745']
What about me chewy??!!

As far as experience I have shown fairly extensive amounts and could go into alot more detail, but I see no need for it. I'm sure my RP style is much different than others and I will in no way compare myself to Lucius RP. I slip out of RP same as alot of others, but I feel my role is very well defined in who I am
[/quote]

well i would give you my opinion but it seems that some would prefere to insult me for it and not respect my views...

everyone has one, some are braver to say their true feelings than others, however wrong people see them

As far as RP goes, I have done a we (is there a different we there? Pretty sure wii is not right) bit. I guess I am unwilling to speak of my own RP though, if anyone else has an opinion on it, I'll let them state it. However, I will say that Phantasm did win that last paper shaper contest, so he certainly has skill with words, and presumably some creativity. Along with that, I suppose I could state that I myself didn't do poorly on the creative end of things either.

[quote name='Chewett' date='14 September 2009 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1252963009' post='41746']
well i would give you my opinion but it seems that some would prefere to insult me for it and not respect my views...

everyone has one, some are braver to say their true feelings than others, however wrong people see them
[/quote]

bah chewy let it out. Trust me you will not affect me nor will i have any less respect for you. I value your words as much as any other adn if you have ideas to improve upon or ideas in genreal i fear neither

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='14 September 2009 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1252965065' post='41749']
(is there a different we there? Pretty sure wii is not right[/quote]
Wee, I believe

Anyways, personally, I don't think anyone here is really fit to lead an alliance. Don't take it as an insult because I couldn't either xD

Anyone can come up with a role for the alliance, and get members from the flood of people asking to be in simply because it's a new alliance, but personally, I think it takes skill as a leader to have something like the SoE, an alliance with a member cap of 50, but with under 10 members who all follow the alliance's role. At least, that's the way I see it. Correct me if I'm wrong, though xD