The Caretakers

Chewett

[quote name='Leucretia' date='09 September 2009 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1252519796' post='41344']
Gotcha. But that would be like people going into Necrovion or Loreroot and claiming land too. Would those allaince leaders put up with that?
[/quote]

as i said its same as you claiming wind sanct for pub :o anyone objected? ofc didnt

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='09 September 2009 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1252526534' post='41356']
as i said its same as you claiming wind sanct for pub :o anyone objected? ofc didnt
[/quote]
Actually, I did get a lot of flack for that...at first. But then the pub became so popular that it became an entity unto itself. I see your point. :D

I think the caretakers are more a Graveyard type caretakers then the trim the hedges caretaker. I don’t see much of a point to an alliance that is just a face for a land. It should have a deep rooted sense of something it wants to accomplish. What better person to lead such an organization than me. I am slightly undead, have a love for finding trouble to get into, and think that an alliance such as this should be able to War as well as tend. What is a hedge trimmer going to do in battle? Gravediggers, throughout history, have been well known for taking matters into their own hands. Doing dark experiments, finding fresh corpses when none are available, and keeping the dead where they belong. I have a shrewd and keen mind, am more than willing to pull battle if needed, and have an overall love for things shady and dark dealings.

I also have strong feelings towards guarding what I think needs guarded. I also have a great respect and would demand a great respect for togetherness. I have never liked the idea of people jumping in and out of an alliance. Once you are in you are in, and once you are out you are out. If people decide to apply, and I decide to accept, they will not be allowed to jump around freely with their tag. Alliances are a bond, a family, meant to care and watch after each other, and the lands they hold at ALL times.

The Caretakers

Purpose of the Caretakers--
The underlying purpose I think should be about death. Just as a caretaker would tend to the gravestones and prepare the dead for their travels, that should be the role. As I think the Tribunal will be about monuments and pieces of great people in MD gone by, they will tend to the research and care of these illustrious names, and keeping a good care over the lands and the actions that hold within.

Role of the Caretakers---
To preserve and glorify names of the most memorable people of MD’s past, and to an extent, present. To all great sick and twisted caretakers, life wouldn't be complete without a little death and mayhem. Darkness would be their cloak. Death would be their sword. Fate would be their mind. Sometimes it is needed to hasten the process in which things happen. Caretakers have a love for the end of things. Sometimes the end of things do not come as fast as they would like, so they….hasten things. I think the alliance would be classified not as good or evil but as Chaotic.
To walk through the lands with a shovel in their hand. The self proclaimed judge and jury of whatever they feel to be the judge of. Is it any more evil to see who should be judged anymore than a knight would judge who is wrong or right? Is it any more wrong to bury the not-so-dead for a little pay than to burn your enemies alive for the sake of religion?

“Grave digger…when you dig my grave…please make it shallow…so that I can feel the rain”

Structure of Alliance

Master Chief- The Leader. The man with the master plan. Responsible for leading activities and making sure the alliance itself runs smooth. Approves or Denies Plans set forth by the Grave Diggers

Grave Digger- Right and Left hand seats. Those deemed worthy by the Master Chief to carry out plans approved for action. Usually carries out secret plans that are only known between the upper management. Runs activities set forth in the land and keeps watch over the lower levels of the alliance

Scribe- Responsible for keeping logs of meetings. Also keeps a record of festivities, duties carried out by the alliance, and a secret log of the things carried out that no one knows.

Concotionist- The thinker. Thinks up ideas for activities and festivities. Is not aware of the more secret of workings though may be an unknowing participant in its actions. An active role in anything and everything within the alliance, with the exception of certain plans held privilege to the top 3 of the alliance.

Caretakers- The grunts. The 5 general population members of the alliance. Carries out all propaganda and general actions of the Alliance. Those of the position to care after the land and the things concerning the alliance outside the land. All around fun people and held accountable for the smooth running of the land.

Inthe terms of actual game play... What can your alliance do? It seems to me that it is just an extension of the sentinels.

What game mechanics are you able to utilise for these dark experiments?

This alliance is along the lines of windys proposal, it will be entirely rp. Not that is a bad thing, of course!

Oh, the Caretakers cannot participate in wars, the caretakers are nuetral. ;)

Edited by Fenrir Greycloth

[quote name='Leucretia' date='10 September 2009 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1252519796' post='41344']
Gotcha. But that would be like people going into Necrovion or Loreroot and claiming land too. Would those allaince leaders put up with that?
[/quote]
In my opinion that is a different case, because both Loreroot and Necrovion has a military alliance whose role is to protect that land, and they were given that role by Mur himself. Claiming land that they're protecting... of course they would react. Neither of the two tribunal alliances' suggested role is to be the official military defender of the land, they seem only as alliances based/affiliated with that land, so I don't see why those alliances should react much (the seal of six might be suggested as a fighting alliance, but it's more of a small brotherhood of combatants instead of a military force). It is like how the seekers of enlightenment won't bother much if someone makes a pub in MB, or the DS if someone made a pub in MDA Lands.

no, neither will, becoz claiming location for pub is rp and then they are working on our territory, its not like somebody for example necros come and claim one location in mb as part of necro, in that case we would beat them to... hmm death? ;) but peace is already dead so idk which word to use in this example, but my point is, claiming location of some land as your work place is oke, but claiming location of land to expand your domain isnt good

What's with all this about hedge trimmers? Why do we keep bringing up hedge trimmers? And just out of curiosity, why is it a slightly undead individual is the best man for the job to "keep the dead where they belong"? Not saying that it's not a little fitting, but it does seem a little hypocritical if you're going to wander around putting zombies back in their graves.

[left]

[center]
[img]http://magicduel.com/art/housing/6t.gif[/img]
[/center]
[b]Summary[/b]:
The Caretakers are ritualists. They thrive on their rituals, for that is what is important to them. Their rituals are based on the living, as well as the dead. For the purpose of judging them, and for remembering their feats and flaws. To remember them as they were is more important than remembering what they did. The festivals we hold in honour of the living(not necessarily people) have a hidden purpose.

To the public, the Caretaker is responsible for maintaining the monuments, as well as the graves. For taking care of the living, and the dead, and to take care of the memories. Their actions towards the Seal of Six is to act as Squires, and Advisors if they so wish.

The rituals and festivals held by the Caretakers will be held in order to bring culture to those who wish to inhabit the land. To create a tight niche. The first project the Caretakers will take on, is PR(public relations). PR is important for image. We wish to cultivate that image with these festivals and bring in those who fit with the land. After this project has been some what accomplished, the secondary nature of the Caretakers will show through. Death.

Life is important, but without Death, Life is not Life. Burials and Remembrance of those who have passed is extremely important. As Awiiya has done, we shall do as well. Remember the Legends, those who have departed, and remember what they brought to this world in the form of festivals.

The caretakers perform these rituals for the publics benefit, but they will also perform private rituals of a much Darker nature. I do not plan on explaining the purpose of these rituals as they are private, however, the caretakers are not fuzzy little chairmen of a city, but have a dualist nature. ;)

With the festivals, fairs, and galas the Caretakers will throw to build culture and respect amongst them (the people), the Caretakers will become an essential part of the land, just as the sky and fields of grain are an essential part of the peoples happiness.

[i]The Structure of the alliance is much like the structure of a town. The Grandmaster will not take upon the role of Mayor, however. That is not the Caretakers goal![/i] [/left]

[b]The structure of the alliance is as goes:[/b]

[left]-[i]Grandmaster Caretaker[/i]:
- The Grandmaster will be responsible for the organization of the festivals, the maintaining of rituals, and will act as Judge between feuding inhabitants. Will also be responsible for the study and publication of the Tribunal lands, as well as the Tribunal's Quests. [Will be using my own Q Doc as the Alliance Quest Doc]

-[i]Master of Health[/i]:
- The Master of Health is required to have experience in herbs and remedies for the general populace, as well as knowledge of the body of both human, and animal akin.[ie healing spells]

-[i]Master of Manuscripts[/i]:
- The Master of Manuscripts is responsible for the documentation and recording of events, festivals, and special occasions during their lifetime. I will be getting the ability to edit RPC items, and edit certain items to include history.

-[i]Master of Culture[/i]:
- The Master of Culture is responsible for the general reports of the reception of different cultural events and advises the Grandmaster on the daily life of the common folk. Also responsible for the burial ceremonies of the deceased.

-[i]General Caretakers[/i]:
- The General Caretakers are the major workforce of the Caretakers, dealing with commonplace practices, hidden practices, and the training to become Master, and eventually Grandmaster.[/left]

[b]Festival and Ritual Ideas/topics[/b]:

- To celebrate the monuments in the tribunals, to bring respect to those who have died.

- Rituals to care for the graves and the mausoleums.

- Rituals to keep the dead peaceful, and the living happy. We all have a fear of death and must keep that fear at bay by making the deceased happy.

- Festivals to celebrate the memories of the dead, and the futures of the living.

I have always felt that MagicDuel lacked culture in general. We do have story night, which I always attend if I can! And then there was Handy(and Awiiyas) and their Ritual of the Seeds. I loved that. That was something special that I really enjoyed. I may be taking on something out of my league, I recognize that, but if Calyx was able to create the Dojo, if Pample could make the Story Night, and if Handy could have an Alliance(and an entire land as well) idea originate from those seeds, then I am willing to add something lasting as well.

Some things I have yet to show to most of the people in MD are my leadership, and people abilities. I have them; I use them all the time in Real life, now it is time to apply these skills in MD. A project such as this would definitely help me prove my worth to the community, instead of just sharing ideas, and provoking thoughts(good or bad)!

My role as the Seeker of Lockets will not change as Leader for the alliance. If anything, my role will be incorporated and will enhance it. Artefacts are a major part of culture, and who better than the Seeker of Lockets to add those artefacts.

[center]
[img]http://magicduel.com/art/housing/6t.gif[/img]
[/center][/quote]

This is the updated version of my application. I have reorganised and smoothed out some language as well as listed the kind of rituals/festivals the Caretakers shall hold. I will keep updating it.

Edited by Fenrir Greycloth

[quote name='phantasm' date='10 September 2009 - 08:27 AM' timestamp='1252589236' post='41395']
I think the caretakers are more a Graveyard type caretakers then the trim the hedges caretaker. I don’t see much of a point to an alliance that is just a face for a land. It should have a deep rooted sense of something it wants to accomplish. What better person to lead such an organization than me. I am slightly undead, have a love for finding trouble to get into, and think that an alliance such as this should be able to War as well as tend. What is a hedge trimmer going to do in battle? Gravediggers, throughout history, have been well known for taking matters into their own hands. Doing dark experiments, finding fresh corpses when none are available, and keeping the dead where they belong. I have a shrewd and keen mind, am more than willing to pull battle if needed, and have an overall love for things shady and dark dealings.

I also have strong feelings towards guarding what I think needs guarded. I also have a great respect and would demand a great respect for togetherness. I have never liked the idea of people jumping in and out of an alliance. Once you are in you are in, and once you are out you are out. If people decide to apply, and I decide to accept, they will not be allowed to jump around freely with their tag. Alliances are a bond, a family, meant to care and watch after each other, and the lands they hold at ALL times.

The Caretakers

Purpose of the Caretakers--
The underlying purpose I think should be about death. Just as a caretaker would tend to the gravestones and prepare the dead for their travels, that should be the role. As I think the Tribunal will be about monuments and pieces of great people in MD gone by, they will tend to the research and care of these illustrious names, and keeping a good care over the lands and the actions that hold within.

Role of the Caretakers---
To preserve and glorify names of the most memorable people of MD’s past, and to an extent, present. To all great sick and twisted caretakers, life wouldn't be complete without a little death and mayhem. Darkness would be their cloak. Death would be their sword. Fate would be their mind. Sometimes it is needed to hasten the process in which things happen. Caretakers have a love for the end of things. Sometimes the end of things do not come as fast as they would like, so they….hasten things. I think the alliance would be classified not as good or evil but as Chaotic.
To walk through the lands with a shovel in their hand. The self proclaimed judge and jury of whatever they feel to be the judge of. Is it any more evil to see who should be judged anymore than a knight would judge who is wrong or right? Is it any more wrong to bury the not-so-dead for a little pay than to burn your enemies alive for the sake of religion?

“Grave digger…when you dig my grave…please make it shallow…so that I can feel the rain”

Structure of Alliance

Master Chief- The Leader. The man with the master plan. Responsible for leading activities and making sure the alliance itself runs smooth. Approves or Denies Plans set forth by the Grave Diggers

Grave Digger- Right and Left hand seats. Those deemed worthy by the Master Chief to carry out plans approved for action. Usually carries out secret plans that are only known between the upper management. Runs activities set forth in the land and keeps watch over the lower levels of the alliance

Scribe- Responsible for keeping logs of meetings. Also keeps a record of festivities, duties carried out by the alliance, and a secret log of the things carried out that no one knows.

Concotionist- The thinker. Thinks up ideas for activities and festivities. Is not aware of the more secret of workings though may be an unknowing participant in its actions. An active role in anything and everything within the alliance, with the exception of certain plans held privilege to the top 3 of the alliance.

Caretakers- The grunts. The 5 general population members of the alliance. Carries out all propaganda and general actions of the Alliance. Those of the position to care after the land and the things concerning the alliance outside the land. All around fun people and held accountable for the smooth running of the land.
[/quote]

Dark, underground, secretive, and protective to some extent? I would not be surprised if you are a member of the Brotherhood, O Dark One. What..you think I didn't know? ;) And just when you thought you knew me so well.

I like your ideas and structure of the Alliance concept. Hmmm, would be a long commute everyday. Work on getting your AP up.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Phantasm's idea fits better with the seal of six? For some reason I feel that that group would be the murderous creepy grave keepers, but that could just be me... Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone feel that any of these ideas might be better off in the seal of six?

Well, what you are going on is just the name, right? That is all we are going on. What windy, guy, and myself have proposed can certainly be applied to the caretakers more than the Seal of Six. Phantasms is definitely more of a fighting alliance. Since the caretakers are nuetral, and non combative, they do not necessarily fit. Of course the alliances are not set in stone so they can apply to both. Lol

Not just the name, but mostly. Also by the suggested role. Yeah, it's a suggestion, but if a person has an idea they should go with the one that seems closest to the suggestions. Which, again, may just be me. But there's a few applications for this, just one for seal of six. Also, mine was partly combative as well. And yes, I understand it's a neutral alliance, but I'd like to think of that as a suggestion, and rather, try unbiased.

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='10 September 2009 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1252590492' post='41401']
Inthe terms of actual game play... What can your alliance do? It seems to me that it is just an extension of the sentinels.

What game mechanics are you able to utilise for these dark experiments?

This alliance is along the lines of windys proposal, it will be entirely rp. Not that is a bad thing, of course!

Oh, the Caretakers cannot participate in wars, the caretakers are nuetral. :D
[/quote]

First off there is no such thing as true Neutral. As any can be seen from past or fiction they apply their "force" in whichever way they think the progression should take. You may not see it therefore it seems they are nuetral...but they aren't

An extentsion of the sentinels? Where do you get that? They have little do to with death and even less to do with festivities. The alliance I see will not only hold festivals and things to promote the land, but promote the rememeberance of those past. If anything I would compare it more to Archavists than to Sentinals.

Game mechanics able to utilize for these dark experiments? RP based of course as all alianced are. Some will depend on what Mur sees fit to apply to the alliance, but mainly through the RP of its members. How are any game mechanics used? They are acted upon or used as a base to create

Whos said we would stand on a battle field and fight? There are many ways to deal in the ways of death besides wars Fenrir.

It seems to me that Fenrir is afraid and wants to "demolish" phantasm's idea :D.
As I said: I think phantasm has a better idea then you Fenrir.
And since you asked about game mechanics: What will you use, Fenrir, to perform those dark rituals and whatever you have said in there cause it seems to me that you thought of a different thing then phantasm did.

Well I think I like phanatsms idea more

I like thinking of the caretakers as undertakers and followers of a death cult (perhaps following a goddess like Kali), shady and overall a death loving sort

perhaps even assasins in the process of taking care of things

I would also suggest the crypt (opposite of the statue) as their gathering place and perhaps the sewers (when they are made) for their dark endevours

So yeah I vote for phantasm too (not that it makes any difference)

Edited by Sharpwind

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='10 September 2009 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1252613607' post='41448']Not just the name, but mostly. Also by the suggested role. Yeah, it's a suggestion, but if a person has an idea they should go with the one that seems closest to the suggestions. Which, again, may just be me. But there's a few applications for this, just one for seal of six. Also, mine was partly combative as well. And yes, I understand it's a neutral alliance, but I'd like to think of that as a suggestion, and rather, try unbiased.[/quote]

You just contradicted yourself there, Doc. :D I think that one alliance dealing with "dark things" is enough! Why does everything have to do with death? What about life? It is fun to create battles and chaos and stuff, but holy crappers! Let's do something fun and exciting..not all that depressing stuff! I like Fenrir's ideals about culture and the arts..but then again...I AM a woman. :P

[color="#0000FF"]Use EDIT!!!
dst[/color]

Edited by Leucretia

well this has been a while

hm , lets see.

the thing is , i dont realy care much who gets to be the leader
its a sorta big thing to be a good leader to any alliance
let alone a great one

my opinion'
would probably be that the care takers might be a more perhaps neutral alliance
just slightly nudging themselfes torwards the evil or darker side if you will

with more of the knowledge and the power to be able to harness the darker side of magic
less then the typical sword wielding type

that the might use a more twistedversion of a healer then the normal cute innocent type
that this healer might take a bit of someones life strings
in order to heal the one he/she is aiming to heal

different types of characters

the might also clean unwanted problems and issues and make the dissapear into the thin air
these are just examples anyway

and it be more fun to come up with more unusal rank names
then the typical and boring 'captain' sergeant and well you get the picture :)

the seal of six
also my in my opinion
would be awesome to see as a bunch of holy men / women as well ^^'

uhm Monk´s if you may
that be a sight to see , and pretty inresting :P
that ollow there beliefs with passion as well show respect for other paths that might lead
to inlightment, that they dont shun people for there beliefs
but they show no pity for cruelty and beings who our out to harm others.

also yet again , its mur´s decision and hopefully
he will pick someone who is right for the role
not just a random fluke..
and someone who makes it mysterious and intriguing ( eh not the best at spelling words but you might get what i ment )
and that the person who obtain one or the other of these alliances

wont also be so cheap to not let others into the alliance
i mean gosh i ve seen a few alliances being sniffy and so on letting people in when there about only 3 people in the whole alliance XD

anyways i hope i gave someone ideas and didnt make peoples heads go aowiee :D

[quote name='Sharpwind' date='11 September 2009 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1252682121' post='41527']
Well I think I like phanatsms idea more

I like thinking of the caretakers as undertakers and followers of a death cult (perhaps following a goddess like Kali), shady and overall a death loving sort

perhaps even assasins in the process of taking care of things

I would also suggest the crypt (opposite of the statue) as their gathering place and perhaps the sewers (when they are made) for their dark endevours

So yeah I vote for phantasm too (not that it makes any difference)
[/quote]

OMDM! I totally forgot about the Sewers! Sewer Rat Quests!!!! :) I can see it now! Leggs can have her Sewer Rat Army now!